A fictional Halloween question….

What if they showed you their fangs and turned into a bat? Would you need them to take you away?
I was with the same thoughts that Cannot_wait_4Disney said, but then again...

Worked the night stocking at the grocery store for a year after college before landing my "real" job. We had a young guy with black hair, black eye liner, black fingernail polish, always black jeans, black t-shirt, and long black thin trench coat. He was a bit pasty white and his canine teeth were very very prominent. You couldn't not see them when he talked. He had to leave every morning a 5 am. We assume he had to be home before the sun came up.

I was with the same thoughts that Cannot_wait_4Disney said, but then again...

Worked the night stocking at the grocery store for a year after college before landing my "real" job. We had a young guy with black hair, black eye liner, black fingernail polish, always black jeans, black t-shirt, and long black thin trench coat. He was a bit pasty white and his canine teeth were very very prominent. You couldn't not see them when he talked. He had to leave every morning a 5 am. We assume he had to be home before the sun came up.
LOL, here's another true story:

We have a guy here in NOLA who's been a "vampire" as long as anyone can remember. He's a tour guide, and he was also Anne Rice's carriage driver when she used to kick off her book releases by emerging from a coffin in a horse-drawn hearse at a local bookstore at midnight. So it's all part of his schtick, nobody thinks he's actually drinking blood or anything. But he absolutely, 100% looks and dresses the part, and is not seen during daylight hours, ever.

But after Katrina, he got hold of a friend's boat and worked long days out in the hot sun pulling people off rooftops. Poor guy got burned to a crisp, but he kept going. So much respect for him for that.

LOL, here's another true story:

We have a guy here in NOLA who's been a "vampire" as long as anyone can remember. He's a tour guide, and he was also Anne Rice's carriage driver when she used to kick off her book releases by emerging from a coffin in a horse-drawn hearse at a local bookstore at midnight. So it's all part of his schtick, nobody thinks he's actually drinking blood or anything. But he absolutely, 100% looks and dresses the part, and is not seen during daylight hours, ever.

But after Katrina, he got hold of a friend's boat and worked long days out in the hot sun pulling people off rooftops. Poor guy got burned to a crisp, but he kept going. So much respect for him for that.
I heard the female Vampires said he looked smokin hot.

Is he a sparkly vampire like in Twilight?

Since I’m a huge Twilight fan and totally Team Edward I’d say…..change me ❤️

Yet another way to kill a vampire. Force him to watch the twilight series all the way through back to back. Just 5 minutes of listening to that whiny little puke of a werewolf might just do it.

Last edited:
Yet another way to kill a vampire. Force him to watch the twilight series all the way through back to back.
V.D. was more realistic than Twilight. Even Harry Potter’s vampires were truer to folklore. Vampires were a legend before the 19th century I believe. The same with Indian shapeshifter legends, Big Foot and sea monsters. On a serious note, I find it fascinating that with all our current technology we still have much we don’t know about the world.

Last edited:

Stay young as well. Plus you could watch over your descendants (unlike Katherine “watching out” for Elena).
Actually thinking on this, if you were turned, would you go and protect your 15 times great granddaughter or would you just stay out if their lives completely? I think if my 15 times great granddaughter was getting into trouble I would try to intervene and set them straight.

I'd have a bigger problem if my new husband kept from me his love of Elvis or Country music than if he was a vampire...

I was never interested in the Vampire Diaries, and know nothing about their vamps, so I'm brushing that universe aside for this scenario.

On the subject of Nosferatu and vampires of a certain appearance, you can never truly be sure what you're getting. Some can be attractive one moment, then turn into a complete monster the next.

For example, Van Helsing's vampire brides and Santanico Pandemonium (Salma Hayek) from From Dusk Til Dawn turn into bat and snake like creatures, respectively.
3a6a4b99b6913635a76d818c310a2ef5.gif
156c3061eda3ccf13c442d542836fdc8--real-vampires-quentin-tarantino.jpg

Before turning to monsters, they will at least draw fangs and look pretty fly. But know that the monster form is not far behind.

In Lost Boys and Buffy, vampires look normal until they reveal their teeth, spooky eyes, and bumpy Klingon butt-foreheads. I'm sure some people out there are into it, but not me.
Lost-Boys-584x300.jpg
Drusillavamped.jpg

Underworld, Daybreakers, persistent fangs and spooky eye color. An obvious vampire, but without the monster looks. A win!
images
bb56bfea2f1da2c138cee79e460b813f.jpg

30 Days of Night - Pale, black eyes, jagged fangs. They look and behave like human sharks. No thanks.
images
ghows-LK-2b1d871b-d9ce-439a-b7b1-dbb22cfaaf87-da37cc32.jpeg

Near Dark - nothing, they don't even have fangs and look completely human. All the usual vampire traits intact though, but otherwise they'd pass for human.
image-w240.jpg
917db68ea3f3ab98d9e35d0499f04f388eba2337.jpg

Last edited:
When your 15 times vampire great grandmother tries to give you advice vampire style:

It’s a shame we never got to meet Elena’s 15 times great grandfather in the series (if he was a vampire). I wonder if he would have been a nice protective ancestor or just as evil as some in the series. :confused3 :scratchin

Last edited:
Actually thinking on this, if you were turned, would you go and protect your 15 times great granddaughter or would you just stay out if their lives completely?
Plus you could watch over your descendants (unlike Katherine “watching out” for Elena).
To those on the thread, if you chose to become a vampire would you look after your decendants as a protective great whatever times grandparent? If you saw your descendant going down the wrong path would you scare them straight? Or if you saw them dating someone not right for them (ex. a bad influence), would you scare the boyfriend/girlfriend so they would stay away from your descendant? Curious about your thoughts on this.

To those on the thread, if you chose to become a vampire would you look after your decendants as a protective great whatever times grandparent? If you saw your descendant going down the wrong path would you scare them straight? Or if you saw them dating someone not right for them (ex. a bad influence), would you scare the boyfriend/girlfriend so they would stay away from your descendant? Curious about your thoughts on this.
I would watch from a distance…from my castle overlooking the ancestral home….but do I watch with binoculars? No. Vamp Vision!

I write my brats handwritten notes, tucked secretly in pastries: “No dating before 30. Sincerely, Not-Your-secret-Vampire-Great-Whatever-Times-Relative.“. They never suspect a thing! It’s a pretty good gig! It’s like interactive streaming drama series, where *I* pull the strings!

One time they ate the whole note with the pastry! Ok, maybe four times! Awkward!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter