A Little Bit Of What You Fancy Does You Good

Your last two sea days sounded very relaxing. I miss having almost anything you like available just to go and eat.

Sounds like you had a nice variety of wines on your tasting package. I really liked the head shot of you on formal night. Nice picture.

What was the thing you did in the pool on the second day? Was it some sort of intro to Scuba?

It's always sad on the last day when you have to pack everything up. At least you have some time at WDW to ease the pain of getting off the ship.

I think the green gown might be my favorite so far. It shimmers so beautifully.

It does. I have a gown that kind of shimmers blue and purple, which is on the shortlist for the next cruise.

When we learned to Scuba they had us train in the pool. It was not my favorite either. Being out in the open ocean is absolutely amazing and I think you'd really enjoy it. It's like you're in another world.

I know that pool work is a necessary evil. I am kind of hoping that if I get the chance to try it in the open ocean, I may then cope better in the pool as I would know that I can do it.

How disappointing about the corn dogs at lunch.

The food is normally great and every body is entitled to get it wrong once in a while.

Dinner sounded quite yummy though.

It was .

Glad you're enjoying the new job :)

Thanks. I can't believe that on Monday, it will already have been a month since I joined. Time has flown.

I agree about the green gown....although there is a really beautiful royal blue that is very high on the list as well.

Royal blue is my favourite colour.

Actually , all of your gowns are so lovely and I'm thinking that surely you must have a closet set aside just for your formal evening wear.

Pretty much.

Happy to hear that the new job is going well.

Thanks.

Your Kennedy Space Center excursion looked fabulous. I really had no idea how much was there. I must get there at some point.

I would definitely recommend it.

I hate the talk about the survey. Makes me very annoyed. If you know you did a good job then please leave me alone, nothing is going to help if you didn't do a good job so far...

I am with you there.

Glad they fixed the pictures, good thing you checked!

I would have been so disappointed if those particular photos were missing.

Why do they do that knock at the door!

I really do not get it.

Wonderful to do an airboat ride. Great photos. I enjoyed the one we did at Boggy creek a few years back.

It is a shame that it took me so long to try it. I would love to do a longer airboat ride at some point.

Sorry you had a sore throat.

Fortunately it did not affect me too much.

Yeah Vero Beach! Love that place.

We really fell in love with the place.

What a delight meeting up with Magdalene , Michael and his bro.

It was wonderful being able to spend time with them.

Your last two sea days sounded very relaxing.

They were. Fortunately there will be plenty of relaxing sea days in the not too distant future.

Sounds like you had a nice variety of wines on your tasting package.

I was very happy with the selection.

What was the thing you did in the pool on the second day? Was it some sort of intro to Scuba?

Yes, it was called a try dive and was designed to give people an idea what Scuba is like.

At least you have some time at WDW to ease the pain of getting off the ship.

Yes, there were plenty more highlights to come.

Corinna

Day 16

This day was Thanksgiving and we did not have a great deal planned for the day. This was just as well as it had transpired during the night that the sore throat was indeed the beginning of a cold. I felt pretty OK at that stage. We had some coffee in the room and Graham spotted a woodpecker just in front of our balcony. We watched this for a while and then decided to go for a swim.

The pool area at Vero Beach is very nice. The pool is a stylized Mickey head and does look quite compact, but when you are swimming in it, it is surprisingly big. The pool has a waterslide and there is a tot tub, a mini golf course and a children’s playground in the area. We unfortunately never got around to having a round of mini golf. We started with having a nice swim. At some stage, I left Graham to it and decided to try the water slide. This is really nice. It is quite fast, but not too thrilling. I did this a few times and then we retired to the hot tub for a while. Once we were waterlogged enough, we enjoyed the early morning sunshine on a lounger for a bit so that we would dry off. Then Graham wanted to head down to the beach. I had one look at the waves and decided they were a bit big for my liking. As I am not keen on having sand on my feet, I stayed on the ramp that leads down to the beach. There was a handy bench in that area. Shortly after we got there, Magdalene arrived and I briefly spoke to her before she headed down on the beach as well. Graham could not resist the sea and went for a paddle. The waves were high enough that they went over his head a few times. Magdalene and Graham came back at around the same time and we ended up chatting for a bit longer before going our separate ways.

When we got back to the room, we took turns getting showered. We warmed up the left overs in the microwave for our breakfast and got a load of laundry going. Then we relaxed. I needed to do a second load of laundry, but while I was loading the dryer, somebody snapped up the washing machine. Fortunately there were a couple of washing machines that did not have too much longer to run. So I got my iPad from the room and read while waiting for another washing machine. It turned out that the washing machines were used by Magdalene so we saw each other again. I loaded my second load into one of the machines and then headed back to the room. We had a lovely relaxing morning only briefly interrupted by having to check dryers and switching the machines over.

Once the laundry was done, we headed out for some Thanksgiving dinner. The planning for this had been interesting to say the least. Disney’s Vero Beach Resort was undergoing a fairly extensive refurbishment programme. The rooms were done, but they were completely redoing the restaurant. In previous years, they had always offered a Thanksgiving buffet and we were seriously considering this. The new restaurant was supposed to be open by early November. However, it became apparent that this was not going to happen. So I started to look elsewhere. Magdalene had shared a couple of suggestions, but they were fairly heavily seafood based, which is not my thing. So I started to do some research. It turned out that there is a Cracker Barrel in the town of Vero Beach and they were offering a Thanksgiving dinner. I shared this with Graham and he was quite keen on this, too. Of course, when we arrived at the hotel, we found out that they were hosting a Thanksgiving buffet after all in a function room. Still, we decided to stick to the original plan. When we got to Cracker Barrel, there were quite a few people waiting to be seated. We were told that the waiting time would be approximately 25 minutes and we were OK with this. We settled down in some rocking chairs on the patio. I think it was less than 10 minutes later when we were called. Dinner was nice. Graham had ice tea and the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, ham, cornbread stuffing, green beans, carrots, cornbread and a biscuit. I had Fanta Orange and the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, ham, cornbread stuffing, green beans, dumplings and biscuit. We both enjoyed our meal. The dinner was supposed to come with a slice of pumpkin pie, but neither of us is a fan of this and there was no alternative. We were both pretty full so we did not mind. We went to pay. On the way out, I noticed that they had my favourite orange cream soda in the shop. So I decided to get a couple of bottles.

Once I had paid for my precious, we headed back to the car. There was something that we needed to do as a matter of urgency. At that stage, I had started to go downhill very quickly. So we needed to find a CVS or Walgreens so that I could get some medication. We found a CVS that was open not far from Cracker Barrel and we stopped. I got a combo pack of DayQuil and NyQuil LiquiCaps as well as some zinc tablets. What I did not think to get was a bottle of water to take the tablets with. The zinc tablets were designed to dissolve in the mouth so I was able to take one of those at least.

One thing that Graham wanted to check out while we were at Vero Beach was the local power station. Because of the warm water the power station produces, manatees tend to congregate there. Indeed, when we got there, manatee parking was advertised. We parked the car and walked the short distance towards the power station. The area around the overlook was quite scenic and we saw a lot of birds and some funny fish that kept jumping out of the water. What we did not see were any manatees. We found out the next day that the power station is no longer operating and will be knocked down shortly. So there was no more incentive for manatees to hang out in this area. Still, I am glad that we took the time to check this out.

We then headed to Riverside Park. There I found a water fountain and could take some tablets. Then we went exploring. We happened upon a real gem, the Veterans Memorial Island Sanctuary. This is part of Riverside Park, but is a little haven of peace. It is reached via a bridge from Riverside Park and there are some benches near there. We sat down for a bit and just enjoyed the peace and quiet. There was a couple on a bench opposite feeding the local squirrel population with pistachios and it was quite amusing to watch the squirrels.

After a while, we decided to go exploring. The island is not particular big and even with frequent stops, it took us less than an hour to make our way all the way around. Around the edges of the island were various memorials for people who had lost their lives in all the different that the USA was involved in. The only exception was the Pearl Harbor memorial, which was actually dedicated to the survivors. We saw all kinds of interesting wildlife including some kind of jumping rat.

Once we had completed our lap of the island, we headed back to the car and drove back to the resort. We headed back to the room for a bit. Around 17:00, we headed out again. I had seen in the weekly programme that they would have characters in the lobby that afternoon. So I wanted to go and meet them. Donald and Goofy were out in their Christmas outfits by the Christmas tree. I went to see them. We just caught them at the end of their set and we stayed behind in the lobby to see if different characters would come out for the next set, but Donald and Goofy came back out again.

I was feeling pretty rough at that point. It was too early to take some more DayQuil, but I had some more zinc tablets and then curled up under the quilt and read for a bit. I think I must have fallen asleep at some stage and I felt much better when I woke up. Graham asked if I wanted to head for the Green Cabin Room for a bit and I was up for this. We went downstairs and initially sat down at a table, but after a while we moved over to the bar. We briefly saw Magdalene, who said she would text me the link for the directions for our tour the next day. Graham had some more of the beer that he liked so much the previous day and I had a Coconut Elixir, which consisted of coconut water and pineapple and cranberry juices. There was a game of Majority Rules going on and we were kind of drawn into this. It was a lot of fun. Around 22:00, we headed back to our room and got ready for bed. I took some Nyquil and slept like a baby.

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Sorry you had a cold. Good photo of the woodpecker.

I think the pool at Vero is lovely. I don't like beaches like you I don't care for sand but Jo went in the sea and enjoyed it. She said it was choppy thought too.

Nice to catch Magdalene twice!

Lovely choice of Cracker Barrel. Love that place. I load up on that orange cream soda too. Aren't they lovelt bottles.

Glad you got some meds easy to do forget water! Riverside park sounds nice. Jumping rat? Oh my!

Lovely photo of you and Doanald and goofy. Glad the nyquil gave you a peaceful night.

Somehow you are so quick with your updates and I am already far behind again!!

It is interesting to read about your air boat ride. Michael lives fairly close to places where you can do those and so far I always declined when he said that this would be something we could do. But maybe it would be worth it. I could always bring my own ear plugs that I know work quite well. How many people were on the boat with you?

How nice that you were able to hit two of your favorite American chains with Cheesecake Factory and Cracker Barrell. The whole Thanksgiving dinner yes or no deal at Vero was really crazy! Michael and I actually talked to the Vero Beach General Manager at the DVC Annual Meet at WDW after our cruise and he said that he was so angry about how this whole restaurant refurb went as they constantly kept moving deadlines and such and he never knew when the kitchen capacity would be affected and in what way. But it worked out really well for you in the end!

It was really great to meet up with you and Graham again! That first evening at the bar Graham suggested to me to try the Jai Alai beer and this is now one of my overall favorites! And I nearly forgot that we ran into each other at the beach in the morning. I think I just came from my run and was strongly considering jumping into the water in my running clothes because the sea looked so refreshing! I had no idea you don't like sand because you so often go snorkeling, so you obviously love the sea. But not the bach it seems?

I loved reading about the park with the wildlife! Michael and I will be back in Vero in October because we really fell in love with the hotel and the whole atmosphere in that area. Michael says it reminds him so much of the Florida of his childhood. So, visiting that park will go on the list of things to do (when I can get Michael away from the lovely pool there).

There will be more catching coming up!!

Love the Space Center pics; some reminded me of our trip there in '04. Seems like they have added a lot. I should go back!

I can't stand the push for ratings either. I remember on my first Disney cruise my son came back from the kids club and told me that the girl said to tell your mom to give the top rating or she would have to go work with the babies!

Glad you enjoyed the airboat ride and got to see so many gators!

Vero Beach looks very nice. Sorry to hear that you got sick; hoping it cleared up soon.

The day at Kennedy Space Center sounded very nice and educational. When we went there the Space Shuttle program was still running. It was near the tail end, but it was almost 10 years ago.

It sounds like they have added quite a few new exhibits since we were there. The first building you visited was the bulk of our tour after we visited a laugh facility for the Space Shuttle. The launch simulator was brand new and I remember waiting a good amount of tI'm for it as well.

My recollection was that it was rather mild, and that Mission Space Orange was more intense than that ride.

It's always sad that the ship portions comes to an end. But it is exciting that you still have eight more days at WDW!

Disembarkation day sounded quite smooth. You know I also can't stand them knocking on the door of check out day.

Your airboat tour sounds like great fun. The pictures of the birds on the reeds are too cool.

Bummer that they had just sold out of the Run Disney shoes a few days previously.

Vero Beach looks beautiful with the Christmas decorations. Great pictures with Donald and Goofy.

I'm sorry you started feeling badly. Glad it wasn't on the cruise but still on vacation is not good.

How fun to spend time to Magdalene and Michael!

Riverside Park looks and sounds lovely.

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.

It was a very enjoyable day.

Sorry you had a cold.

Fortunately it was short and sharp.

Good photo of the woodpecker.

Having the woodpecker right outside our window was such a treat.

I think the pool at Vero is lovely.

I really liked this, too.

I don't like beaches like you I don't care for sand but Jo went in the sea and enjoyed it.

I love swimming in the sea and snorkeling, but I wish I did not have to put up with the sand.

We saw quite a bit of each other.

Lovely choice of Cracker Barrel. Love that place.

I really like it, too.

Jumping rat? Oh my!

It did not jump and was rather cute, but that was apperantly what it was

Lovely photo of you and Doanald and goofy.

Thanks.

Glad the nyquil gave you a peaceful night.

I think that may well have something to do with the fact that the cold blew over the quickly.

Somehow you are so quick with your updates and I am already far behind again!!

I actually feel like I am going at snail-pace at the moment. I missed quite a few update days.

It is interesting to read about your air boat ride. Michael lives fairly close to places where you can do those and so far I always declined when he said that this would be something we could do. But maybe it would be worth it.

I really enjoyed it and would not hesitate to do it again.

How many people were on the boat with you?

I think all together, we were maybe 16 or so.

How nice that you were able to hit two of your favorite American chains with Cheesecake Factory and Cracker Barrell.

I managed to hit a few more.

Michael and I actually talked to the Vero Beach General Manager at the DVC Annual Meet at WDW after our cruise and he said that he was so angry about how this whole restaurant refurb went as they constantly kept moving deadlines and such and he never knew when the kitchen capacity would be affected and in what way.

I can imagine how frustrating that must have been.

It was really great to meet up with you and Graham again!

I really enjoyed the time we got to spend together.

That first evening at the bar Graham suggested to me to try the Jai Alai beer and this is now one of my overall favorites!

I am glad that you enjoyed it.

I had no idea you don't like sand because you so often go snorkeling, so you obviously love the sea. But not the bach it seems?

No, for me the beach is a necessary evil. I have always had issues with certain textures against my skin. Sand is one of them. As a child, I would not go near donuts as the granulated sugar is another thing I have issues with. I was in heaven when I had my first glazed donut. I do love the sea and I am a real water baby so I have to put up with the sand.

Michael and I will be back in Vero in October because we really fell in love with the hotel and the whole atmosphere in that area.

We have fallen in love with the hotel and the area as well.

So, visiting that park will go on the list of things to do (when I can get Michael away from the lovely pool there).

It is a nice way to spend a couple of hours.

Love the Space Center pics; some reminded me of our trip there in '04. Seems like they have added a lot.

Yes, they recently spent a lot of money there.

I remember on my first Disney cruise my son came back from the kids club and told me that the girl said to tell your mom to give the top rating or she would have to go work with the babies!

That is disgusting. I think it is highly inappropriate when the "talk" is given to adults, but speaking in this way to a minor should be a sackable offence.

Glad you enjoyed the airboat ride and got to see so many gators!

This was definitely one of the highlights.

Vero Beach looks very nice.

It is a really lovely place.

Sorry to hear that you got sick; hoping it cleared up soon.

It was really strange. It hit me hard, but had blown over in about 24 hours.

It sounds like they have added quite a few new exhibits since we were there. The first building you visited was the bulk of our tour after we visited a laugh facility for the Space Shuttle. The launch simulator was brand new and I remember waiting a good amount of tI'm for it as well.

Yes, the newest part only opened a week or so before we visited.

My recollection was that it was rather mild, and that Mission Space Orange was more intense than that ride.

I was absolutely fine with it. I have only ever done Mission Space Green and I thought the Space Shuttle Launch Experience was tamer than that.

It's always sad that the ship portions comes to an end.

It is, but there were plenty more highlights to come.

But it is exciting that you still have eight more days at WDW!

We split the stay between Vero Beach and WDW.

Disembarkation day sounded quite smooth.

Apart from the initial delay, it was like clockwork.

The pictures of the birds on the reeds are too cool.

I really did not know that they could do this.

Bummer that they had just sold out of the Run Disney shoes a few days previously.

I brought back another pair of Run Disney shoes that I still have not worn so that was probably was a blessing.

Vero Beach looks beautiful with the Christmas decorations. Great pictures with Donald and Goofy.

I really loved the Christmas decorations there.

I'm sorry you started feeling badly. Glad it wasn't on the cruise but still on vacation is not good.

Fortunately it was over as quickly as it came.

How fun to spend time to Magdalene and Michael!

It was indeed.

Riverside Park looks and sounds lovely.

It is a really nice place to just chill.

Corinna

I didn't realize the cruise ended in Miami. How cool you got to ride on an Air boat and see all those critters.

Lucky you, when we went to Sawgrass Mills the most I could convince Fran for was driving through Steak and Shake.

We did luck out at the Disney outlet. We bought so much stuff that we had to get another suitcase!

Glad you arrived safely at VB, even though it was later than you wanted. How nice to meet up with M & M, et al.

I find that "small plates" in America are rarely that unless you are at a bona fide tapas bar.

I didn't realize the cruise ended in Miami.

Yes, we started in Southampton and finished in Miami.

How cool you got to ride on an Air boat and see all those critters.

I really enjoyed it.

We did luck out at the Disney outlet. We bought so much stuff that we had to get another suitcase!

I did not do too well this time round and we ended up visiting three.

I find that "small plates" in America are rarely that unless you are at a bona fide tapas bar.

My only other experiences of small plates in America are Trader Sam's on both coasts, Aulani and Cafe Tu Tu Tango and at all of those locations the small plates are just that.

Corinna

Day 17

We were up quite early again and drove into town to have breakfast at IHOP. We were not the only people that had that idea and it was pretty busy. We waited around 20 minutes for a table. That was no problem. It was still early and our plans were not until later in the day. Breakfast was nice. We both had coffee and orange juice. Graham had T-bone steak with fried eggs and wheat toast. I had Sirloin tips with mushrooms and onions, fried eggs and hash browns and substituted the buttermilk pancakes that were supposed to come with this with Red Velvet pancakes with whipped cream and cream cheese topping. This was absolutely delicious and I was both surprised and delighted that my sense of taste had come back. After breakfast, we briefly headed back to the hotel. I took some DayQuil and we picked up Graham’s telescope and our cameras. Then we headed out again.

Graham wanted to check out Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge, which was quite close to the hotel. I was up for this. I was hoping to see some brown pelicans, which are supposed to be plentiful in the area in November, but we never saw any. We did see plenty of other birds like herons, ibis and egrets though. We walked along the boardwalk out to the observation tower by the lagoon and that was a rather pleasant walk. After spending a little time there, we headed back to the car and drove back to the hotel. I dropped off on the short journey back and missed seeing an armadillo that was right by the road. Unfortunately this was not the first time this had happened. I am starting to wonder if I am ever destined to see an armadillo in the wild.

The main reason for returning to the hotel was that we needed some cash for the tour and we knew that there was an ATM there. We also made use of the bathroom while we were there. We were just about to head out again, when we bumped into Magdalene. She was waiting for the rest of the family. She checked that we knew where we were going and then we headed out. It turned out that the boat dock is very close to Riverside Park. We followed the directions from the link that Magdalene had sent me, which was just as well as we would never have found this otherwise. There were maybe a dozen car parking spaces, a fishing shop and a restaurant. The actual boat dock is actually next to the patio of the restaurant.

We had not been there very long when Magdalene, Michael and Michael's mother arrived. Michael's brother was going to sit this out. We chatted for a bit and then Graham and I spotted some white pelicans and decided to have a closer look. At the end of the dock, a fisherman was cleaning his catch and this had attracted the pelicans. There was a good reason for this, too as he was feeding the scraps to them. It was fascinating to watch. After a while, we headed back to the group and more people had arrived. The captain and his first mate arrived shortly afterwards and we were allowed to get on the boat. We were given a lei as we got on. We had a bit of a wait as we were missing a large family, which was running late. When they arrived, we were given safety instructions and then we were on our way.

The captain and first mate were a husband and wife team and the wife did most of the talking. We initially headed past a number of islands and saw plenty of birds. We then headed to a marina where manatees sometimes hang out, but we were out of luck. We sailed past some really nice mansions. Shortly afterwards, we saw a dolphin mum and her calf. Then it was time to head back to the boat dock. I really enjoyed the boat trip. The commentary was entertaining and even though we did not see manatees, we saw plenty of other wildlife. We also ended up with a recommendation for a spot where we would be almost guaranteed to see manatees: Round Island Park. Graham and I decided to check it out. We said goodbye to the crew and headed back to the car.

Yes, that is indeed a heron perching in that tree.

Round Island Park was only a short drive away. There are two sides to this and we initially went to the wrong side, which is facing the Atlantic. We had a quick look around and then got in the car again and drove over to the other side. We walked onto a bridge and as soon as we got there, we saw manatees in the distance. There were three distinct groups and one after the other, the groups made their way towards the bridge. They are quite clever. Once they got near the bridge, they moved into the shadows so that you could not get any photos. We still got a good look at them though. This was a real treat. We spent a good 90 minutes there enjoying watching the manatees before heading back to the car.

We then headed for an early dinner. I had found during my research into possible dinner options for Thanksgiving that there is an Olive Garden in Vero Beach. So this is where we headed. We were seated straightaway. Graham had ice tea. He had some of the bread sticks that come with the meal and then had stuffed mushrooms with clams and 5-cheese blend as his starter. I had Coke and the Pasta e Fagiole soup as my starter. I resisted having a second bowl. For his main course, Graham had Gorgonzola Alfredo Steak and I had sausage stuffed giant rigatoni. Even though I had resisted the temptation of a second bowl of soup, I did not manage to finish this. We both enjoyed our meal. Paying for the meal was a novel experience. There was a tablet at each table that had games, but you could also use this to order and pay. This worked really well.

Graham wanted to try a different route back to the hotel and at some stage we must have missed a turn. So our trip back took a little longer than anticipated and we approached the hotel from the opposite direction. Still, it was still early and we made it back. So it was all good. We headed to our room for a bit of downtime. At some stage, I went down to the shop. I always get one pin for every Disney resort we stay at. This year the resort pins were very plain, but they also had a holiday pin that was resort specific and I ended up getting both. I also found the Photo Booth for the 25th anniversary and took a photo. However, this is in a lounge area and somebody ended up in my photo. When I got back to the room, I read for a while.

We headed to the Green Cabin Room just before the trivia was due to start. Initially we ended up on the same table we had been sitting at the first evening, but when a larger table became available, we moved. We definitely needed this as the evening went on. The trivia was good fun. Apart from one round, which was completely Disney, the questions were a mix of Disney and other questions. Magdalene arrived shortly after the first round started and by end of the second round, everybody had arrived. This was a lot of fun. We won the first round. Our prize was a Frisbee, which Magdalene took home for somebody. We played a total of 4 rounds. We came second in the second round, but won the third and fourth round. Each team was only allowed to win one prize so we had to nominate another team to get the Frisbee.

In between the rounds and after the trivia, we discussed a wide range of topics. It was really refreshing that although we most certainly did not agree on everything, we were able to appreciate each other’s opinions and I came away from the evening feeling thoroughly enriched. It was not all heavy stuff though. There were quite a few laughs, too. A few drinks were also involved. Graham stuck to beer. I started with a couple of Margaritas and finished the evening with a Magic Star cocktail. So now I finally have my own glow cube. We were the last people in the Green Cabin Room. Unfortunately all too soon came the time to say goodnight and goodbye as all of us were moving on to the next part of our respective trips the next morning. I sincerely hope that it was not really “goodbye”, but “Till We Meet Again”.

When got back to the room, I was definitely ready for bed. I had planned to finish packing that evening, but this did not happen. I got ready for bed, set the alarm for the next morning and then I was on my way to dreamland.

Another great installment , but I am still getting accustomed to the Wednesday update. So glad you were finally able to see Manatees....they are such graceful lumbering giants.

Yummy IHOP! Great start to the day.

Shame no brown Pelicans but plenty of great other wildlife photos. You were not denied! I would love to see an Amadillo also. I have only so far seen roadkill.

How nice Magdalene once more!

How cute a dolphin and her calf. Plus plenty of Peligans. Good tip on where to see Manatees. They are delightful.

Yeah Olive Garden.

Well done with Trivia evening and nice to give Frisbee to Magdalene and other one away. Sounds like you put the world to rights!

How great that you were able to see the manatees! Your pics of them are nice.

What a wonderful evening for the trivia and time to spend with friends! Fancy drinks are fun, too.

What a lovely day. Starting off with a yummy breakfast and ending with a yummy dinner and lots of fun inbetween.

Gorgeous wildlife pictures. That tour looked quite nice, and even nicer to enjoy with friends.

I hope there's another armadillo sighting. They are very cute animals. Glad you saw the manatees, they are so beautiful.

but I am still getting accustomed to the Wednesday update.

I am sorry if I have thrown people a curveball. Thursday just no longer works for me as I have commitments after work every other week.

So glad you were finally able to see Manatees....they are such graceful lumbering giants.

I ws so glad that we found some.

Shame no brown Pelicans but plenty of great other wildlife photos.

Well, there always has to be an excuse to go back. The absence of brown pelicans is mine.

How cute a dolphin and her calf.

This was great. We got to watch them from a respectful distance for quite some time.

How great that you were able to see the manatees!

I was so happy that we got that chance.

What a wonderful evening for the trivia and time to spend with friends! Fancy drinks are fun, too.

It was a perfect evening.

What a lovely day. Starting off with a yummy breakfast and ending with a yummy dinner and lots of fun inbetween.

I really enjoyed that day.

That tour looked quite nice, and even nicer to enjoy with friends.

It was good fun.

I hope there's another armadillo sighting.

I hope so, too.

Corinna

I just got through Day 16. I'm almost caught up!

So sad that you were starting to feel a cold coming on. Nice that you spent the morning relaxing at the pool. I don't like sand on my feet either. My ideal "beach day" is sitting at the bar looking out over the ocean with a drink in hand.

I've never been to a Cracker Barrel before. I've heard they're a pretty good chain, but they don't have them out here. It's just as well because it seems to me that they are on a "list" that we're not allowed to discuss on the DIS.

The park sounded like a nice afternoon diversion. And good that you felt better after a nap. I saw in the comments that the sickness only lasted 24 hours so that good it went away quick.

I just got through Day 16. I'm almost caught up!

Well done. All going well, there will be day 18 coming up later.

So sad that you were starting to feel a cold coming on.

I could have done without this, but it all worked out.

My ideal "beach day" is sitting at the bar looking out over the ocean with a drink in hand.

I would not mind such a beach day at all.

I've never been to a Cracker Barrel before. I've heard they're a pretty good chain, but they don't have them out here.

I was really surprised that they don't have them in California.

It's just as well because it seems to me that they are on a "list" that we're not allowed to discuss on the DIS.

I think I may need to consult with Google.

The park sounded like a nice afternoon diversion.

It was a lovely way to spend a couple of hours.

And good that you felt better after a nap. I saw in the comments that the sickness only lasted 24 hours so that good it went away quick.

Yes, this fortunately blew over as quickly as it arrived.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter