A HEARTY BAH HUMBUG to ALL

Hey Mike, hope you don’t mind a spoiler in here….just left the Fort today after a great few days that included some very nice visits with the man himself - Mike! Great to see you and catch up.

Of note, I found the infamous “new” initials in the concrete done by @bama_ed Pretty bold to do it in such a trafficked spot :worship:
96D20C52-78CD-4624-AB69-A9112FAB62D7.jpeg

Hey Mike, hope you don’t mind a spoiler in here….just left the Fort today after a great few days that included some very nice visits with the man himself - Mike! Great to see you and catch up.

Of note, I found the infamous “new” initials in the concrete done by @bama_ed Pretty bold to do it in such a trafficked spot :worship:

Allie,

My wife was dying of embarrassment as I knelt down to do the deed.

But, yeah, I didn't care. You only live once.

Good find!

ED

PS - hey, the letters look pretty good now that it's fully cured.

Was unsuccessful in getting to ride Guardians of the Galaxy today. Took a boat ride over to Magic Kingdom this afternoon to ride the train and take a spin on the Carousel of Progress. Did not notice any changes at the Fort Wilderness dock that would signal the return of the resort boats.

Thanks Boomer,

I think it would have been all over several sites if they were really back. Too bad.

The resort launches and the buffet at TE are the 2 things I'm waiting for to say the Fort is 100% back.

j

Thanks Boomer,

I think it would have been all over several sites if they were really back. Too bad.

The resort launches and the buffet at TE are the 2 things I'm waiting for to say the Fort is 100% back.

j

We also miss the resort boats from Fort Wilderness. It was convenient to take a trip over to the Contemporary for a quick visit.

@Boomer1 we will try and catch up with you, i hope. We are planning to check in Jan 28. Yes i am going to disney for the marathon and then at the end of the month doing a change of venue and working at the fort.

If you like Chinese Mike, there's a really good carry out about a mile or so up Berkley Rd towards Walmart called (don't laugh) Freddie's.
Don saw it on my way to WALMART , PUBLIX and Good Mommy and Daddy Club meetings. Lucille needs a weekly infusion of Tomato Sauce. Soy not so much

giphy.gif

Don, Mike is from the 1st state in the Union, the great state of Delaware. He may not understand why you added "don't laugh". Why, I bet he knows SEVERAL guys named Freddie back home. :rolleyes1

Ed
I can safely say I only know 1 Freddie. To be honest not a fan of the guy. Ed I am originally from The Empire State and only knew 1 Fred there as well and he was a tad too strange for me and most people that knew him
We stayed at the KOA in St. Mary’s on Dec 30th this year on our way down. We found it convenient. I saw the site with the enclosed dog park; it was empty when we were there. The traffic through South Carolina was heavy. Today we checked into Fort Wilderness and are at Site 1733. Will your travels find you here this year Mike?
Boomer found that KOA is a very convenient location for last stop on way down and 1st on way home makes life easier with less travel if traffic is bad around Jacksonville. The free breakfast is okay and the RV lanes across the street at the Pilot is a plus. Will say the near 2x price increase from last year not a fan.

Allie not a problem letting all know we met up. But I will leave it up to you to let everyone know Absolutely Stunning Outfit you were wearing when we met as I walked Katie

Allie not a problem letting all know we met up. But I will leave it up to you to let everyone know Absolutely Stunning Outfit you were wearing when we met as I walked Katie
Ha ha! Well, if you catch a Floridian on a sub 60 degree day....I was FREEZING so walking around wrapped in a puffy blanket with socks and, of course, flip flops was the only way I could survive.

Now that we are on our way home I should have more to time to finish this off.
Day 4 at CM was eventful. During or trip to Tennessee for my Nephew's wedding many of you will recall we had a problem with our fridge. Well I ordered 2 additional Fan Motors to be safe. Happily I had them. The night before we opened freezer and found it was again Icing up and we the fan could be heard . So when I went to my club meeting I picked a Cooler at Wally World and come morning 4 went to work. A heat gun adjusted to tolerable against my hand at 6 inches worked extremely well. 2 hours later the job was done. The repair guy came by and had a new booster switch so at least we have been able to tie into the local cable Systems

Day 5 was check out and head for DISNEY. I had done preregistration and been faxing since 10 days out requests for the sites we prefer to be in. We arrived at just a few minutes after 9 am. my projected arrival. Out of the three sites I requested none were supposedly available. When I asked what site i was assigned I was told that could not be revealed until I got text that it was available. The young lady when I questioned her about the occupancy status and notification to assigned parties and was told that could not be disclosed. Seeing as this line of questioning would go nowhere I went off to Overflow parking to meet up with the other people going to connect with Kenny to pick up golf carts and help. They were a truely nice couple . Not long after we got our notification of our site 1805. Not a bad site but slope off the pad was not conducive for our canopy or outdoor rug and chairs.
Lucille decorated our Dashboard and set up pour deluxe Charlie Brown Christmas tree while I put up our lighted American Flag, Musket Mickey Sign, and Flag Pole with the COLORS.

Did take time to call friends that we have known since of 1st RV trip to the fort and whose absence was glaring. It was a depressing call. We knew they had Moved to Florida and were no longer SnowBirding in DISNEY. The Health concerns for both was new to us and disconcerting. What was not unexpected was their displeasure with current track DISNEY is taking as a company and inside the FORT in particular.
After a dinner from P&J's Lucille and I loaded up the Girls for some early evening looping. BUCEE is making a significant appearance.

Day 2 was something of a mish mash for us. Our AP's needed to get renewed so a trip up to Disney Springs was in order. After taking care of the girls and breakfast we made our way there. From the way things went I got the impression renewals are not something that they are seeing very often. In the end everything got worked out and we went off to D Luxe Burger for a spot of Lunch. We also made a quick trip to World Of Disney. We did see some things we liked and we picked up utes. a few things but some of the major things we liked were not available in our sizes.
When we got back my phone had blown up with a series of phone calls from some friends back home. That also lead to a message indicating we had a reservation for dinner at CORAL REEF with admission to that nights CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL in about 10 min. I still need to adjust my planning to the POST COVID requirements. Pre Covid I would have made up a series of of index cards with our projected/confirmed plans for each day so we caould both check. Now with less time , fewer choices and less availability I figured less formal planning might be better.
Happily I was able snag an ADR with admission to CP for the next night at ROSE AND CROWN PUB. Tonight's dinner would be some simple steaks and fries on the Griddle

Well we won't be making it to Disney. The RV place is still waiting for a part for the propane system (a new sender unit or something). They have the rest of the parts but are waiting until they get the final part to pull it back into the shop and do all the work. While a few things have been done the 3 big ones have not. The slide seal is not replaced, the propane is not working, and the batteries need changed.

They are expecting the part mid Feb and since nothing is done but the hydro hot, we will not be taking it out at the end of Jan.

Well we won't be making it to Disney. The RV place is still waiting for a part for the propane system (a new sender unit or something). They have the rest of the parts but are waiting until they get the final part to pull it back into the shop and do all the work. While a few things have been done the 3 big ones have not. The slide seal is not replaced, the propane is not working, and the batteries need changed.

They are expecting the part mid Feb and since nothing is done but the hydro hot, we will not be taking it out at the end of Jan.
As the thread title says….

Sorry to hear we won’t get to see you this trip Kris. I was looking forward to seeing you again and getting to meet Whiskey!

Lousy! I have scheduled our 5th Wheel to be in the shop as soon as we return from FW in Mid Feb... Of course, mine is only a busted cargo door... Hoping we get it back before May for a trip to Pensacola... but by Sept for our fall FW trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter