A hidden gem, a cannot miss, and a don't waste your time

Hidden gem: Yak and Yeti
Don't Miss: Whispering Canyon (after 2 trips this is at the top of our list now)
Don't Waste your time (searching for Adr): Ohana, it used to be great...but not any more.

Hidden Gem - Kona Cafe
Can't Miss - Chef Art Smith's Homecoming
Don't waste your time - San Angel Inn

Hidden Gem: Boma - breakfast, loved it and not many people go over there
can't miss - Whispering Canyon café - great atmosphere and loved the food
don't waste= Akershus, breakfast - outside of characters it's not good

Hidden Gem: Boma, Sanaa
Can't Miss: Wolfgang Puck, Tusker House (I generally hate buffets, but this is one my family refuses to miss, so I book it at park opening each trip. The food is always a big hit.)
Don't Waste Your Time: Where do I begin? Casey's Corner, Chef Mickey's, Sci-Fi, BOG, Le Cellier, Liberty Tree Tavern, just about any buffet.......

Hidden Gem: Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch
Must Visit: Raglan Road
Skip: San Angel Inn

Hidden Gem: Shutters at CBR
Must do- Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast!
Don't Waste your time- erm. I've honestly never been to a place at WDW or DLR that I wouldn't go back to. If you count quick service I wasn't wild about the counter service at Coronado Springs, but my husband loved his, so I think I just ordered something I didn't like, and that it wasn't that the food was bad, more just not my thing.

Hidden Gem - QS - La Cantina de San Angel, TS - Whispering Canyon (Don't think too many are hidden!), Snack - Brioche Ice Cream Sandwich @ Artisans de Glace
Must Do - QS - Earl of Sandwich, TS - 50s Prime Time/Liberty Tree Tavern/T-Rex, Snack - Dole Whip (must be swirl) and unfortunately only at Poly now ;(
Don't Waste Your Time - QS - ABC Commisary, TS - Be Our Guest Supper, Snack - Candy Apples.....just too big to eat.

Allergy-friendly as in gluten-free??

My daughter is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts and eggs. I do not know if the chicken we had was gluten free....BUT .... I was recently diagnosed with non-celiac gluten sensitivity and can no longer have gluten. I have read that they can do a gluten free fried chicken. It is possible that our allergy friendly fried chicken was gluten free but because we did not have that as an allergy at the time, I cannot confirm.

Hidden Gem: we had a surprisingly nice meal at Backlot Express in HS. Refillable drinks probably helped our assessment. But they've changed the menu since then, so can't vouch for current food

Must-Do: Boma dinner. Hands down.

Skip it: we've had medicocre meals lots of places and then had a great meal on another occasion at the same place. But a consistent underperformer for us is the Commissary in HS .

Last edited:
My daughter is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts and eggs. I do not know if the chicken we had was gluten free....BUT .... I was recently diagnosed with non-celiac gluten sensitivity and can no longer have gluten. I have read that they can do a gluten free fried chicken. It is possible that our allergy friendly fried chicken was gluten free but because we did not have that as an allergy at the time, I cannot confirm.

Thanks!

Hidden Gem: Captain's Grille breakfast buffet
Must Visit: Sanaa or Yak and Yeti (tied)
Don't waste your time: Tonys' Town Square

Hidden Gem: Sanaa
Must Do: Yachtsman Steakhouse
Don't waste your Time: Be Our Guest Dinner (lunch rocks)

Hidden Gem: Captain Cooks at the Poly. The Aloha pork sandwich is the best QS entree I've had.
Must Do: CRT. There's just something about eating in the castle. The food has been good for us although this last year the portions seemed significantly smaller. And we're firmly in the character meal stage. It's expensive but nicer than the other ones we've done.
Skip: I don't know what to say on this. We've had a really bad meal at CP but also a good one. We've had an awesome meal at Tusker House and an eh one. Chef Mickey's was better than I expected. Coral Reef was not my favorite but we're doing it again because the kids really want to go again. It seems an experience one time doesn't mean you will get a similar experience the next time necessarily.

Hidden Gem: The Plaza

Can't Miss: Tusker House (10:30 am breakfast)

Don't Waste Your Time: Le Celllier

Hidden Gem: The Plaza
Must visit: Ohana for dinner
Don't waste your time: Coral Reef for sure...tried it twice and it was a "nope" both times. Beautiful but probably the most noticeably noisy and very average food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter