A few questions about the V&A Chef's Table

photogineer

Mouseketeer
Hey all, a few questions,

I am taking my DGF to the World on a reboot trip in March! Our 180 day ADR window opens this weekend, and I'm all set with a list of reservations to hit. One of them, V&A Chef's Table, is a top priority, but I know my odds are pretty much zilch for it. Still, I must try.

To that end, I have a few questions about it.

First, I am assuming that isn't good for a dining plan TS credit (or 2) right?

Second, assuming it isn't covered by DDP, what am I looking at cost wise for 2 people?

Third, according to the dress code I read, it would be appropriate for me to wear a nice suit and tie and her to wear a dress with nice shoes, correct? (Always love an excuse to dress up)

Thanks,
Adam

Good luck on getting the reservation. Make sure you try online ASAP after midnight EST and keep refreshing the page if it says it has trouble finding availability. If that fails, call them at 9am est (407-wdw-dvna) and try. Ask to be waitlisted for your entire trip if they're full. Book the main dining / Queen Victoria room and you can still get an expanded 10-course meal.

No dining plans, the CT is $250/pp, wine pairings are $105/pp, plus tax and tip. I thought the pairing was nice for the variety and the synergy between the dishes, but on my upcoming visit I'll just stick to cocktails and a nice glass of port at the end.

For dress code, a suit is perfectly appropriate though not required. I wore a suit but I kept my jacket off at the table (I prefer taking it off anyways). As long as you have the jacket, you'll be okay. I saw jeans and a button-down with a blazer in the main dining room. Remind your date that they'll have cashmere shawls to borrow in case she gets cool, though the restaurant was a fairly comfortable temperature.

Bon Appetit!

E: QVR is $235/pp, $105/pp for wine. Main dining is $185/pp 7 course and $235/pp 10 course.

Last edited:
We dined in the Queen Victoria room (couldn't get the Chef's table) a couple years back & dinner was a bit over $600 with tip. Pretty sure DDP doesn't work at VA's. We were dressed appropriately but since it was summer & I wore a light weight sports jacket (w/tie). It was worth every penny

Hey all, a few questions,

I am taking my DGF to the World on a reboot trip in March! Our 180 day ADR window opens this weekend, and I'm all set with a list of reservations to hit. One of them, V&A Chef's Table, is a top priority, but I know my odds are pretty much zilch for it. Still, I must try.

You are correct, it is going to be very difficult to get a Chef's Table reservation. I hear it's not impossible, but it has been for me though.

To that end, I have a few questions about it.

This would also be correct. V&A is not on the DDP for any of their dining options. They are 100% out of pocket.

Second, assuming it isn't covered by DDP, what am I looking at cost wise for 2 people?

If doing the Chef's Table it is $250 per person and if adding the wine pairing it is an additional $105 per person.

Third, according to the dress code I read, it would be appropriate for me to wear a nice suit and tie and her to wear a dress with nice shoes, correct? (Always love an excuse to dress up)

This would also be correct. All men must wear a jacket with tie optional. When we were there I only saw one person without a tie. For the ladies a nice dress or evening gown is the norm as well. It is without a doubt a dress up place.
Thanks,
Adam

We dined at V&A for the first time this past June and loved it. I was not able to get the Chef's Table and ended up doing the Queen Victoria Room instead. We loved it. We spent $750 with an upgrade, tax and tip. I should say this included no alcohol at all. It was pricey but worth it. In the future I doubt I will get the opportunity to do the GVR again since they now have made it mandatory to have the wine pairing with the meal; I don't drink alcohol at all. Perhaps I'll get lucky and land that very difficult Chef's Table reservation. Good luck and enjoy.

Oh yeah, thanks Goofy, I completely forgot about the upgrades.

Here's the menu from my last trip in April. There's been a price increase since then so I don't know if the upgrades cost a bit more or not. I STRONGLY recommend the Miyazaki beef, and the caviar isn't half bad either.
N7Syxuz.jpg

click for big

. . . yep
. . . got that right, no DDP

. . . Prix Fixe begins at $250.00 per Guest, excluding upgrades (excl tax & tip)
. . . wine pairings from $105.00 per Guest. (excl tax & tip)
. . . so, figure at least $635 or so, without wine parings

. . . yes
. . . jackets ARE REQUIRED for men, tie optional

We have CT reservations for this Monday. :love: One tip on getting the reservation--I wasn't able to book online because of our split stay (so the 180+10 didn't work through the whole vacation). So, I called at 9 am eastern at 180 days from our first check in. I got an answering machine and left a message, but then thought that might not be a good way to get the reservation. I psycho called for over 20 minutes after that, and finally a person picked up. She initially said she couldn't book because it had to be 180 days from our second hotel stay, but when I asked her to try for any day during our vacation using the 1st reservation number, she did and it went through. So at least 6 months ago, V&A was on a different system from regular dining, because I couldn't get any ADRs that way at wdw dining. Good luck! :)

I called when I booked CT at the moment it opened. It is the best meal we have ever had and we don't regret a single cent of it. Most expensive meal we have ever had but 2 years later we still talk about it. Don't eat during the day as you will be stuffed by the end of it. Hope you are successful and enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter