A Disney Ship coming to Australia ?

They will need 2-3 weeks of dry dock in October - which I assume will happen near Victoria?

- Sep 19 is Wonder's last sailing date. If we add three weeks to it, it takes us to Oct 10.
- Cue a 10-day Hawaii sailing, which take us to Oct 20
- 10 days to Papeete in French Polynesia if they want to hit some of the islands, and then 10-12 days to Australia with stops in Fiji and elsewhere in South Pacific
- Or one long repositioning cruise (14 to 15 days) to Sydney if they want to do one sailing

Is it just going to keep going back and forth from Sydney to Honolulu then? Or will the permanent itinaries stay closer to Australia?

Is it just going to keep going back and forth from Sydney to Honolulu then? Or will the permanent itinaries stay closer to Australia?
The main itineraries will be Australia/New Zealand but we don’t know any specifics beyond what people have sussed out looking at port schedules which is how we knew about Aus in the first place.

It will have its home port in Sydney and sail Australia with approximately several weeks to New Zealand and back. DCL is entering the Australian market to appeal to Aussie guests. The itineraries are shorter generally speaking and won't appeal to the US cruiser. They want new guests to dip their toe in and introduce the product.

I see the itinerary for Hawaii and South Pacific, but not New Zealand. Did they post the itinerary for that?

I see the itinerary for Hawaii and South Pacific, but not New Zealand. Did they post the itinerary for that?
The Australian/NZ itineraries were not yet released. I imagine they're going to have to time this alongside an Australian release in Australian dollars as this is going to be the bulk of their trade. Advertising and awareness in Australia needs to gear up. I imagine that will occur over the next week locally.

It’s weird that the Wonder gets back to Vancouver in mid March. That’s way too early for Alaska.

I wonder if they’ll have her go down to SD for a couple of months.
Yes I wonder (no pun intended ) this too. I live in Vancouver and would NOT want to cruise from here in March 😜

I am so excited by this and cruising out of Brisbane, my home town on the Wonder will be so exciting!

The Disney Wonder will embark on these “Disney Magic at Sea” cruises through February 2024, ranging from two to six nights and departing from four home ports: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, Australia; and Auckland, New Zealand.“Disney Magic at Sea” bookings open September 29 for Australia and New Zealand and repositioning sailings open October 6 for the general public.

Disney won't have any issues getting us Aussies on the Wonder! Aussies love cruising and more importantly love Disney - so a match made in heaven even if it is only for a short time. The only issue will be the price for most people. Having already sailed 3 times with Disney (1 * Dream and 2 * Wonder), I know that it is expensive, but totally worth every cent!

I am so excited by this and cruising out of Brisbane, my home town on the Wonder will be so exciting!

The Disney Wonder will embark on these “Disney Magic at Sea” cruises through February 2024, ranging from two to six nights and departing from four home ports: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, Australia; and Auckland, New Zealand.“Disney Magic at Sea” bookings open September 29 for Australia and New Zealand and repositioning sailings open October 6 for the general public.

Disney won't have any issues getting us Aussies on the Wonder! Aussies love cruising and more importantly love Disney - so a match made in heaven even if it is only for a short time. The only issue will be the price for most people. Having already sailed 3 times with Disney (1 * Dream and 2 * Wonder), I know that it is expensive, but totally worth every cent!

Do you know if it will will be going to any other ports in Australia or NZ?

It’s weird that the Wonder gets back to Vancouver in mid March. That’s way too early for Alaska.

Probably because they still have to fulfill the San Diego port contract. Magic will take care of it in the fall, but the spring sailings still need to be covered. I'm assuming there will be a Pacific coastal cruise in early March and then back in May.

Any chance they would do a couple of back and forths to Hawaii before the Alaska season starts up? We’d love to do one but kids are always in school and we can’t pull them. Would be great if we could do a Hawaii sailing over March Break!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter