A few questions about Aventura

sarabguerra

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We'll be staying at the Aventura in February - in a kid's suite - with our 3 teens. Yikes!

Looking at the photos and layout - it looks like there will be enough room to store a wheelchair inside the room. It's not needed 100% of the time, so folding it up at the door and placing inside works - no need to take up an accessible room. Just wanted to confirm that there is at least a place out of the way of door/bathroom etc? Under the desk or in the closet maybe? The chair we're looking at renting is about the size of a small double stroller folded up for comparison.

Starbucks in the lobby - can we use the app to place a mobile order? Order from the room and pick up on our way out the door?

Is the walkway from Aventura to CityWalk accessible to a wheelchair? How about the boats at SF (assuming we can use them)? My child can walk, in fact she can likely walk the whole way to CityWalk, but a whole day is too much.

Thanks for your help!

I have stayed at Aventura and their rooms are on the small side at least the Standard ones. It's been awhile. Yes the walkway as well as the boats are accessible to wheelchairs. We had a scooter and it was able to get on a boat. The section at the front of the boat is reserved for wheelchairs and their family. In all honesty I haven't used my app at the Starbucks at either Aventura nor Cabana bay. Some Starbucks in hotels don't

We stayed in a kids suite at Aventura for a few nights. There will be plenty of space for a wheelchair. Those rooms are spacious, but with a weird layout. They are almost like three separate rooms. We had plenty of space with five.

B5DBA239-B4D1-43EE-A35A-755C2D96F8B4.jpegB396D723-97C6-48B9-BCA9-38E3541C998F.jpeg

When we are done with our trip I might right up a small review on the Aventura thread from a very fun recent stay we are currently on, I would think right inside the door you would have plenty of room for a fold up.

No mobile order at Starbucks.

Walkways throughout the resort are required to be accessible, so no issue there either.

FYI, we just switched from Portofino to Aventura in a Kids Suite and absolutely love the space, the view, the ease of getting around the resort, really really like it, the view is spectacular!!!

View attachment 612725View attachment 612726

When we are done with our trip I might right up a small review on the Aventura thread from a very fun recent stay we are currently on, I would think right inside the door you would have plenty of room for a fold up.

Walkways throughout the resort are required to be accessible, so no issue there either.

FYI, we just switched from Portofino to Aventura in a Kids Suite and absolutely love the space, the view, the ease of getting around the resort, really really like it, the view is spectacular!!!
Yeah - I really like Aventura and the price is hard to beat - for me it comes down to whether or not I need express pass - then PB or HRH make a lot more sense

Thank you both! I was just pricing out two rooms at one of the premiers for the express pass (and two bathrooms). But I think we'll stick with the Aventura. We'll have two disability passes (for issues unrelated to the wheelchair) and we'll just plan to take our time over the 3 days/2 parks. My child is refusing the chair now, but I'm sure once we get 1/2 way through the first day she'll be begging for it. Teenagers!

We stayed in a kids suite at Aventura for a few nights. There will be plenty of space for a wheelchair. Those rooms are spacious, but with a weird layout. They are almost like three separate rooms. We had plenty of space with five.
View attachment 612725View attachment 612726

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter