• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...SW Weekends! UPDATE 10/28 last day

Hi! I followed your link from my report and just blew threw yours within a few hours! Your 24 MK day was so much better than ours, and I'm totally jealous of Meg and Hades. When we went to see their line, we were told if we got in it we may not even get to meet anyone since I may close. I can't believe you were able to do 24 hrs!

Looks like you guys had such a blast at SWW. Also jealous of your James Arnold Taylor meet, he is fab. Also, I am pretty sure that if that picture you took looking toward the boat where you were waiting for fireworks was lighter, you would see us. lol We were right there on that night too!! :goodvibes

We were a little bit late in getting up (4:45 am) and getting into our costumes. We didn't trust the buses so we drove and ended up being on the monorail at 6 am. I think that counts as being in the park. So we're counting it. :lmao:

Stephanie and I were the 2 who really wanted to stay all 24 hours, so we decided to take selfies on the hour every hour.

6 am on the monorail:

So if you were on the monorail at 6am, how long did it take for you to get thru the turnstile and onto Main Street? You did make it all the way to Mine Train by 7am...were there crowds trying to get into the park after 6am?

So if you were on the monorail at 6am, how long did it take for you to get thru the turnstile and onto Main Street? You did make it all the way to Mine Train by 7am...were there crowds trying to get into the park after 6am?

We didn't have a wait at all to get in. I think the majority of the crowds were inside for the opening show. We arrived maybe 10-15 minutes after 6.

Hi! I followed your link from my report and just blew threw yours within a few hours! Your 24 MK day was so much better than ours, and I'm totally jealous of Meg and Hades. When we went to see their line, we were told if we got in it we may not even get to meet anyone since I may close. I can't believe you were able to do 24 hrs!

Looks like you guys had such a blast at SWW. Also jealous of your James Arnold Taylor meet, he is fab. Also, I am pretty sure that if that picture you took looking toward the boat where you were waiting for fireworks was lighter, you would see us. lol We were right there on that night too!! :goodvibes

I still have his message on my voicemail :) I love that place to watch the fireworks. I don't really care about having them centered with the hat or the street, and that area is so empty and nice. We'll definitely be watching from there again this year.

Great report and has me super excited for SWW!

Which weekend are you going? We'll be at the second weekend this year.

Which weekend are you going? We'll be at the second weekend this year.

We are going the second weekend too. That would be too funny if we spotted you. Is there like a DISer greeting to be used when you spot someone from the message boards :)

This is our first time at SWW. We will have our kiddo (turning 5) with us, who is way more interested in Disney Jr. than SW. So we will see how it goes!

We are going the second weekend too. That would be too funny if we spotted you. Is there like a DISer greeting to be used when you spot someone from the message boards :)

This is our first time at SWW. We will have our kiddo (turning 5) with us, who is way more interested in Disney Jr. than SW. So we will see how it goes!

Awesome! Did you guys get Fp+ for any of the shows? Maybe we will see each other, are you doing any characters or specific things?

Awesome! Did you guys get Fp+ for any of the shows? Maybe we will see each other, are you doing any characters or specific things?

We have two SWW days planned. On Saturday, we are doing the Chewie dash at park open and then have Galectic breakfast and Jedi dinner that day. No other specific SW plans for that day. Then on Sunday, we have the FTF deluxe package. Hubby will likely do the shows. I don't think our kiddo could handle them, so I will likely skip...although I am interested in Stars of the Saga. I know we want to do make your own light sabers. Other than Chewie, we are getting all our priority characters through the meals. I am interested in some of the roaming characters. They look pretty cool.

Do you have any specific plans or must do items for your trip this year? I loved all your character pictures.

We have two SWW days planned. On Saturday, we are doing the Chewie dash at park open and then have Galectic breakfast and Jedi dinner that day. No other specific SW plans for that day. Then on Sunday, we have the FTF deluxe package. Hubby will likely do the shows. I don't think our kiddo could handle them, so I will likely skip...although I am interested in Stars of the Saga. I know we want to do make your own light sabers. Other than Chewie, we are getting all our priority characters through the meals. I am interested in some of the roaming characters. They look pretty cool.

Do you have any specific plans or must do items for your trip this year? I loved all your character pictures.

Ahh that is a really good package, I tried to book but it was too late. That should be a fun time. Warwick Davis' show was super fun.

The roaming characters are fun, though the bounty hunters can be pretty scary and intimidating.

I think this year we are going to be hunting for an ewok pic, since that is the only character last year we missed. We are hopeful that some Rebels characters, like Ezra and Sabine and Chopper, might be available to meet this year.

Hi! :wave2: Really enjoying the TR so far (I'm not quite halfway through). This is a great reminder of all the SWW fun and characters. We have been once, back in 2010, so the refresher is very helpful! :thumbsup2 This timing seems to be similar to our trip this year - weekends 1 and 2 with F&G at the beginning and the 24 hour day later on (though we're doing a Disney cruise in between). I haven't gotten to the 24 hour day in your report yet, but excited to hear about it! :hyper:

I loved your trip report. I completely understand about the feeling of no one out there reading. I got very little to no feedback on my WDW and Universal trip reports from March. I think it was because mine got real wordy, detailed, and rambly. Yours was great though. I stayed up to finish reading it. I just saw the link in your sig on the SWW thread and started reading it during a lull at work.

DS loves Donald. That's why we did Tusker House in March. I am really hoping that we can do SWW in 2016. If so, then we'll do the H&V dinner to see him in his Star Wars get up.

Maybe we'll get to meet next year at SWW. The info was excellent. While everyone is planning their trips for this year, I am using that info to plan ours for next year. I am currently thinking of 1 full day and 2 partial days just for SWW stuff. I can't wait until it starts, and people start reporting about their trips. I will get to live vicariously through you.

We have also developed a demented and sick love for frozen butterbeer. The softserve is fantastic too. If you like candy, don't go into Honeydukes. We spent over a $100 in there. We have huge sweet tooths. I saw the tip about the ginger ice cream in China. I will definitely have to try that, because I am a huge ginger fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter