A few questions

4 mickey

4 MICKEY
Did my online check in have a 1130 port arrival
what time shall I take my dcl bus from mco to port ?

where are we. Waiting once arrived at mco

walk me through it if you can si I’ll know how it’s going to be

from mco to when we board
thanks

thanks

Where are you leaving from? If you are leaving from the airport, shuttles start running at 9:30 AM.

You go downstairs to the ground transportation level. IMO, you can‘t miss it but worst case scenario, there will be plenty of employees that will be able to show you where to go.

They‘ll make you get in line and then board the bus. Usually, they leave when the bus is full (you won’t wait very long). It takes about an hour to get to PC.

(If you are leaving from a WDW hotel, you will receive a letter letting you know of your pick up time.)

Where are you leaving from? If you are leaving from the airport, shuttles start running at 9:30 AM.

You go downstairs to the ground transportation level. IMO, you can‘t miss it but worst case scenario, there will be plenty of employees that will be able to show you where to go.

They‘ll make you get in line and then board the bus. Usually, they leave when the bus is full (you won’t wait very long). It takes about an hour to get to PC.

(If you are leaving from a WDW hotel, you will receive a letter letting you know of your pick up time.)

yes that I know

I have a port arrival time of 1130 am
ill take a dcl bus from mco what time should I hop on one since I have a 1130 PAT

what I’d like to know is walk me through once arrived at port Canaveral( since a lot has changed since covid ) once I get off the dcl bus
what are the steps
at mco will the cast meme er make us wait to board a bus
if by bus I arrived before 1130 am at port canaveral will they make us wait ?
how is it once you arrive in port

what are the steps once you arrived

thanks

yes that I know

I have a port arrival time of 1130 am
ill take a dcl bus from mco what time should I hop on one since I have a 1130 PAT

what I’d like to know is walk me through once arrived at port Canaveral( since a lot has changed since covid ) once I get off the dcl bus
what are the steps
at mco will the cast meme er make us wait to board a bus
if by bus I arrived before 1130 am at port canaveral will they make us wait ?
how is it once you arrive in port

what are the steps once you arrived

thanks

My experience is that they lead you to the desk to check in right away but they board people by groups so depending on which group you end up in, you might have to wait a little bit. But it’s usually not that long.

I believe the PAT is a moot point if taking DCL Transfers. You can go to the bus whenever you arrive at MCO, or whenever you are ready if staying at an airport hotel the night prior.
We're staying at the Hyatt the night prior. Should we let the concierge know we're taking the DCL transfer or do we just show up the next day?

I am not staying at the Hyatt
but a hotel new mco butbwill take their shuttle back to mco has dcl buses don’t go to other hotels

I was wondering since first time not staying on Disney property prior to dcl ( but going after though )

We're staying at the Hyatt the night prior. Should we let the concierge know we're taking the DCL transfer or do we just show up the next day?
They've started running a bus directly from the Hyatt lobby. I think you need to book through DCL or inform DCL if you want that bus. Otherwise you are welcome to go to the regular location in the airport whenever you're ready.

I am not staying at the Hyatt
but a hotel new mco butbwill take their shuttle back to mco has dcl buses don’t go to other hotels

I was wondering since first time not staying on Disney property prior to dcl ( but going after though )
No, DCL doesn't have a bus route for the airport area hotels. You can take the hotel shuttle back to MCO in the morning and catch the DCL bus from there.

I would aim to be on the first bus personally. Your PAT time makes no difference if taking the airport transfers and if you get on the 9:30am bus for example you should be at the port by 10:30am
The question then becomes what boarding group. If you are boarding group 28, then arriving on the first bus doesn't have as much significance than if you are boarding group 3.

Sounds like you are trying to pin down exact times. You are looking for an answer that does not have an exact answer.

The clearest part of all this is that the ride from MCO to the ship is about 45-60 minutes.

You don’t have an assigned bus time. This allows flexibility for those arriving by plane that morning and others who are staying in hotels (you could even be living in Orlando and take the bus).

In the morning, get up and eat breakfast. Check-out and take the hotel shuttle bus. They might be doing drop-offs at the airline terminals. you could ask if they can drop you at Ground Transportation (bus and rental cars), but it’s a possibility they do a set route. Some shuttles will drop you at Car Rentals - it’s just across from Ground Transportation.

If they do not drop you at Ground Transportation, get off at Terminal B and make your way to Ground Transportation, Level 1. (Delta Airlines flies from Terminal 1.)

Disney should have a desk near the windows. The busses will be parked outside. Go to the desk, unless otherwise directed.

So far, everyone has reported that bus passengers are processed as they arrive at the port.

I would try to leave the hotel between 9-10. This should get you in the ship for lunch.

As above poster said, the first bus is scheduled for 9:30.

As others have said, your port arrival time does not matter. Take whatever bus that you want. But if you want to get there earlier, go down early. The lines form early in the morning and they go first come, first served.

thanks
I would catch a 10:30 bus. PAT doesn’t matter when you use Disney transportation, by your boarding group number will still come into play.

When you arrive at MCO, go down to the first floor. Walk all the way down to where the Disney area is. There is seating for you to wait after you check in and get your bus tickets. Once they call the character on the ticket they gave you, you can board the bus.

The drive is about 45-60 mins, once you arrive at Port Canaveral, they will usher everyone out as a group and take you to the Covid testing tents. You’ll do your Covid testing and wait for the all clear (have your reservation number handy).

Once you are Covid cleared, you can walk to security to check in. Then you take the escalator up to the lobby area and wait for your boarding group to be called. I believe when we sailed last month we were boarding group 9, we arrived at our PAT of 11:30 and had to wait to board. I think we got to board around 12:00-12:30.

Hope this helps!

I knew i could count on this group for answers. So one down and now hoping for my 2nd answer to be found. After the Cruise, we are going back to the Airport to pick up rental car and head to the resort But when i checked in and did port to hotel, does that mean the bus will take us directly to the resort? I chose the airport option but then it asked for departure flight which isnt until 10days after our cruise ends.

Hope that makes sense

We have sailed before but its been a while, and we would just chose to go back to the airport, not an issue

Thanks for your help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter