• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

a few quick questions about fastpassing Wishes

slickpoetry

Super Planner
I've never fastpassed wishes before.

1. How early do you need to arrive to the viewing area?
2. Can you get in there before Celebrate the Magic starts?
3. Do they allow umbrella strollers in?
4. Do you sit or stand?

I believe the area opens 2 hours prior....we arrived about 45 minutes prior. Yes, you can watch CTM from the Wishes FP area. Yes, you can bring in a stroller. There are differing experiences on sit/stand. My personal experience is entering the CM told us we could feel free to have a seat but when the show started we would need to stand. We did this because we preferred to but there were others around us sitting and there were no CMs inside telling us to stand or anything. We really enjoyed the area and found the back to be the perfect spot for us (some leaned against the back railing because it was the best spot to avoid the light posts for photos) and others stood on the grass a little bit in front of there.

Another quick question then. If you can really get in there 2 hours early, do these sections provide a decent view of MSEP at all?

Another quick question then. If you can really get in there 2 hours early, do these sections provide a decent view of MSEP at all?

No.

As I don't consider not being able to see street-level performers and other curb-focused parade entrants a decent view.

MSEP is designed to be experienced at the curb.

I recently used a Fast Pass to watch Wishes from the Magic Kingdom Gardens and IMO it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! The crowd is light and best of all no one is attempting to push you out of your spot!

You are allowed to arrive anytime after 8:00 PM.

Strollers were permitted when I went, this past August ('15); not sure if that's changed.

You are allowed to sit on the pavement (I sat on my poncho); or stand. No seating available. In the Rose Garden you are allowed to sit on the grass.

Grab a cup of coffee or cool drink (depending on when you go) and a dessert and enjoy the show with plenty of elbow room!!!

Last edited:
In the Rose Garden you are allowed to sit on the grass.

Just to keep things perfectly clear, there is no longer a "Rose Garden" and the Wishes FP is not in the former location of the Rose Garden.

I assume that you mean that guests USED to be able to sit on the grass in the (former) Rose Garden area.

We used the FP area in August. We were allowed to sit during Celebrate the Magic but the CMs were going around making people stand for Wishes. So I guess it depends on which CMs you have that night.

I've never fastpassed wishes before.

1. How early do you need to arrive to the viewing area?
2. Can you get in there before Celebrate the Magic starts?
3. Do they allow umbrella strollers in?
4. Do you sit or stand?
1 I think you ken get there up to 2 hours early but why I would ( and I get wishes fast pass when every I can) I get there about 15 to 20 minutes before the night time parade
2. yes you can and you can see fine since most of the parade is up high
3 yes
4 it depends on the day and how many people are there most of the time I have been there they have asked people to stand just before.

Just to keep things perfectly clear, there is no longer a "Rose Garden" and the Wishes FP is not in the former location of the Rose Garden.

I assume that you mean that guests USED to be able to sit on the grass in the (former) Rose Garden area.

My bad... Last year when I went to MK 3/2014 the Rose Garden was a Wishes viewing spot with FP. My recent visit 8/2015 daughter and I watched Wishes from the new gardens. I didn't even realize the Rose Garden was gone. :(

We used a FP+ for it and used the area to watch the parade prior to. Yes not everything was 100% clear but that was okay with us. It also gave us some time to sit and chat with the cast members who were patrolling the rope. During wishes we sat, I noticed there were people doing both and never heard and CM tell people they had to do one or the other.

We booked FP+ for both MSEP and Wishes on the same night, but now I'm thinking that it may not be possible to use both. Are the viewing locations near each other. If you had to pick one, which one would you pick? I guess I assumed that you could use one and then walk to the other and use it, but maybe not.

We did sit in the area during the parade but the street view is blocked, you can just see what is higher than the people. That was okay with us because we had already seen it a couple nights before. We enjoyed our sundaes from The Plaza while hanging out on the grass, listening to the music and taking in the atmosphere. I would not want to view the parade from there if it was the only time. People have watched the parade from the parade FP area then immediately jumped in after it and walked up Main Street to the Wishes FP area.

We booked FP+ for both MSEP and Wishes on the same night, but now I'm thinking that it may not be possible to use both. Are the viewing locations near each other. If you had to pick one, which one would you pick? I guess I assumed that you could use one and then walk to the other and use it, but maybe not.

From the current Town Square MSEP FP+ area, you simply walk into the street as the parade ends and follow it down Main St. until you reach the Wishes FP+ area(s) make your way to one of the entrances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter