A freezing question

KJSJpipe

Mouseketeer
I have left over raw marinated chicken from a party. Can I freeze it that way or should I cook it all first? The marinades are made of water, olive oil, and McCormick marinade packets, one is tomato, basil & garlic with white vinegar added and the other is Chipotle Pepper.

Yes you can freeze it like it is. I do this all the time. If you want to use it all a once, then put it into a container and freeze. If you want to take out individual pieces, then put them on a cookie sheet and put it in the freezer. When they are frozen, put them into a bag.

Speaking of freezing, what do you guys recommend for freezing stuff in? Plastic containers, freezer bags, etc? If plastic containers, do you recommend any particular brand for this because I have tried just my typical tupperware type stuff and my food always gets ice crystals on it. I would love to be able to have things readily available in the freezer but dont want to waste my time if it is just going to get freezer burned. Thanks.

It depends on what it is.. things like meatballs, individual servings of frittatas, fruit, vegetables I usually arrange on a cookie sheet (put foil or plastic wrap down first so you don't have to clean up) and flash freeze for an hour or 2, then transfer to ziploc bags. We usually use the stuff pretty quickly so not much chance for freezer burn. Try getting a tight seal, put a piece of plastic wrap down on the item if it doesn't come up to the top of the container. (DH does this for ice cream and it works..)

--h

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter