• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few changes on Disney Wonder

abuck75

Mouseketeer
Both ”Based on customer feedback”, they will be moving the pirate show to 7:30, so plan Palo reservations accordingly.

In addition, they are running each main theater show twice on this seven night cruise and a movie one night. Variety acts in Azure.

Is this fireworks change permanent for all Wonder cruises going forward?

I was just going to ask the same - what time are the fireworks on pirate night now?

Both ”Based on customer feedback”, they will be moving the pirate show to 7:30, so plan Palo reservations accordingly.

In addition, they are running each main theater show twice on this seven night cruise and a movie one night. Variety acts in Azure.
Yuck, I hate this. On our Carnival cruise they only had 2 shows and they were on 3X each on our 5 night cruise. Doesn't give a lot of variety for what to see (live show-wise).

It's been like this for a while over a year The shows at 730 and the fireworks at 8. Same on the Magic.

We were told by crew on the 2016 Wonder Southern that the move to fireworks at 8pm was in response to families requesting they be earlier because of small children. We had second seating, which meant we were late for dinner and it felt very rushed...I can only imagine now the first seating may feel this way. I know that you can't please everyone. We were on the Wonder 1/28 and 2/4/18... the show and fireworks were after both seatings in the dining room as they had been prior to our 2016 sailing...fireworks went off around 10:20 or so. The decks were filled.

We were told by crew on the 2016 Wonder Southern that the move to fireworks at 8pm was in response to families requesting they be earlier because of small children. We had second seating, which meant we were late for dinner and it felt very rushed...I can only imagine now the first seating may feel this way. I know that you can't please everyone. We were on the Wonder 1/28 and 2/4/18... the show and fireworks were after both seatings in the dining room as they had been prior to our 2016 sailing...fireworks went off around 10:20 or so. The decks were filled.
I hope it’s this way for the WBPC. Figuring at most about 300 kids on our cruise, our 7-10 year olds stay up late on vacation and holidays.

Any earlier seems to be a waste.

It's been like this for a while over a year The shows at 730 and the fireworks at 8. Same on the Magic.
We just got off the magic and the pirate show was at 10pm. There were many young children there (including my DD6). Having it two hours earlier would be most welcome by me.

We just got off the magic and the pirate show was at 10pm. There were many young children there (including my DD6). Having it two hours earlier would be most welcome by me.

We got off the Wonder a week ago and the pirate night show started at 9:30 with fireworks at 10. I found it too late for my young kids too and would’ve appreciated having it 2 hours earlier. We had early seating dinner and were always finished by 7:15 if not earlier so that seems like a good time.

I do not understand the reason to repeat the shows.
I'm fairly certain it has to do with the new shows. When a ship gets a new show EVERYONE want to see it (often multiple times on the same cruise). Causing issues with people not being able to actually get in to see a show.

On the Dream, they started running Beauty & the Beast, they did some cruises where one of the other shows was replaced with Beauty & the Beast (4 total shows during the cruise).

Solution - double up on on showings of all the shows. It saves on individual entertainer costs, also.

Still don't like it.

I'm hoping it remains a 9:30 start to allow everyone the opportunity to enjoy the show and fireworks without feeling rushed at dinner. It occurs to me, based on observation and my own experience as a parent of young children, that while on vacation most families seem more relaxed in their schedules....I see and hear kids about on the decks, clubs and hallways well after 11pm...even infants. I don't understand how DCL picks and chooses what timeframe to use since it seems they are all over the board on this one.

Edited to add: on our last cruises, there was not enough room in Azure for the adult shows at 9:30 or later...they were having to live stream into an overflow area for two of the scheduled shows. Not exactly the same experience as being in the house but we appreciated CD Natalie trying. It's always hit or miss..sometimes the adult areas are empty, sometimes they are packed and we found by 11:30 they were a ghost town...lol!

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain it has to do with the new shows. When a ship gets a new show EVERYONE want to see it (often multiple times on the same cruise). Causing issues with people not being able to actually get in to see a show.

On the Dream, they started running Beauty & the Beast, they did some cruises where one of the other shows was replaced with Beauty & the Beast (4 total shows during the cruise).

Solution - double up on on showings of all the shows. It saves on individual entertainer costs, also.

Still don't like it.
Do we know if this is for sailings of 7 days or more? We had no shows doubled up on our 5 night on the magic. We did have MDAS so that may have altered the schedule .

Do we know if this is for sailings of 7 days or more? We had no shows doubled up on our 5 night on the magic. We did have MDAS so that may have altered the schedule .
Only know that the original post referred to information being sent to Wonder cruisers on 7 night cruises. Don't know how it (or even IF) affects any other ship/itinerary.

Did you get this info in an email? We leave on the Wonder next Sunday(March 4) for a 7night and haven't received any of this news from Disney.

Did you get this info in an email? We leave on the Wonder next Sunday(March 4) for a 7night and haven't received any of this news from Disney.
I don't think they would send out emails about this. They usually change shows and movies at will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter