A few dining reviews from the week before Christmas...

Lisa LSR

DIS Veteran
Hi all! My husband and I, along with my 12 yo son and 15 yo daughter went December 14-21. Crowds were very manageable. Here's where we ate:

Liberty Tree Tavern: Very good. It's loud, the bathrooms are tiny, but the food is very good comfort food. Husband loved that he could get Sam Adams beer there :)

Sci-fi Dine In @ HS: This is a family favorite and we go there every time. It's a nice break from the parks and they have something for everyone. I actually got a steak there for the first time and it was so delicious and tender. We love this place.

Baseline Tap House: Didn't eat here but got drinks. Very nice addition to the park. Felt like it was a place for adults!

Tutto Italia: I was nervous about trying this place bc we actually didn't love Via Napoli when we tried it on our previous trip. Giovanni, our waiter, was awesome. The bread was delish! I had a glass of wine and lasagna. It was yummy. The pasta tasted fresh, the ricotta was creamy, and it had just the right amount of sauce. This is a very pretty restaurant. Will definitely do it again.

Teppan Edo: OK, so we don't go to a lot of Japanese steakhouses, so I'm no expert. Our chef was so cute, sweet, and very entertaining. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience of it. The food was good but it didn't blow me away. Not a lot of flavor to it. However, this was one of the kids favorites bc of the chef and the whole experience.

Garden Grill: We had breakfast here before the park opened. It was a good breakfast and they have mimosas. The cinnamon roll is amazing. Other than that, it as standard breakfast fare, so maybe not the best use of a dining credit. HOWEVER the tables feel almost private and the slow rotation is pretty cool. And .. Characters. Mickey in overalls! Pluto, Chip and Dale! Lots of character interaction and chance for pictures.

Yak & Yeti: I wasn't sure I'd like this place. We loved it. Food was amazing. Kids loved it too. It's on our regular rotation now. Good drinks, lots of choices, nice break from the park.

Nomad Lounge: Husband and I took a kid free moment and sat on one of outside couches for drinks. We loved it so much we ordered bread service. The bread comes with 4 types of sauces. It was so good. This was another nice venue that felt grown up and less theme parkish. Dotn worry though, I'd feel totally comfortable bringing my kids.

We stayed at CSR and ate several breakfasts and a couple of dinners at El Mercado. My husband loves the omelets. The burger was good. Not amazing but decent. Breakfast food like Mickey Waffles and bacon were fine.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! We are going in July without kids, so I'm trying to decide on dining now. :)

Thanks for the reviews! Glad to hear some of my favorites are still good!

Hi all! My husband and I, along with my 12 yo son and 15 yo daughter went December 14-21. Crowds were very manageable. Here's where we ate:

Liberty Tree Tavern: Very good. It's loud, the bathrooms are tiny, but the food is very good comfort food. Husband loved that he could get Sam Adams beer there :)

Sci-fi Dine In @ HS: This is a family favorite and we go there every time. It's a nice break from the parks and they have something for everyone. I actually got a steak there for the first time and it was so delicious and tender. We love this place.

Baseline Tap House: Didn't eat here but got drinks. Very nice addition to the park. Felt like it was a place for adults!

Tutto Italia: I was nervous about trying this place bc we actually didn't love Via Napoli when we tried it on our previous trip. Giovanni, our waiter, was awesome. The bread was delish! I had a glass of wine and lasagna. It was yummy. The pasta tasted fresh, the ricotta was creamy, and it had just the right amount of sauce. This is a very pretty restaurant. Will definitely do it again.

Teppan Edo: OK, so we don't go to a lot of Japanese steakhouses, so I'm no expert. Our chef was so cute, sweet, and very entertaining. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience of it. The food was good but it didn't blow me away. Not a lot of flavor to it. However, this was one of the kids favorites bc of the chef and the whole experience.

Garden Grill: We had breakfast here before the park opened. It was a good breakfast and they have mimosas. The cinnamon roll is amazing. Other than that, it as standard breakfast fare, so maybe not the best use of a dining credit. HOWEVER the tables feel almost private and the slow rotation is pretty cool. And .. Characters. Mickey in overalls! Pluto, Chip and Dale! Lots of character interaction and chance for pictures.

Yak & Yeti: I wasn't sure I'd like this place. We loved it. Food was amazing. Kids loved it too. It's on our regular rotation now. Good drinks, lots of choices, nice break from the park.

Nomad Lounge: Husband and I took a kid free moment and sat on one of outside couches for drinks. We loved it so much we ordered bread service. The bread comes with 4 types of sauces. It was so good. This was another nice venue that felt grown up and less theme parkish. Dotn worry though, I'd feel totally comfortable bringing my kids.

We stayed at CSR and ate several breakfasts and a couple of dinners at El Mercado. My husband loves the omelets. The burger was good. Not amazing but decent. Breakfast food like Mickey Waffles and bacon were fine.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! We are going in July without kids, so I'm trying to decide on dining now. :)
We love The Nomad Lounge. It is now our favorite place to have a quite drink & small plate of food away from the crowds.
The bread service is delicious & fills that gap between meals.

We love The Nomad Lounge. It is now our favorite place to have a quite drink & small plate of food away from the crowds.
The bread service is delicious & fills that gap between meals.
Totally agree with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter