A Last Hurrah Trip! We just didn't know it at the time. (A Pre-COVID Trip Report)

hi! I don't post often but I love reading your trip reports and following our adventures. I just have to say that video in the Rapunzel bathroom area is priceless! What a great souvenir!

I somehow fell massively behind so please excuse me while we do some more time traveling

We headed into the Christmas shop back there as well. And Gwen discovered what she claims is the most amazing thing...
Casey would so love that Stitch. Did you know that this store is actually closed? We walked back there in June to look for a Christmas ornament and it and the muppet store appeared to be dunzo

I went to buy a drink and turned back around and saw Ray hiding right next to Morgan and Gwen.

I had to look at this like 10 times to find her. It's like a Where's Waldo :rotfl:

IMG_1196
My weird Disney loving children actually got a HUGE kick out of getting free snacks in line. This was taken around 4:40.
I would have been with your children on this one. That is certainly a long wait but glad to see you got on. We had a similar experience our first time riding but sadly no Chewie or snacks

What saved the night for me and Andy?

Moonshine for the Win!

After we ate our food, I headed toward the Cookie Dough Truck for the girls, as I bribed them to Disney Springs with that for dessert.
How in the world did I never hear that there was a cookie dough truck????? I make cookies just to eat the dough. I would so have been all over this

While we were waiting to get into the room, and Gwen found a little group of girls to give stickers too!
Gwen
What a sweet idea. I'm sure those girls loved it

Lunch!
Look at the glorious spread!!! YUM!!!
That does look absolutely glorious. I could eat all of that right about now

Swiss Family Tree House - Steering Wheel
Gwen always asked how they got the steering wheel off of the boat. Literally EVERY time.
:rotfl: I never even thought about that but guess who just fired up Swiss Family Robinson on DisneyPlus to see if they address it

Morgan's Dinner
Morgan went with the pulled pork sandwich again. And she picked the sweet potato tots. Her and Andy really liked those!
This is exactly what I would order. Those tots look divine

We are trying to stretch out the last weekend or two of our pool. Since it's our first summer with it, we aren't sure how long we can keep the water warm. Andy is SUPER sad about having to close it up for the summer. He REALLY has enjoyed having the pool! I mean we all have, but Andy def loves it the most.
Hope you all can enjoy it for a few more weeks. Looks like the week is gonna be hot here so I assume you're seeing the same.

Day Six Tinkerbell Gift
Snack Shirts!!!! These were some of my favorites. And I am pretty sure I got mine and Morgan's on sale after Christmas...
Love these shirts. Casey has the same one as Gwen! Shocking I know

We mnaged to pack everything up and drop off our bags fairly quickly. (pretty sure I had MOST things packed up last night, powered by my moonshine and hummingbird cake!
All I can think about is you running around packing like a humingbird who drank a little too much

Anyway, Andy went and got a nitro coffee from Jofferys while he waited for us. Looks like we made it back to Space around 9:20... (apparently 2 hours to get dressed, pack up all our stuff, drop off at the front of the park, catch a bus to MK can all be done that fast.... BUT we somehow need 15 minutes to walk from Main Street to Tomorrowland :confused3)
Pretty sure you need 15 minutes just to walk on Space mountain

While they were dancing around, Andy just happened to take a photo of them here. And then the next trip, it was actually Morgan's idea to recreate the picture. And a tradition was born!
Absolutely love this tradition that you all have. How special that you can look back and see how much they have grown.

This will alwasy be a family favorite! Gwen called it "The Dolly Ride". If you enjoyed watching Morgan and Gwen in tehre little selfes, here is the video of Gwen on our second trip and singing with MUCH gusto on the ride.
That is a lot of gusto right there. Love it!

(apparently 2 hours to get dressed, pack up all our stuff, drop off at the front of the park, catch a bus to MK can all be done that fast.... BUT we somehow need 15 minutes to walk from Main Street to Tomorrowland :confused3)
:rotfl:

I mean look at them over the years!!!!
Soooo cute!!! I absolutely love this tradition of yours!

I really enjoy reading your pre-Covid TR, so I am so happy to see you keep it going. It's fun to remember when times were "normal" and simple. :goodvibes

It just makes you realize how much they have grown… it’s nice to have that frame of reference!
Plus, they are lucky to have been so many times already!
It really is cool to see how they have grown. And YES they are SUPER lucky at how many times they have been! I do think they know how lucky they are. They have some friends who have never been. And this duration of Covid, I think has also reminded them how lucky they are.

PS I still love reading pre-Covid trip reports, so I am happy to keep following if you are still willing to write it!
Thanks! I wasn't getting a lot of comments, which is fine, but you start to wonder if anyone is reading! And I know alot of folks like to ready trips to see what there trip will be like.

Andi and I had a boat all to ourselves this last trip and because it was so low crowds the boats was moving nice and slow. I actually quite enjoyed it!
How nice! It's a small world has a bad rep. It's great!

Love the pics of the girls growing up at the Rapunzel bathroom! The years surely go fast with our kiddos
Thanks! It does go by fast! (and slow all at the same time)

hi! I don't post often but I love reading your trip reports and following our adventures. I just have to say that video in the Rapunzel bathroom area is priceless! What a great souvenir!
Thanks for posting!!! I am glad you enjoy the trip reports. I start to question if anyone is still reading some times. The rapunzel bathroom was a moment that you can't plan for, which I think makes it even more special.

I somehow fell massively behind so please excuse me while we do some more time traveling
It happens....

Casey would so love that Stitch. Did you know that this store is actually closed? We walked back there in June to look for a Christmas ornament and it and the muppet store appeared to be dunzo
Bummer! The Christmas store is kind of small, maybe that is why.

We had a similar experience our first time riding but sadly no Chewie or snacks
boo. I am guessing over time they have gotten less and less intrested in keeping people happy in line. But they might need to bring that back with paid fastpass!

How in the world did I never hear that there was a cookie dough truck????? I make cookies just to eat the dough. I would so have been all over this
They have a number of food trucks on the far end. And they do rotate. So, I am not sure it is still there. Morgan did say that the cookie dough "tasted funny" But she did still like it...

I never even thought about that but guess who just fired up Swiss Family Robinson on DisneyPlus to see if they address it
Ha! The steering wheel and the organ... Come one, you are telling me they got that off the boat and onto the island in working order?!?

Hope you all can enjoy it for a few more weeks. Looks like the week is gonna be hot here so I assume you're seeing the same.
Yup! We are getting hot weather as well. Andy is very happy about that.

All I can think about is you running around packing like a humingbird who drank a little too much
Ha!! All while being quiet because the girls were going to sleep! Not sure I was successful in that!

I really enjoy reading your pre-Covid TR, so I am so happy to see you keep it going. It's fun to remember when times were "normal" and simple. :goodvibes
Thanks! Sometimes it makes sad, who knows if we will ever be back to this "normal"

Day Six: More rides in MK

After our lunch, we headed out to ride some more rides.

Up first was Jungle Cruise! Our fast pass window had opened up, so we took advantage of that.

But when we got there this was the line!
IMG_1394

I think we waited a little bit but not too much. Jungle Cruise gives out WAY too many fastpasses, in my opinion. We always have to wait a bit for this ride. Hopefully they adjust that with this whole lightening lane thing...

IMG_1394

IMG_1394

IMG_1394
And the BACKSIDE of WATER!!!! Man I miss the backside of water....

And just because he is now gone...
IMG_1394
Trader Sam...

I am intrested to ride the new "version"

After our ride in the Jungle Cruise we headed to ride on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

IMG_1410
I think we got the back row without even asking for it this time! We were able to use our last fast pass on this. Kind of a mute point, but I liked to wait till the end of one fp window so, you can go from one fp to the other.

IMG_1410

Question: Why does Disney not have a photo pass photo spot on this ride?!?! I mean really, Disney? Get on that!

We decided that it had been a whole hour and a half since we had eaten, so it was time for food! Ha!

Morgan wanted a Dole Whip in a tiki cup. Is Disney still doing those? We have 2 and they have held up suprisingly well! We even put them in the dishwasher!

Anyway, Andy went with Morgan to get that, while me and Gwen headed to Storybook treats to get something else....

IMG_1410
Peter Pan Float! Gwen deems this her favorite float! It was good but Citrus Swirl is still my favorite but I did enjoy the lime.

Andy and Morgan met up with us at Storybook Treats, and we grabbed a place to sit and eat our snacks. I think we had to hoover a bit and wait for something to open up.

Gwen and I really enjoyed the Peter Pan flight and or course Morgan enjoyed her dole whip.

After our treat break, we headed to Ariel's Grotto to hang with Ursala.
LM - Back Side of Water
Gwen saw this in the que and said it's the back side of water part 2!

LM - Scuttle

LM
Little Mermaid has lost a little of it's luster with us, but it will probably always be a favorite as well, as it was one of the girls favorites the first couple trips.

After Little Mermaid, we were deciding what to do. It was about 1:30 - 1:45. And getting tired but I hadn't gotten a room ready notice yet. We decided to try and stick it out a little longer and see if we got the text. It was busy, so we headed to Tomorrowland to do a few less popular things.

First up?!

Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor
IMG_1438

IMG_1438

IMG_1450
We don't do this every trip, but it had been awhile, so it was fun. We got a kick out of it, and it was a great option with the crowds.

Next up was the People Mover! This was my request! The girls do like this but they were getting tired!

IMG_1454
Not sure why Gwen made this face but... she did... Also, I like how Morgan has decided to be part of a different family...

IMG_1454
these are the faces of my children barely humoring me to pretend that the begining og the ride is a thrill ride....

IMG_1454
Look Mom, A giant pile of Dirt!

IMG_1454
I love this lady! That would be my nightmare to get my hair done this way.

IMG_1454
Peaking at people's scores!

I wish they had a window to see Caroseul of Progress! That would be amazing! Also, I have been seeing that the people mover has been breaking down alot. I really hope it is still open when we go. I need at least one more ride on this.

After our ride on the people mover, we went and rode Speedway. I "think" I might have gotten a 4th fast pass for this.

IMG_1463
So excitied to ride.

IMG_1463
Gwen and I rode together. And Gwen made me film her being my tour guide...

She was very proud of her tour guide "skills"

At this point, we were beat! So, we decided to start working out way out of MK and take the monorail over to EPCOT to grab some dinner and then head to the hotel.

IMG_1486

IMG_1486
We stopped out front and got a family picture and got on the monorail.

Up next a short trip to EPCOT!

Day Six: Dinner

I am going to finish off this day, because, I just don't have much for the rest of this day.

So, we didn't have dinner reservations. I was hoping we could try and go to Tutto Gusto for dinner. But we were tired. Particularly Morgan. She was getting SUPER crabby. I checked to see what dinning options there was. And there was an option for Tokyo Dining. I was worried we would walk ALLL the way to Italy and Tutto would be full and Morgan was goign to melt down. So, we went with a 4:50 reservation at Tokyo Dining.

This wasn't the best idea... We were NOT impressed with this dining expierence. And sadly especially Morgan. But I am getting ahead of myself.

We started with some drinks. I ordered the Iced Blood Orange Tea.

Iced Blood Orange
gin with a hint of blood orange and sparkling water

I a) have no photographic evidence of the drink and b) have ZERO memory of this of what it tasted like... It sounds good...

Morgan and Gwen ordered lemonades. And Andy went with a shady. And I love that here in Japan, they give you a fresh orange or grapefruit to squeeze yourself. It really is refreshing! And Gwen loves squeezing the fruit. Bonus!

Andy and I decided to share a few sushi rolls. And apparently they are not offered now, so, you will have to suffer through my descriptions instead!

IMG_1486
First was the Wasabi Shrimp. This was good. It was chilled Shirmp with a some sort of sauce.... Excellent reporting... I do remember it not being my least favorite of the three.

IMG_1486
Then we also ordered the Tuna Yuzu Roll and the Sunshine Roll.
I believe the Sunshine roll was basically a california roll with tuna on top with what looks like spicy sauce. So.... I am not sure what makes them sunshine... but it was good.

And the Tuna Yuzu was a peppered tuna with a yuzu sauce. This was my favorite of the 3. But they were all pedestrian. They weren't bad just not amazing. If that makes sense.

Poor Morgan, she loves udon noodles. The fat kind, so she ordered something called Sara Udon. It came with shrimp and she thought she would like it... Oye! It came out like this:
IMG_1486
The noodles were hard! She was soooo disapointed. I felt so bad for her. She was looking forward to her noodles and just didn't get them. She ate the shrimp and some of the noodles but she was def NOT satisfied. ;( I think she ate a piece of our sushi maybe, not sure.

Gwen went with the child ramen and liked it. I have no picture of it.

Dinner here was just ok. It wasn't terrible but also nothing to dream about. I had def wish we had tried to get into Tutto Gusto but that is easier to say once we weren't exhausted and starving.

We went downstairs to the store to do some shopping before heading to the Yacht Club. Gwen wanted Morgan to get the grumpy cat that went with her cat that she had gotten earlier in the trip.

So, we went on a search for Grumpy Cat. Weeeeeeelllllll, while in search of the cat, Gwen found her new love.....

IMG_1486
We initially said no to the pink llama. It was huge! And Gwen put it down and kept looking around. And she just REALLY wanted that pink llama! We wandered around ALOT and she begged for the plush. And, well, I caved. We let her get it but we said THAT WAS IT!!! No more plush after that. And know that I am thinking about it, she may have seen it last time we were in the store and wanted it then but we said no then.

Any way! That was officially Plush #7!!! SEVEN!!!! And it was a big one! Gwen named it Lulu Llama and loves that damn thing. She sleeps with it every night.

Morgan got the grumpy cat and a nano block set. Morgan did love her grumpy cat. Which by the way, she is pretending to be sad in that pic. She was sad from dinner but not THAT sad!

With our bellies full and plush purchased, we headed out of the park and to the hotel.

We were in our room by 6:30! It was a long day and it was the middle of the trip, so we were ready to relax. AND we were planning on getting a boarding group at Hollywood Studios the next day. So, I knew we would need to be up early. So, we called it a night.

I did make a quick run down to the gift shop for candy to put in the girls gifts for tomorrow morning. Tomorrow was also Valentine's Day and we always get the girls a small gift. And I wanted to put something Disney out for tomorrow. I also grabbed milk for coffee in the morning as well.

I also, unpacked a bit. But took a pic of the tinkerbell shirts at 9:30 PM, which means the girls were already asleep! And Andy and I probably didn't follow shortly after!

Up next, will we get another boarding group!?!

Day Seven: Can we get a Boarding Group Again?!?!

Here was our "plan" for the day. Well, it WAS our plan. Our plan was to swim and relax in the morning, but we decided to head to Holllywood Studios again and try and get another boarding group!
IMG_1502 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Today was Valentine's Day! So, of course Tinkerbell left shirts for the day.
IMG_1502

IMG_1505
Gwen was up at 6:30 and checking out the shirts.

We usually get the ladies a small gift for Valentine's Day, so I had packed gifts for them!
IMG_1507
I ordered Baby yoda plush from someone off of Etsy. Back then it was still hard-ish to get plush versions. So, Gwen was clearly excitied!

I also put in the Valentine’s Day Heart rice krispe treats that I had grabbed last night. And candya bag of candy for each of them.
IMG_1512
As you can tell, Baby Yoda was a big hit. And that officially puts Gwen at Plush #8!!!! But that one isn't her fault...

We got dressed quickly and headed out!
IMG_1513
We managed to leave the room at 6:55!

IMG_1514
And were waiting for the boat at 7:05! The sun was barely up yet! I am pretty sure Morgan declared she would ONLY go to Hollywood Studios this morning if we took the boat.

We were through Security at 7:24
IMG_1515

And already shopping for more plush at 7:33!!!!
IMG_1516
Not really, Gwen just pointed it out and asked why the duck wasn't attached to the bunny, like the movie. She disapproved.

IMG_1518
We decided to hit Toy Storyland once the park opened. So, we walked over that way, and grabbed a seat on the ground. We had about 20 minutes to wait till opening at 8:00. So, the girls ate some breakfast that they had packed in there bags and waited.

We waited as patiently as we could and it was FINALLY time!!!

8:00 on the day, I logged in and got us Group #..........

IMG_1519 ]
Morgan and Gwen were soooooo excitied about this!!!! And it was going to work our great, as we did want to go back and rest a bit today. We were in a mass of people all qued up for Toy Storyland. And the family next to us heard what group we got and were impressed!

We decided to head to Toy Story Mania first.
IMG_1521

IMG_1522
There must have been a bit of a line, as I have photos of us getting in the Que at 8:10 and then 8:20 with the girls in front of Mr. Portatoe Head.

IMG_1524

But we were done by 8:35.
IMG_1527
Sadly, I am not sure who's scores are at this point... Probably me and Morgans.....

We decided to get some proper breakfast at Woody's Lunch box!
IMG_1529

We ordered 2 things to share between the 4 of us.
Breakfast Bowl
Hearty portion of Potato Barrels smothered in Smoked Brisket Country Gravy, Scrambled Eggs and a sprinkling of Green Onions
This is one of my favorite things!!!! Morgan loves this as well. It's nothing special, but the smoked brisket county gravy is sooooooo good and really makes the whole bowl.

We also got the Smore's Sandwich to try. And it was a bit disappointing. It wasn't bad... just not as amazing as I wanted it to be. If that makes sense... Which it isn't listed on the website right now. So, I wonder if they got ride of it.

While we sat and enjoyed our breakfast, our boarding group was called! So after we finished eating, we headed over to ride!

So, I have us walking into the que at 9:18 and we got off at 10:00. The ride did not break down or anything. So, it was a full 45 minutes from getting called and going through the whole expierence!
IMG_1531

IMG_7255
Andy pretending to help the first order.

IMG_7257
Baby Yoda also helping out.

IMG_7264
We made it to this room around 9:35.

IMG_1541
We were quickly transported outside and ushered into our transport.

IMG_7266
I love this anomatronic! I think he might be my favorite.

IMG_1544]

IMG_1548

And 5 minutes later we were in the best room on the ride.
IMG_1548

IMG_1553

IMG_1554
We were a happy family this AM!

IMG_1558
Once we were in the area where they start to divide you up. One of the CM said to not touch anything. Which of course, spurred Gwen to touch SOMETHING...

IMG_1560

IMG_1563
But thankfully, the CM focused on the boy in front of us instead.

IMG_1564
Morgan got a kick out of someone else getting picked on. Pretty sure she was glad it just wasn't her.!

IMG_7281
I can't help but take a ton of pictures on this ride!

IMG_7287
This picture makes me excitied for the Space 220 Restaurant... Although, I am not so sure about the menu that was released.... I am going to wait and see some real reviews and then decide.

IMG_7290
We survived!!!! We got away. Woo hoo.

Rise was great as always!!!

We accomplished our goal for the morning, so we headed out of the park
IMG_1574
And we had some PERFECT timing!!! It started to pour as we got to the ferry stop! And a boat had just pulled up! So, we hopped on the boat and headed back to the room to relax!

Up next... some EPCOT fun!

But first we decided to hop on Alien Swirling Sauciers.

I see what you did there. Still haven't tried this ride.

Slinky was great as always! So fun!

Yes it is but it's short too.

I text @Stasieki to see where they were. And we were able to sync up!

IMG_1149

Great Dismet.

We headedt o Muppet 3D Vision. We hadn't done this in many trips and we have done it the last couple times, and now Gwen says it's one of her favorites now.

We had not done it for years too. Did it earlier this month but I fell asleep so I need a do over.

I started to not feel well about here. I think the heat was getting to me or something. Not sure.

I hope this didn't last.

We headed into the Christmas shop back there as well. And Gwen discovered what she claims is the most amazing thing...

Love this little shop. I'm sad that it is still not open. I bought JP's 1st Christmas Ornament here.

I went to buy a drink and turned back around and saw Ray hiding right next to Morgan and Gwen.

I miss these interactions.

And well... it broken down again!!! We were moving along fairly well, slow but moving and then we just stopped. Eventually a CM came down the line with a basket handing out snacks!

Sorry it broke down and again but how cool to get treats in line. This has never happened for us.

And mine & Morgan's. And Morgan was the winner this round!!!! She was super proud.

Great job Morgan! Danielle and Dennis like to duel. Right now Danielle is the reigning champion of her friends there.

But we were keeping hangry and just flat out tired. It was a long day!

Hangry is never good. This happens to us in DS since we have trouble agreeing where to eat.

I was trying to soak in the last of the time we had here. Tomorrow we were switching resorts!

Such a lovely Resort.

Andy offered to wait in security and let us all go through the no bag line and head straight to Space Mountain. So, he took all of our bags and waited.

What a gentleman!

Peter Pan was great as always. I think I gave up for the most part on trying to get good photos on the ride. It is too dark and goes too fast.

I love PP but it is hard to get good pictures.

These little ladies were SUPER excitied to get stickers. It was pretty cute.

Looking a Gwen making the Magic!

We met up at a table in the Sleepy Hallow seating area.

Love this area. It's a little off the path and the crowds.

Nice spread!

The view up here is worth the trek!

Yes it is!

After our trek up and down, we decided we needed dessert! And where better to get that than Aloha Isle!

Perfect choice.

We got back to the hotel and headed to the pool.

Danielle loved this pool and slide when we stayed here in 2010.

Yum!

I like the look of this too!

It was basically the evening we wanted a couple nights ago!

So glad you finally got it.

I also bought BB8 Rice Krispee Treat and 2 Valentine’s Day Heart Rice Krispee Treats. Knowing this was our last trip for awhile, I wanted to stock up. If only I knew how long it was going to be, I might have bought more! Ha!

Foreshadowing. If only we all knew.

I am going to forge on with this trip report. I fear that most folks are less intrested since it is so old but I feel weird just stopping. So, I am going to just plug along. So, if you are still following along, I appriciate it!

I'm really enjoying it and glad you're still reporting. You're doing a much better job than I am.

Snack Shirts!!!! These were some of my favorites. And I am pretty sure I got mine and Morgan's on sale after Christmas...

Love the snack shirts!

Alice was great and Gwen LOVED meeting her! I sadly now don't remember what we talked to her about but I do remember Gwen LOVED the whole interaction.

Cute picture!

Danielle and I LOVE cattails.

While they were dancing around, Andy just happened to take a photo of them here. And then the next trip, it was actually Morgan's idea to recreate the picture. And a tradition was born!

Loved the video. Great memory. You'll have to show it at their weddings. I've enjoyed the progression of photos over the years too.

If you enjoyed watching Morgan and Gwen in tehre little selfes, here is the video of Gwen on our second trip and singing with MUCH gusto on the ride.

So cute!!

But today we decided to go to Columbia Harbor House.

I think this is my favorite CS in MK.

And just because he is now gone...

Save this, it's a relic of the past.

Question: Why does Disney not have a photo pass photo spot on this ride?!?! I mean really, Disney? Get on that!

Totally agree with you.

Peter Pan Float! Gwen deems this her favorite float! It was good but Citrus Swirl is still my favorite but I did enjoy the lime.

Love this float but have not had it in a very long time.

We don't do this every trip, but it had been awhile, so it was fun. We got a kick out of it, and it was a great option with the crowds.

Love the corny jokes in here.

Next up was the People Mover! This was my request! The girls do like this but they were getting tired!

Another favorite for Danielle and I.

She was very proud of her tour guide "skills"

Making more magic!

Any way! That was officially Plush #7!!! SEVEN!!!! And it was a big one! Gwen named it Lulu Llama and loves that damn thing. She sleeps with it every night.

OMG!!!

Morgan got the grumpy cat and a nano block set. Morgan did love her grumpy cat. Which by the way, she is pretending to be sad in that pic. She was sad from dinner but not THAT sad!

Morgan does sad very welll.

Impressive!

Once we were in the area where they start to divide you up. One of the CM said to not touch anything. Which of course, spurred Gwen to touch SOMETHING...

Every kid, everywhere.

And we had some PERFECT timing!!! It started to pour as we got to the ferry stop! And a boat had just pulled up! So, we hopped on the boat and headed back to the room to relax!

Yes that really was perfect timing.

I've been happily traveling across the US and moving from OR to KY so obviously have been "away" from the Boards for a bit. All caught up again though and still enjoying each of your chapters. Sorry your Japanese meal was bad- that Udon looked terrible and just wrong. Bummer!

Yay for a successful morning at DHS too!

We had not done it for years too. Did it earlier this month but I fell asleep so I need a do over.
That is the risk with sitting down in nice cool theaters!

Sorry it broke down and again but how cool to get treats in line. This has never happened for us.
I think we didn't mind since we weren't also worrying about getting a flight home!

Looking a Gwen making the Magic!
I still have the stickers. I will def bring them next time so she can spread more magic!

I'm really enjoying it and glad you're still reporting. You're doing a much better job than I am.
Thanks!!! I get nervous when no one comments. Silly I know

Morgan does sad very welll.
Sadly it's true. I am a cup is full person and she is a cup is empty gal. And it's hard for me when she gets down or thinks pessamistic.

Every kid, everywhere.
And some adults too!

I've been happily traveling across the US and moving from OR to KY so obviously have been "away" from the Boards for a bit. All caught up again though and still enjoying each of your chapters. Sorry your Japanese meal was bad- that Udon looked terrible and just wrong. Bummer!
Congrats on the move!!! I hope you are getting settled! Such an exciting time!

Day Seven: a little wondering...

We left Hollywood Studios around 10:00 and hopped a boat back to the Yacht Club. The original plan was to swim and hang out at the pool. BUT it was raining when we came back, so we just chilled in the room.
IMG_1577
So, lots of this.

A little before noon, I headed down to the pool bar and grabbed us some lunch to eat in the room. It was a bit hairy carrying it all back to the room, But I some how managed!

Morgan and Gwen requested Chicken Nugget meals. So, I ordered those from the "counter service" window right next to the pool bar.

And then I slide over and overed food for me and Andy at the bar.
IMG_1575
Pork Nachos
I love these nachos! They don't look great in this picture, as they were transported and in a brown box... But it hit the spo!

Waffle Fries
IMG_1576
These are pretty tasty and come with some sort of aoli. I would look it up but the disney website is not working right now.

Bourbon Breeze
This is my go to "standard" drink. Also, the drink is what put me over the edge trying to balance everything.

We relaxed in the room till about 1:30, when we finally headed out to EPCOT.
IMG_1578
We arrived at the gateway around 1:40. And headed to our first official fast pass of the day.

IMG_1584
FROZEN!

IMG_1585
We always enjoy riding this. We never got to do the original version. So, we have nothing to compare it against.

After our ride we stopped in Germany to get 2 bags for Carmel Popcorn to bring home. I love the pre-bagged version. It has choclate drizzle and carmel drizzle on them. SOOOO yummy! And so good to eat at home.

The girls requested more painter Churros.
IMG_1587

We snacked as we walked. and passed China where Gwen's plush loving heart was broken.

IMG_1590
We found these! I said to Gwen, you want a Rat plush, and at first she said no. And then she actually looked at them. And fell in LOVE!

We did hold firm though! At this point we were VERY award of the amount of plush she had. And said no. I did feel bad, as they were very unique. But she understood and found a tiny duck pluch key chain instead. (you can see them in the corner of the photo.

She attached it to her Haunted Mansion Longe Fly backpack. And was happy. (you will see it in a few photos later)

By this point in the week, we were getting closer and closer to Presidents weekend and it was getting more and more crowded. And today we were feeling it.

We decided to try and Play the Phineas and Ferb game but but wasn’t really working.
IMG_1591
It wasn't loading well and talking forever. So, we gave up after 2 stops.

IMG_7293
Instead we continues wandering for a bit. We checked out the Mexico Pavilion insdie and then headed out to see some more Festival of the Arts stuff.

I grabbed a Glitter beer from the one stand. (no picture, I really started to slck at this point)

We checked out some sidewalk art
IMG_1601

And did the paint by number mural.
IMG_1606

IMG_1607

IMG_1610
It was a hot mess, and people were all over the place. Like painting directly over Gwen! if that lady had dropped paint on her, I would have been so mad. Also, you can see here little duck plush keychain.

IMG_7303
Actually looking at this photo, it looks like they didn't do a good job spreading out where people painted over the course of the day.

IMG_1611
But we survived the a great paint debacle and found some photo shots.
IMG_7312

IMG_7312

IMG_7316
Morgan wanted nothing to do with this photo op for some reason... but Gwen enjoyed hamming it up.

We headed into ride on everyone's favorite purple Dragon.
IMG_1613
Of course there was no wait, and we were one almost immediatly.

IMG_1613
The girls are prepared now for the stinky skunk smell now.

IMG_1613

After Figment, we headed to use our other fast pass for the day, Spaceship Earth.

IMG_1622

IMG_1635
I always think this one looks like Ron Swanson. Anybody watch Parks and Rec?

I was glad to get another ride on this before it closed... Or so we thought at the time.

It was now time to check in for dinner! So we headed to Canada!

Up next our first time eating in Canada!

Congrats on the move!!! I hope you are getting settled! Such an exciting time!

It really is! If you want to see the photos from the move I have a TR going. :) I'd love to have you follow along!
We decided to try and Play the Phineas and Ferb game but but wasn’t really working.
IMG_1591

It never had.
It was a hot mess, and people were all over the place. Like painting directly over Gwen! if that lady had dropped paint on her, I would have been so mad.
A few things... a very few things, Covid has improved. A bit of spacing is one.

Day Seven: Dinner

We were easting dinner at Le Cellier for dinner!
IMG_1649
This was a first for us. And I was looking forward to this!

We didn't have to wait too long.
IMG_7305
Before long we were being excorted to our table.

We started with some drinks.
IMG_7305
Morgan ordered Alberta Apple Drink
Cranberry Soda, Maple Syrup, and Green Apple Infusion. She really liked this. I didn't taste it but she said it wasn't too tart or too sweet.

IMG_7305
I went with the Ice Wine Flight. If you don't know, Ice Wine is a wine that is made with grapes that have been left on the vine unitl it gets colder out. So, when they squeeze the grapes, the juice is EXTRA sweet. So, the Ice Wines are SUPER sweet! It is popular in Buffalo NY and then Canada (obviosuly)

So, it seemed approriate. It was fun to get, but I probably wouldn't get it again.

Andy got a glass of white wine. And I am not sure what Gwen eneded up with. Milk I think.

IMG_7305
Our server brought out bread with the drinks. I think the girls had bread but I think I skipped the bread as we also ordered a poutine!

IMG_7305
Le Cellier Signature Poutine
Fresh-cut French Fries, Canadian Cheddar, Truffle, Red Wine Reduction

We asked for the Red Wine Reduction on the side, as we weren't sure if the girls would like it. Oh man! This was soooo good! I LOVED it and dream about it.

IMG_1658
Morgan went with the Le Cellier Filet Mignon but the waiter let her switch from the risotto to mashed potatoes. And I think they were regular mashed potatoes. She was VERY happy with this. It doesn't look like much on that huge plate. But it was alot! Especially for her.

IMG_7305
Le Cellier Filet Mignon*
AAA Canadian Tenderloin, Mushroom Risotto, Asparagus-Tomato Relish, Truffle-Butter Sauce
I went with the standard order of Le Cellier Filet Mignon. And this was amazing as well! I love risotto and this was really good. I wouldn't say to strong mushroom-y.

IMG_1659
Ribeye Steak, USDA Prime*
Lemon-scented Fingerling Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Roasted Shallot-Whiskey Butter
Andy went with the Rib Eye Steak. He really liked this as well. But I think he kind of wished he has ordered the filet. But he enjoyed it.

IMG_7305
Gwen went with the kids Grilled Cheese. Nothing special there, but she was happy.

IMG_7305
At some point, Gwen thought it would be a good idea to eat her grilled cheese with a fork.

We decided not to get dessert, we talked about picking up dessert in France on the way out of the park.

Dinner was deliscious! We enjoyed the meal an dwant to go back next time! Which I want to get the charcutrie board with the beef fat candle!

After dinner, I suggested we watch the Canada movie. We had never seen it and it was only about 6:30.

IMG_1663

IMG_7310
The movie was ok. I don't love the circle vision movies. I get disoriented watching them.

After the movie, we started to head towards France and found a photo pass photographer in England.
IMG_7317
I love this photo! It came out well, and it was a nice suprise.

IMG_7320
Gwen wanted one by herself. And that one came out well as well!

We hit the bathrooms in England and Gwen wanted a photo by the fountain outside of the bathrooms.
IMG_1666

We moved on to France. On the way into Les Halles Boulangerie we foudn some more Festival of Arts "art".
IMG_1668
Marie and her brothers!

and Lumiere
IMG_1667

We went in and got
Macaron Lime Raspberry
Macaron with raspberry and lime cream
(One for me and Andy to share and one for Morgan)

A pkg of 8 Macrons for Gwen

And Tarte auc citron, which isn't listed on teh website right now, but it was basically a lemon merange pie... SOOOOO good! I also dream about getting this again.

Sorry no pictures... We took our order to go. and headed back to the resort. We pit stopped at the Port of Entry adn the girls ended up getting another paint can mickeys’. Morgan wanted the blue one and Gwen wanted Green. This is Plush #9

We headed back to the room, pj'd up and enjoyed our desserts in bed!

Up next another day fo fun!

The nighttime PP pix in UK are amazing!! I really want one of those! :)

I have done Le Cellier once and did enjoy it, but with so many other good place to still try I'm not sure when I'll get back. I still need to get to Yachtsman for a good/highly recommended steak.

That is the risk with sitting down in nice cool theaters!

Always!

I still have the stickers. I will def bring them next time so she can spread more magic!

Good! Sounds like she's preparing for the DCP.

Thanks!!! I get nervous when no one comments. Silly I know

I do too.

Sadly it's true. I am a cup is full person and she is a cup is empty gal. And it's hard for me when she gets down or thinks pessamistic.

I'm half full too. I have a sister who is half empty. Danielle told her once she was "a fun sucker" while we were in Disney.:scared1:

Pork Nachos
I love these nachos! They don't look great in this picture, as they were transported and in a brown box... But it hit the spo!

These look good to me. How do they compare to the ones at the Poly? I haven't had them yet but they are on my list for someday.

We always enjoy riding this. We never got to do the original version. So, we have nothing to compare it against.

We find it really cute too, but I still miss the original.

Love the sidewalk art.

It was a hot mess, and people were all over the place. Like painting directly over Gwen! if that lady had dropped paint on her, I would have been so mad. Also, you can see here little duck plush keychain.

Very close quarters and very easy to get painted.

Actually looking at this photo, it looks like they didn't do a good job spreading out where people painted over the course of the day.

Very crowded but at least you can see what it's going to be from a distance.

Great photo.

This was a first for us. And I was looking forward to this!

We've only done this once way back when it was 1 TS meal and you got an app, entre and dessert. I'm glad we were able to enjoy it back then.

Morgan went with the Le Cellier Filet Mignon but the waiter let her switch from the risotto to mashed potatoes. And I think they were regular mashed potatoes. She was VERY happy with this. It doesn't look like much on that huge plate. But it was alot! Especially for her.

This looks really good to me. I like mashed potatoes and not risotto.

Ribeye Steak, USDA Prime*
Lemon-scented Fingerling Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Roasted Shallot-Whiskey Butter
Andy went with the Rib Eye Steak. He really liked this as well. But I think he kind of wished he has ordered the filet. But he enjoyed it.

This looks good too.

After the movie, we started to head towards France and found a photo pass photographer in England.

Love this photo!

We headed back to the room, pj'd up and enjoyed our desserts in bed!

Desserts in bed sounds perfect.

These look good to me. How do they compare to the ones at the Poly? I haven't had them yet but they are on my list for someday.
I do think the Poly ones are better. But these are a solid 2nd.

We've only done this once way back when it was 1 TS meal and you got an app, entre and dessert. I'm glad we were able to enjoy it back then.
I remember the days of getting an app with the dinning plan! It was ALOT of food! But def worth the price.

This looks really good to me. I like mashed potatoes and not risotto.
I love risotto!

And here I thought Casey had the plushie market cornered. 9 is some number. You must have sensed somewhere down deep what the future would hold and how special this trip would be.

Andy is SUPER sad about having to close it up for the summer. He REALLY has enjoyed having the pool! I mean we all have, but Andy def loves it the most.

That sounds awesome! Nathan would be like Andy that way, I think. He'd love to have a pool someday.

I am going to forge on with this trip report. I fear that most folks are less intrested since it is so old but I feel weird just stopping. So, I am going to just plug along. So, if you are still following along, I appriciate it!

Yes, forge on! I've been a poor DISer overall as of late, but I enjoy your reports whenever I get back to them!

Someone tried to get in line after us, and the CM told them the line was closed. This made Gwen practically giddy that we were the last ones!

So exciting that Gwen made it into the line just under the wire! And a cute picture :)

We always find a table upstairs. And I think this is the day I made us sit at a small table right by the window. The food here isn't as good as it used to be but I love the seating area up there. I

We like the upstairs seating, too! It may not be quite as good as it used to be, but still a good staple for quick service :)

Jungle Cruise gives out WAY too many fastpasses, in my opinion. We always have to wait a bit for this ride. Hopefully they adjust that with this whole lightening lane thing...

I've noticed this too! Seems like Jungle Cruise and Soarin' are the rides I've always waited a long time for with FP, but at least with Soarin' I understand the delay a little more because there's a natural delay between shows and only a few theatres, but with Jungle Cruise the boats go continuously.

IMG_1454
I love this lady! That would be my nightmare to get my hair done this way.

Hah! Yeah I'm with you. That would be terrifying.

Great family picture, and I love your shirts this day!

So, we went with a 4:50 reservation at Tokyo Dining.

This wasn't the best idea... We were NOT impressed with this dining expierence. And sadly especially Morgan. But I am getting ahead of myself.

Oh no! Sorry to hear! Nathan's family had a bad experience there, too, but that was mostly because his mom and sister are picky and were anxious about the menu. Sounds like it wasn't great for you guys that night either :(

IMG_1486
The noodles were hard! She was soooo disapointed. I felt so bad for her. She was looking forward to her noodles and just didn't get them. She ate the shrimp and some of the noodles but she was def NOT satisfied. ;(

Ooh that stinks! It looks visually interesting, but not what I'd expect for a noodle dish, and definitely not what Morgan wanted! :(

Gwen had quite a haul at this point! And I get why you didn't want her to get that one since it's so big, but it's adorable! I see why she loves it!

IMG_1519 ]
Morgan and Gwen were soooooo excitied about this!!!!

Ooh awesome! What a score! You must have had fast fingers :)

:rotfl:

IMG_1576
These are pretty tasty and come with some sort of aoli.

Yummmm. I love waffle fries, especially with a good aoli. It's the little things in life :)

I always liked Maelstrom and thought it was kind of a hidden little fun thing in EPCOT, but I also really like the Frozen ride...which is NOT a hidden thing. lol

This is so nice!

Dinner was deliscious! We enjoyed the meal an dwant to go back next time! Which I want to get the charcutrie board with the beef fat candle!

So glad you had a great meal at Le Cellier! Makes me proud of my country! :laughing: We've had some really good meals there, and some just okay ones, but never bad.

IMG_7317
I love this photo! It came out well, and it was a nice suprise.

These pictures were so nice! You've got a beautiful family :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter