A few questions

nycmama3

Earning My Ears
Hi- I've done a ton of research and will be in Universal for the first time with my 3 kids 7, 10, 12 next week. Just a little worried as it is a holiday week- we will be in the parks 2/19- 2/21.I know Universal doesn't require Disney preparation but I'm a planner and like to be ready.

A few questions, I'm not sure on:

1. From MCO to Cabana Bay- is it cheaper to get a taxi for a family of 5 (otherwise need Uber XL)?

2. a. We'll be moving to Loews Pacific for our in-park days for the Express Pass. For shows, how early do you need to get to shows that accept Express Pass? How early for others without EP?

b. Can you bring food into shows?

3. a. Lockers- we are going to just bring a mini backpack and drawstring bag to fit in small lockers. For Early Admission time- we will arrive 45 minutes early to the gate. I know it will be fast walking to Hagrid's and Escape to Gringotts. How much time does it get stuff in the lockers- and figure it out? Should we have some of the group get on the line and one get the lockers?

b. If we are getting 2 mini lockers-do you need 2 fingerprints or can one person do them?

4. For rides that don't allow anything brought on- is it best to keep express pass/tickets in lanyard tucked in shirt- is this allowed on- or just in a pocket?

5. I am thinking of just doing water rides one day and leaving a big bag in lockers at front. Can a bag just be left outside the ride as you can do in some parks- if nothing valuable in it.

Thanks!

Tuck your lanyard under your top
I stick mine in my bra for the hands free rides

I use private car service from MCO to my RP hotel and get a free stop on the way for food/drink
$50 plus a tip

I have never used Uber/ie so no personal knowledge on their costs

Shows in the park allow the express lines enter first
They will have a separate entrance line and very visible with signage so you know where to go

Many shows open entrance 20 ? minutes prior for ep guests to enter

Have one in your group use the lockers and meet you in the line
Some locker areas get crowded/congested

I know others will help answer more of your questions

2. With EP I wouldn't worry too much about arriving that early. Without EP depending on what kind of seat you want perhaps 10 minutes prior perhaps, or a few minutes more? If you're referring to parades that might be more. Another person can answer that as I do not stuck around for parades. B) No food, or drink in shows (at least from what I recall for Horror Make Up Show for example).

3. Hagrid's and Gringotts just so you know are at different parks (Hagrid's IOA, Gringotts UO). Unable to determine exactly how long it will take. If you can get to one immediately it should only take a few minutes (five perhaps if someone is in front of you). From there it will be undetermined how long it will take if you cannot get to one immediately depending how many people are there. You use your ticket now for lockers. Also, the lockers are much smaller now, so try to look up pictures online to see if it's something you think it can fit, because if not, you'd have to use the other lockers which will charge you, or someone can stay behind with the bags. If you two 2 lockers you'll need two separate tickets. It is not recommended that someone goes into line and other stays behind for the locker. While other people do it anyway it is frowned by other guests to have people do that and then others skip to get to their group. However, I do recommend being outside of the locker area as it can get crowded as @macraven said.

4. Yes, keep lanyards on you and tucked into your shirt. It is allowed.

5. I personally wouldn't recommend it. Whether it being anything valuable, or not, you have the bag for a reason and if there are things needed within the bag I wouldn't leave it behind. If it isn't someone potentially stealing it there might be a case of someone thinking it was left behind and may give it to Lost in Found which could get messy, especially depending on when, or how they hand it over/report it. You have the fact that if someone finds it to do that they may not return it right away, or may give it to a TM which might not give it to Lost and Found immediately, or might wait until the end of their shift. However, if you have a good enough description and let Guest Services know you'll eventually get it. They'll even send it back to you through mail if needing to (since of course a lot of guests are not locals) if they can't give it right away. I personally would never place it outside an attraction unless it's something I truly do not care about (as you never know), or if I know of an obscure enough place to hide it so no one should see (whether guest, or TM).

If TM sees an unattended bag, they do contact security to come get it
So don’t leave a bag out in the open expecting to get it once you are off a ride

Fair enough- on leaving a bag. Sometimes I miss having a stroller :)

@macraven What car service would you recommend that does the stop for the grocery store? I was thinking of using Amazon Prime Now but maybe I'll just do that.

Thanks for the help!

I use Tony Hinds

There is a current thread on him
Tony Hinds transportation

His email is aobh607@gmail.com
407 406 9093

There are other transportation companies that many highly recommends.

Fl Tours Transportation is a sponsor of the Disboards

It is really annoying to be in line and have people try to pass you to meet the rest of the group. Not cool. Put your stuff in a locker and enter the line together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter