A great big thank you

MRS AR

DIS Veteran
Thanks so much for the wish team members who braved the marathon to support all the runners. I was so in need of the encouragement and the mini washcloth was used for the balance of the run. God bless your spirit of support of runners you didn't even know.

Thanks so much for the wish team members who braved the marathon to support all the runners. I was so in need of the encouragement and the mini washcloth was used for the balance of the run. God bless your spirit of support of runners you didn't even know.

The cheering, the goodies, the towels, absolutely the best support around the WORLD!!!!

GO W.I.S.H. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I second the great big thank you!!! The support helped me SOOOO much in completing Dopey. I truly can not thank all of you for everything you did, not only for me, but for all runners.

I was one of those WISHers out there for the full - you're very welcome. (Glad the mini-washcloth worked...we were trying to have as many supplies as possible to support as many people as possible.)

After having the same race experience of being overwhelmed by WISH support, I started scream teaming on the years when I'm doing one race. I's as much fun as it looks. Trust me, we get so much more than we give. :love:

So many WISHers who have come before me deserve thanks for their inspiration and continued effort. I'd love to name names, but there are so many WISHers out there, I'm afraid I'd forget some people. Instead, here's a little shout-out to some of our extra-special WISHer types on this year's half and full courses.
  • To our newest generation of WISHers....our kids. Not only are many of our WISH kids doing the kids' races, they're also cheering on the course with their parents and grandparents. Not only do you offer the best high-fives, our steps are a little lighter when we see you!
  • To our injured and swept WISH teammates who get out there to scream-team for the races, sometimes the very ones they signed up for and even started. You show us how to live by our motto and inspire us all.
  • To our finishers who somehow find the energy to support each other on the course, at the finish line and even returning to the course to cheer for incoming runners. You demonstrate that racing is about being with other runners as much about challenging ourselves.
  • To our scream-teamers who come "just" to cheer or choose your races so that you can also cheer. You humble us with the energy you bring to the course.
  • To the WISHers on the course, and to all the runners, for being out there. You inspire all of us to keep moving forward.

And last but certainly not least, to the posters here on the DIS and on Facebook who are the heart and soul of WISH. You provide advice, support and a lot of laughs; act as virtual coaches and training partners; and offer the best of yourselves. You foster an online community that has evolved into real-life race support and friendships that make WISH near and dear to all our hearts.

I was one of those WISHers out there for the full - you're very welcome. (Glad the mini-washcloth worked...we were trying to have as many supplies as possible to support as many people as possible.)

After having the same race experience of being overwhelmed by WISH support, I started scream teaming on the years when I'm doing one race. I's as much fun as it looks. Trust me, we get so much more than we give. :love:

So many WISHers who have come before me deserve thanks for their inspiration and continued effort. I'd love to name names, but there are so many WISHers out there, I'm afraid I'd forget some people. Instead, here's a little shout-out to some of our extra-special WISHer types on this year's half and full courses.
  • To our newest generation of WISHers....our kids. Not only are many of our WISH kids doing the kids' races, they're also cheering on the course with their parents and grandparents. Not only do you offer the best high-fives, our steps are a little lighter when we see you!
  • To our injured and swept WISH teammates who get out there to scream-team for the races, sometimes the very ones they signed up for and even started. You show us how to live by our motto and inspire us all.
  • To our finishers who somehow find the energy to support each other on the course, at the finish line and even returning to the course to cheer for incoming runners. You demonstrate that racing is about being with other runners as much about challenging ourselves.
  • To our scream-teamers who come "just" to cheer or choose your races so that you can also cheer. You humble us with the energy you bring to the course.
  • To the WISHers on the course, and to all the runners, for being out there. You inspire all of us to keep moving forward.

And last but certainly not least, to the posters here on the DIS and on Facebook who are the heart and soul of WISH. You provide advice, support and a lot of laughs; act as virtual coaches and training partners; and offer the best of yourselves. You foster an online community that has evolved into real-life race support and friendships that make WISH near and dear to all our hearts.

So very well said, DeeKayPee! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter