A Ghostly, Incredible, Totally Wicked Couple of Runs(Plus DATW with DISsers) Marathon Weekend Report

Awesome photos! It was great seeing you on course. You definitely appear to have had a great time. Gilbert is certainly more unique than Max. It was hilarious how that was a running joke of the weekend after that.

Your race photos are fantastic! I love your outfits - ToT is one of my favorite rides and some of the CMs there (and at HM) are fantastically funny!

I motion to change Max's name to Gilbert. Those in favor say aye. Those opposed go away.

Great photos!!!! Max will forever be Gilbert to me too, loved all the texts! The text group provided so many laughs to help pass the miles throughout the whole weekend!

Great race photos! Add me to the list of those who love running around the Boardwalk. We stayed there for a family trip back in December and I got up early a few mornings to run around there. I think the Epcot resorts are the best places to stay. The convenience of a quick walk to two parks and the beauty of the resorts can’t be beat.

PS - also wondering how the heck that woman got out of the port o John???

Thank you and the Boardwalk is amazing to run around. The location is just the best! I'm assuming (and HOPING!) that he only blocked her exit for a moment.

Awesome photos! It was great seeing you on course. You definitely appear to have had a great time. Gilbert is certainly more unique than Max. It was hilarious how that was a running joke of the weekend after that.

I loved seeing you too. Made the race that much more fun! And, I'm happy I was able to provide some laughs to the group (although it's not like laughs were in short supply)!

Your race photos are fantastic! I love your outfits - ToT is one of my favorite rides and some of the CMs there (and at HM) are fantastically funny!

I motion to change Max's name to Gilbert. Those in favor say aye. Those opposed go away.

Thank you. Those outfits were HM and it's one of our favorite rides. I'm thinking a ToT costume might be in order for the next race though.

The two of you have fantastic race pics! How fun!

Thanks!

Great photos!!!! Max will forever be Gilbert to me too, loved all the texts! The text group provided so many laughs to help pass the miles throughout the whole weekend!

Gilbert forevah!!

You two are so adorable! Love the outfits and your phone booth antics!! :thumbsup2

Thank you!!

It sounds like you had a ton of fun on the course, and you got some great photos!

I love that race so much!

Love your 10k recap and your photo with Gilbert. My husband looked at me so strange when I was laughing so hard that morning.

Congrats on the race!

Thank you. I'm such a dummy. I blame the endorphins!

You have totally sold me on the 10k for 2020! I am really enjoying your trip report so far and looking forward to what’s to come!

You should absolutely run the 10K. Fantastic race.

We decided to stop for a quick potty stop at some porta potties along in here and as we were leaving, there was a short line of people yelling at some woman who just ran right past the line and into an open potty. It was ridiculous. She was just ignoring them and went right in. As we were heading back out on the road, this one man says, “Well, she’s not coming out for awhile” and he went down and physically blocked the door. YIKES!! I was really curious how that was going to turn out, but we had a race to finish.

You told me this at DATW and it's still one of my favorite stories. Did she ever get out??? Curious minds need to know!

Also ... I love all of your 10K pictures! Seriously!
And I'm officially calling Max Gilbert from now on.

Such gorgeous photos of the sunrise on the Boardwalk! I love your ghost host costumes! So many great running shots of you guys.

I'm loving reading about the 10k. I think I'm going to do it as my first RunDisney race next year. If I can train two of my kids to run fast enough not to be swept!
Can't wait to hear about your marathon experience!

You guys are SO adorable! I have done the SW races with my husband and our photos are not as cute as yours! Running around the Boardwalk with the sun coming up is so beautiful!

Love your outfits too!

Thank you. Those outfits were HM and it's one of our favorite rides. I'm thinking a ToT costume might be in order for the next race though.

:oops: Doh! Mixing up my haunted buildings. Haha! I stand by my comment - some great/funny CMs at HM as well! I have a snapchat saved from the line at HM where the CM said "Please fill all available space. If someone is not moving, assume them dead and go around them."

You told me this at DATW and it's still one of my favorite stories. Did she ever get out??? Curious minds need to know!

Also ... I love all of your 10K pictures! Seriously!
And I'm officially calling Max Gilbert from now on.

I sure hope she got out. LOL

Such gorgeous photos of the sunrise on the Boardwalk! I love your ghost host costumes! So many great running shots of you guys.

Thank you! Sunrise on the Boardwalk is the best.

I'm loving reading about the 10k. I think I'm going to do it as my first RunDisney race next year. If I can train two of my kids to run fast enough not to be swept!
Can't wait to hear about your marathon experience!

I think you'd love the 10k. I highly recommend it especially as a first runDisney experience!

You guys are SO adorable! I have done the SW races with my husband and our photos are not as cute as yours! Running around the Boardwalk with the sun coming up is so beautiful!

Love your outfits too!

Thank you. Over the years, Chris and I have clearly figured out the art of spotting the photopass people and putting on a smile. Although I'm pretty sure all those smiles during the 10k were absolutely genuine. The marathon maybe not quite as much...

:oops: Doh! Mixing up my haunted buildings. Haha! I stand by my comment - some great/funny CMs at HM as well! I have a snapchat saved from the line at HM where the CM said "Please fill all available space. If someone is not moving, assume them dead and go around them."

Oh, I agree on both rides. Some of the absolute best at Disney. ToT is my favorite ride in all the parks. Love that line from HM!!

It’s a Hollywood kind of day
giphy.gif

We were able to get on a bus pretty quickly. MEDALS!!

Once at the hotel, we made a quick clean-up and then headed out for our park of the day, Hollywood Studios. I’d originally hoped to make it to rope drop, but we knew that was going to be a close call and we didn’t feel like hurrying that much, so we headed out to catch a boat. It was a bit chilly this morning, but it was beautiful out there.

Love seeing this come into sight.

I was loving the Christmas decorations in here. It was all sort of retro and kitschy and I thought it was so cute.

We were there just shortly after rope drop and headed for Toy Story land.

This area is themed so cute! And look at that sky. Gorgeous.

But, by the time we got there, lines were already longer than we wanted to wait for, so we headed off to our favorite ride in all of Disney. Tower of Terror!!!

This ride never gets old.

That poor little guy in front of us was in sheer terror for the entire ride.

After we were done on there, we stopped off for our obligatory pic in front of the hotel

before hitting up a massive line at Starbucks for some coffee and breakfast.
Found a nice table in the sun and relaxed for a bit

before heading off for Star Tours. Once again we were not chosen as rebel spies. :( ;)

Then we headed back to use our FP+ for TOT again, because we just can’t ride this too many times and then decided to head back to Beach Club to relax for a bit as the day was warming up nicely. Our room was right beside the quiet pool, so we decided to hang out there in the sun for awhile. It was beautiful and reminds me why I want to be a snowbird when we retire.

We eventually headed back inside to get dressed and wanted a light bite for lunch so we headed out early to Hurricane Hannahs for some lunch and to wait for the Dismeet to begin. Eventually @croach sent a text saying that he and @keels were already at the bar if anybody was there early. Having never met him before, I wasn't sure who he was, so @rteetz suggested I just walk up there and yell out, “Boston” So, I did. :D Worked like a charm. @keels joined us soon after and we got a table. Before long more Dissers headed over and we ended up with a big crowd. I was an idiot and took no pictures. I’m not going to try and mention everyone I did talk with, but it wasn’t enough people, but for those I did, it was so fun to talk in person! We ended up in a corner at a table and basically never emerged from it. It’s that weird/awkward social thing of meeting people from your computer. Anyway, eventually we had to leave as we had a FP+ and dinner reservations back at Hollywood.

We hit up our FP+ for Slinky Dog. It’s a really cute little coaster, but no way am I waiting an hour plus for it. Unfortunately, it made Chris a little sick this time, so it may be out of the rotation from now on anyway. Then with some time to kill we decided to wait standby for Toy Story Midway Mania.

The line was actually a bit longer than the posted wait time, so by the time we finished we had to hoof it over to our dinner reservation at Brown Derby. We’ve eaten here a few times before and while overpriced (hello, Disney) we’ve always thought it was really good. This time…not so much. Although this salted butter with the rolls is to die for.

I had the “Hollywood” cocktail

which was tasty but Chris ordered what was previously called a Purity Collins that was really good, but they had changed the name to something else because they were using a different vodka and, sadly, you could tell. Boo! I’m sure it’s because this vodka was cheaper. :sad2:

We shared a Cobb Salad which is still fantastic and the tuna appetizer is also great,

but neither of our entrees were very good. The steaks were tender but had very little flavor. I was pretty bummed about that.

With dinner over, we were pretty tired so we headed back for an early bedtime since I had big plans to get up early to spectate the half.

**Spoiler alert** #spectatorfail :(

https://flic.kr/p/2egGo78

Those are the pre-order jackets you guys have on? They look great- I really like how chic the black looks. The Cobb Salad looks awesome- that's the main reason I've got Brown Derby on my try list. Hopefully Marathon Weekend 2020- will keep your reviews of the other menu items in mind though. Must have been an off day in the kitchen?

Those are the pre-order jackets you guys have on? They look great- I really like how chic the black looks. The Cobb Salad looks awesome- that's the main reason I've got Brown Derby on my try list. Hopefully Marathon Weekend 2020- will keep your reviews of the other menu items in mind though. Must have been an off day in the kitchen?

Those were actually finisher Dopey jackets from last year. There was an email that came out shortly after race weekend with them to order. I really like them a lot. They are a lined-windbreaker style with a hood so a great weight for a jacket.

Yeah, it was definitely not as good as our prior experiences, so hopefully just a bad kitchen night as you say.

Haha I told you Boston would work!

I love how the lady in front of the terrified kid is looking back and laughing at him.

It was funny, but worked like a charm. :D I'll admit Chris and I were laughing a bit about it too, but he's probably traumatized for life. Although my daughter Sophie was that way when she rode it the first time and she loves it now.

I love your ToT shot! That poor kid... I hope he recovered ;)

Was great to meet you guys at HH!

I thought the same about Slinky... It was cute. I enjoyed peeking into Star Wars Land from the top, but overall, give me ToT all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter