• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A hospital now wants new parents….

WDWJDS

DIS Veteran
to identify their newborn’s sexual orientation. My friend’s job requires each patient to complete a form about their own Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, but now it also requires the birth certificate clerk to have new parents complete a form asking for the newborn’s sex assigned at birth (I understand that), gender identity (I can see that for babies that are intersex), and sexual orientation 😳.

New parents are supposed to say whether their one day old baby is straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian or pansexual 🤷🏻‍♀️

How exactly does one do that?

Last edited:
to identify their newborn’s sexual orientation. My friend’s job requires each patient to complete a form about their own Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, but now it also requires the birth certificate clerk to have new parents complete a form asking for the newborn’s sex assigned at birth (I understand that), gender identity (I can see that for babies that are hemaphrodites) and sexual orientation 😳.

New parents are supposed to say whether their one day old baby is straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian or pansexual 🤷🏻‍♀️

How exactly does one do that?
Hmmm...I have questions.
What city, state?
I'm also curious about friend's job title.

I’ve seen the form and it’s the same form that they give adults, they just give it to the parents.

It’s in NJ, and friend is the clerk 😳

Yea, this sounds like another click-bait topic to me. If it's actually crazy enough to be a true request by some hospital/birthing facility, it's unanswerable. Perhaps they need to know the college the newborn is going to attend, also?

Unless they're asking the orientation of the parents? Even that's irrelevant and none of the hospital's business.

Yea, this sounds like another click-bait topic to me. If it's actually crazy enough to be a true request by some hospital/birthing facility, it's unanswerable. Perhaps they need to know the college the newborn is going to attend, also?

Unless they're asking the orientation of the parents? Even that's irrelevant and none of the hospital's business.
I wish it was click-bait. That’s why I’m so shocked! I’ll see if I can get a picture of a blank one, but she did say that it’s the exact one that all of the adult patients fill out upon admission 🤷🏻‍♀️

I wish it was click-bait. That’s why I’m so shocked! I’ll see if I can get a picture of a blank one, but she did say that it’s the exact one that all of the adult patients fill out upon admission 🤷🏻‍♀️
Okay given that then it is just not expected that this section be filled out. They are just using the same form for all admissions. I honestly don't see a big deal about that at all.

Then either it's an error (there should be verbage to skip the adult portions for newborns) or someone is engaging in some pot stirring there.

Soooo they are simply not printing 2 dif forms. A reasonable thing to do, what's the big deal about it? Just don't fill out that part for the baby.

Didn't they start this in 2019 so that the form could be easily amended? It started by having a block for Gender X that could be amended later in life but was left blank at birth? I think this is the same situation. Let's not get all crazy.
I’m flabbergasted about the sexual orientation of the newborn, not the gender 🤔

Soooo they are simply not printing 2 dif forms. A reasonable thing to do, what's the big deal about it? Just don't fill out that part for the baby.
Besides the whole mechanics of the actual form, I’m wondering why the hospital (or state of NJ, or Vital Statistics) decided to even ask about a newborn’s sexual orientation. These forms are fairly new (apparently in the past six months). Why wouldn’t there be a specific one for newborns?

Okay given that then it is just not expected that this section be filled out. They are just using the same form for all admissions. I honestly don't see a big deal about that at all.
When the adult patient is admitted, they are given the form. Once the baby is born, the parents are given the birth certificate paperwork, social security number request form, and this SOGI form specifically for the baby. The information is then entered into the newborn’s electronic chart.

There are several states where parents can put an “X” for gender on the birth certificate now so “they won’t force a specific gender on the baby”. That I know is true, but not sure about the orientation. And if that’s true it’s insane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter