A Disney Honeymoon Looking for Fun & Furry Friends ~ May 6-13, 2014 UPDATED: 8-13

dramadrew

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! I've taken forever to start this thread as I want it to be easy to access for readers. I still need to learn some stuff, like linking to specific posts, but I might as well start somewhere!

CAST OF CHARACTERS:​

P1240683 by ak82984, on Flickr
Andrew (Review writer)
Occupation: Assistant Front Desk Manager at a Homewood Suites hotel.
Past Disney Trips: 1991 (MK, EP, MGM) & 2001 (EP & HS)
Disney Friends to meet: Eeyore, White Rabbit, Tremaine Family, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Meeko, Clarabelle Cow & Mr. Penguin.

P1240677 by ak82984, on Flickr
Ryan (DH)
Occupation: Health & Beauty Team Leader at Wegmans grocery store.
Past Disney Trips: NONE
Disney Friends to meet: Everyone, including ones no longer in the park.

P1200973 by ak82984, on Flickr

I hope you all enjoy and some people decide to follow along.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Pre-Arrival/Misc.:
Honeymoon Itinerary
Andrew's Childhood Memories of WDW
List of Disney Characters We Met

Day 1 (May 6, 2014): Magic Kingdom & Epcot
Arrival Day - MK
Arrival Day - EP
Where the heck is our room?!!!

Day 2 (May 7, 2014): Magic Kingdom
Stampede to Belle
Part of Your World & Quick Standbys
Rumbly in my Tumbly
Important Dates
Paging Mr. Tom Morrow!
The Land of Adventures
Where's Your Mickey Ears??
Winding Down the Night
Chat Time with the Princesses

Day 3 (May 8, 2014): Epcot
Breakfast with the English Chaps/Ladies
FW Attractions & Beverly
Italy Interlude
The Great Wall is not the only barrier to block you from China...
Finishing up the World Showcase
A Shared View of the Fish
Pool Time

Day 4 (May 9, 2014): Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios
We're Here and the Memory Card is Full!
Exploring Asia
Characterpalooza!
Sci Fi Diner & Fantasmic

Day 5 (May 10, 2014): Magic Kingdom & Downtown Disney
A Palace in the 100 Acres Woods
Waiting for Anna & Elsa Under 10 Minutes
Goofy, Donald, Daisy & Minnie
Marrying Kings; Joining the Tremaine Family
The Lands to the Left
Under the Sea is the Place to Be!
Wrapping it Up on Main Street
Downtown Disney & Night at CSR

Day 6 (May 11, 2014): Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom
Who Misses a TSM FP?!
An Affair with Betty Shambles
Finishing Up HS
Tail End of the Parade
BOG Dinner
Using FP at MK
Main Street Electrical Parade
Goodbye Castle!

Day 7 (May 12, 2014): Animal Kingdom & Sanaa Restaurant
Meeting Furry & Fun Friends
Dance-a-palooza
Finding Nemo
Reactions to Restaurants
Birds, Birds, Birds!
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade Part 1 Part 2
BUGS...AHHH!!!
I hope you all like giraffes...
Dinner at Sanaa, Drinks at Victoria Falls Lounge

Day 8 (May 13, 2014): Epcot
Ending with Epcot
Now it's time to say goodbye...

Seven Days and Eight Nights! I, Andrew, have been planning for months. The past couple of months have been extreme as I spend every free moment looking up Disney stuff. We are in the process of moving to another apartment, one we need to move into on June 1st. But I'm being neglectful and still focusing on Disney. At least I'll have some nice souvenirs when we're living on the streets. :rotfl:

Day 1: Tuesday, May 6
6:15 AM: Flight out of BWI airport.
8:30 AM: Arrival at the Orlando airport, hop on the Magical Express and check into Coronado Springs.
10 (ish) AM: Arrive at MK. Get special occasion buttons and Mickey ears. Our first ride will most likely be something iconic like Dumbo or it's a small world.
12:10 PM: Start time for the Under the Sea fast pass. If the line is not long, we'll try to meet Ariel in her grotto afterwards.
1:10 PM: Start time for Big Thunder Mountain fastpass.
2:25 PM: Start time for Buzz Lightyear fastpass.
3:00 PM: Festival on Fantasy Parade!
5 (ish) PM: Start to head over to Epcot. When there, explore the World showcase.
7 PM: Dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh.
9 PM: Illuminations.

Day 2: Wednesday, May 7
8 AM: Around this time, we hop on a bus for MK. Participate in RD and watch the Welcome Show.
8:50 AM: Power walk to Fantasyland to be in the first group of Enchanted Story Times with Belle. Although I would love for us to be both chosen for parts, someone needs to take photos and my DH loves this movie. I told him he must audition for the part of the Wardrobe and make the loudest, funniest scream.
9:30 AM: Open availability for low wait time Fantasyland rides.
11:05 AM: Start time for Adventures of Pooh fastpass.
12:15 PM: Start time for Peter Pan.
1:15 PM: Lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant.
2-3:30 PM: In the air. Most likely incorporating low key attractions like the People Mover.
3:30 PM: Start time for Space Mountain. We may do this at the end of the time window as we may be able to access some popular rides as people watch the parade.
3:45 PM-Evening: Up the air, dinner at a counter service restaurant.
9:45 PM: Celebrate the Magic
10 PM: Wishes

Day 3: Thursday, May 8
7 AM: Catch a bus to the monorail. Take it to the Grand Floridian hotel.
8 AM: Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.
10 (ish) AM: Arrive at Epcot.
11:20 AM: Start of Soarin' fastpass.
12:25 PM: Start of Spaceship Earth fastpass.
1:25 PM: Start of Turtle Talk with Crush fastpass.
2 PM-6:50 PM: Explore the park. Probably in between fastpasses we'll try to access some of the less popular rides in Future World. We'll also try the Beverly!
7 PM: Dinner at Coral Reef Restaurant.
8 PM: We may call it a night early or stick around for Illuminations again.

Day 4: Friday, May 9
8:00 AM: Hop on the bus for AK.
8:50 AM: Head over to Killmanjaro Safari.
9:10 AM: Start time for Killmanjaro Safari fastpass.
9:40 AM: If enough time, attempt to explore Pangani Forest Trail.
10:10 AM: Start time for Expedition Everest.
10:20 AM: Explore Maharajah Jungle Trek. Perhaps try to meet some characters in the near by area.
12:40 PM: Start time for Kali River Rapids fastpass.
1:00 PM: Explore other areas of the park, meet characters, etc.
3:30 PM: Take a bus to HS.
4:30 PM: Time pending, will know closer to trip - Characterpalooza.
6:45 PM: Dinner at Sci Fi Diner.
7:45 PM: Explore HS and try to catch some attractions.
9:00 PM: Fantasmic.

Day 5: Saturday, May 10
7 AM: Catch a bus to MK.
7:50 AM: Explore Main Street and enjoy the emptiness of the park.
8:05 AM: Breakfast at Crystal Palace.
9:30 AM-11 AM: Up in the air.
11:00 AM: Start time for Jungle Cruise fastpass.
1:05 PM: Start time for Haunted Mansion fastpass (would like to switch this when Mine Train FP+ is available).
2:05 PM: Start of Splash Mountain fastpass.
3:00-4:00 PM: Head to a nearby resort and catch a bus to Downtown Disney.
Rest of Day: Downtown Disney.

Day 6: Sunday, May 11
8 AM: Take a bus to HS.
8:50 AM: Enter park and head to Rockin' Rollercoaster.
10:10 AM: Start time for Toy Story Mania fastpass.
11:10 AM: Start time for Tower of Terror fastpass.
1:30 PM: Start time for Great Movie Ride fastpass.
2 PM-4 PM: Between fastpasses and the during this timeframe, we will catch the remainder of shows and attractions we'd like to see.
4 PM: Take a bus to MK.
5:10 PM: Dinner at Be Our Guest & meet the Beast.
9 PM: Main Street Electric Parade.
9:30 PM-1 AM: Take advantage of Wishes times and later times when crowds clear out to catch any rides we've missed or want to do again.

Day 7: Monday, May 12
7 AM: Take bus to AK.
8 AM: EMH at AK.
8:05 AM: Most likely will try to do Killmanjaro Safari again.
9:30 AM: Start time for Expedition Everest fastpass.
10:30 AM: Start time for Dinosaur fastpass.
11:30 AM: Dinoland Dance Party.
12:20 PM: Start time for Killmanjaro Safari fastpass.
3:45 PM: Jammin' Jungle Parade.
4:00-5:00 PM: Finding Nemo show.
6 PM: Take bus to Sanaa Restaurant.
7 PM: Dinner at Sanaa Restaurant.

Day 8, Tuesday, May 13
7 AM: Take bus to EP.
8 AM: Power walk to Test Track.
8:30 AM-10 AM: Catch rides we missed or want to do again.
10:10 AM: Start time for Mission Space fastpass.
11:10 AM: Start time for Finding Nemo fastpass.
12:10 PM: Start time for Maelstrom fastpass.
Afternoon: Take bus back to Coronado Springs and take Magical Express to airport.
6:15 PM: Fly back to BWI airport.

I have more memories from my first trip in 1991 than I do from my 2001 trip. Here are the random memories that I have:

Magic Kingdom:

* Two of the first characters my family met were Snow White & Dopey.
* Until recently, I was under the illusion Snow White's Scary Adventure was on Main Street before you go to the castle. However, this was one of our first rides and I was scared by the end. I am not sure if this is accurate, but I feel like the witch was above us and popped out at the end.
* I loved cows when I was a boy. It was a delight to see Minnie cow, the cow with the Mickey head shaped spot. At the time, she also had a calf, who was brown. ...Maybe it wasn't hers.
* Did they used to have a Beauty and the Beast restaurant? I feel like it was set in Belle's cottage. Anyway, I got a peanut butter and banana sandwich there. Afterwards, I saw a great Beast stuff animal, but he cost $50. We later found a smaller version outside the park, months later, for $20.
* Splash Mountain was closed when we went. It was disappointing and it's one of the rides I anticipate the most to ride on for this trip.
* Haunted Mansion is one of the few rides I remember going on.
* I remember the Main Street Electric Parade, unless it was called something different at the time.
* Either King John or the Sheriff of Nottingham refused to come sign our autograph books.

Epcot:
* We wanted to take a picture with Donald in Mexico. An old man refused to leave his side. I feel he wanted a picture taken with him before he left, but I'm not sure of his logic as we did not send him a copy. Perhaps he just did not want to leave his side.
* Daisy Duck was one of the characters I wanted to meet the most and I saw her walking around the World Showcase. Her outfit looked like she belonged in Norway or Germany.
* I have vague memories of Journey into Imagination with Figment.
* 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was the ride then before Nemo came along. I remember viewing the aquariums after the ride and it was my first time seeing a manatee. That's where my love for these creatures all started.

MGM Studios:
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were roaming around the park. I got a picture with my favorite one, Raphael.
* I must have went into the Animation Studios because I remember seeing artwork from Beauty and the Beast.
* I remember watching the Beauty and the Beast stage show and Hunchback in 2001.

Joining in! I love your grumpy owl pic!!!

Oh my goodness! That is quite an itinerary! I'm tired just looking at it! lol. Wish I had the stamina to do that myself. Looks like it will be a fantastic trip!

Wait?! Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles at MGM? That would be so awesome and amazing!! I was a huge fan when I was kid, infact it was on a trip to Florida when the first movie came out and we went to see it. If you have that pic with Raphael I think you should post it!! :goodvibes

Looking forward to more planning!

The trip is over! I will try my best to get a full review completed within the next couple of months. It was jammed packed so I am sure it will be full of details.

Some highlights:
* Meeting Eeyore at Crystal Palace & Alice, Mary Poppins, and the Mad Hatter at 1900 Park Fare.
* Getting out of Crystal Palace before rope drop and being about 5th in line to meet Anna and Elsa.
* The interaction with the Tremaine family and double proposals. Also the fabulous woman behind us who took many photos of it!
* Meeting favorites characters like the White Rabbit and Meeko.
* Characterpalooza with the Evil Queen, Mulan, Genie, Minnie Mouse, and Captain Hook.
* Tryout character training at Epcot and meeting Mr. Smee and Pluto.
* Watching Festival of Fantasy one and half times - once from Main Street and the last time from the front railroad platform.
* Front corner seats for the Main Street Electric Parade and second row for Fantasmic.
* Aquarium seating at Coral Reef and almost near the windows for Sanaa.
* Giraffes walking around our truck at Kilmanjaro Safari.
* Doing 85% of MK attractions in one day with multiple fast passes.
* Meals at BOG.

And so much more!

I have you moved. I have been to WDW numerous times and you guys did numerous things I never heard of. Looking forward to your report.

It's hard to continue on when I have been working the past couple of days and my notes and photos to remind me the order of events are at home. But for fun I'll compose a list of all the characters we met and their locations.

Aladdin (Morocco - EP)
Alice (1900 Park Fare)
Anastasia (MK)
Anna (MK)
Aurora (two different ones - MK)
Baloo (AK)
Beast (BOG -MK)
Belle (MK)
Betty Shambles (HS)
Captain Hook (HS)
Cinderella (MK)
Daisy (MK & AK)
Drizella (MK)
Donald (Mexico - EP, MK & AK)
Eeyore (Crystal Palace - MK)
Elsa (MK)
Evil Queen (HS)
Genie (HS)
Goofy (MK & EP)
Jasmine (Morocco - EP)
King Louie (AK)
Lady Tremaine (MK - quickly talked to second one to wish her a happy mother's day)
Mad Hatter (1900 Park Fare)
Mary Poppins (1900 Park Fare)
Meeko (AK)
Mickey (MK, EP, AK)
Minnie (MK, EP, HS, AK)
Mr. Smee (Epcot)
Mulan (HS)
Piglet (Crystal Palace - MK)
Pocahontas (AK - more of the picture taker for DH)
Pooh (Crystal Palace & 1900 Park Fare)
Rafiki (AK)
Rapunzel (MK)
Snow White (MK)
Tigger (1900 Park Fare)
White Rabbit (MK)

The night before we booked a hotel near the airport. We had an early flight and expected to have a full day ahead of us. We needed all the sleep we could get! The airport was not crowded and we got through security quickly. The plane was not that full either and we got into Orlando early. However, because of the early time, they had no one at the gate to connect the tunnel to the front of the plane. Once that was sorted out we eventually found Magical Express and used our magic bands for the first time. It took awhile for them to load the bus, I think they wanted it mostly full. We enjoyed the Disney entertainment along the way.

We checked into the Coronado Springs resort and our room was ready. My DH wanted a room in the Casitas buildings, but we got assigned to the Ranchos. I expected it may happen as we bookrd a standard two queen room. Most rooms in Casitas are preferred king bed rooms. So we were not upgraded, but they did give us a voucher for two free glasses of champagne. We checked out our room and were on our way to the MK.

We arrived a little over an hour from opening, but the park was already bustling with people. It seemed like one of the busiest days on our trip or perhaps we just got immune to the crowds later on. What a sight to see; the castle right in front of you and Pluto and Marie in the front to greet visitors. We went straight to the Emporium to try to find Mickey ears. The pair I was interested was the Mickeys red pants bottoms. They did not have them so I went next door to the shop who stitches your name on the hats. I found a pair there and opted not to put my name on it until later in the trip. Unfortunately when they did that, they messed up and had to get me a new hat. No big deal since it was the same one and free, but still I was sentimental to the first one. My DH went back to the Emporium and got the Mickey Sorceror ears.

We're Here!

At the Magic Kingdom by ak82984, on Flickr

Our first fastpass to Under the Sea was not for a couple more hours so we went and explored the new Fantasyland. I believe at one point we spotted the Tremaine Family, but their line was already cut off before their break so we decided to try to catch them another time. The wait time for It's a Small World was not long so we decided to do that. We wanted our first ride to be something iconic like that or Dumbo. The ride was as I remembered it and it was a fun treat to travel to different countries.

A sight to view while in line.

It's a Small World by ak82984, on Flickr

We decided to eat lunch and make the mistake of going during prime hour. We went to Peco Bills and it was a mad house! It was our first time using our dining plan and then we discovered we had to put in a four digit pin number. Um what? We set this up months ago with our TA, but could we remember what it was?? We tried birthdays and luckily I suggested our wedding date and it worked. Crisis adverted! I got the taco salad and my DH got a burger and fries. The taco bowl was pretty good, but something was weird about it at the end of the meal. None the less, it hit the spot.

Hey girl!

Hey Girl! by ak82984, on Flickr

We headed to our first fastpass - Under the Sea. We still had time so we walked over to the Big Top area and looked around. We took some pictures of the castles and Ariel on the boat. When we got in line, we had no problems and the wait was short. I tried taking some photos, but it was hard with the lighting and not knowing what was coming ahead.

Come in, come in child!

Ursula by ak82984, on Flickr

I enjoyed the ride and the scenes they selected. We walked to Ariel's grotto to see what the wait time was to meet her but it was over 30 minutes. We decided to meet her another time.

I am having a hard time remembering what we did during the time before our second fastpass so lets fast forward to around 1:10 PM when we rode Big Thunder Mountain. Now this is where I noticed how Disney lines can be deceiving. You see a throng of people for fastpass and no one at the end of the standby line. However, the queues are long and by the time you get to the end you see you move forward and the stand bys wait in line. It was exciting to go on this ride as I rode it as a kid, but I couldn't remember much. It was a nice rollercoaster and I know Disney rides can be short so two times when I expected it to end and it didn't, I was surprised.

We eventually went to Tomorrowland and checked out that section. DH wanted to do Stitch, but it was about 20 minutes before our last fastpass and a ten minute wait. So I advised we save it for another time. Our third fastpass was at 2:25 PM and we had to get back in line as we strolled up to check point at 2:18 and they wouldn't accept us coming in that early. I was disappointed with Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger. I could never tell where I was aiming at and we both did not do very well. We both hoped TSM would be better as everyone raves about that.

It was around 2:40 PM and it was time to secure a spot for the parade. DH wanted to be on Main Street so we went down it and he kept going farther until we were across the street from the Emporium. I believe he was under the illusion the parade came from the front of the park, but in the reality it's in reverse. So we were antsy when it was past 3 PM and we did not see or hear anything. We were by a couple who must have been enjoying their vacation as they bought two ice cream treats, a bottle of water, and one of those fan misters in a 10 minute frame.

It's here!

Festival of Fantasy by ak82984, on Flickr

When the parade did come, it was beautiful. Very nice to see all the costumes up close and beloved characters.

Anna & Elsa's platform turned in our direction right when they got to us, which was pretty neat.

Ariel!

Peter Pan Crew

I went to high school with this Crook!

The dragon also spit out fire in front of us.

We went into the Emporium afterwards to cut to City Hall to get our names on our "Happily Ever After" buttons. The parade route still blocked us, but I enjoyed seeing the end of it again.

We were going to head out soon to Epcot, but wanted to wait since a lot of people would leave after the parade. We decided to meet talking Mickey in Town Square Theater since it was only a 10 minute wait. We beat most of the crowd, but it was really more of a 20-25 minute wait. It was a neat experience and he was saying things different than what I saw in videos. I was sure he was going to show us a magic trick. It was cute before us when they would say, "Cheese" for a picture he said specific cheeses, like, "Say Gouda!" So when it was our chance to do it we asked Mickey, "What cheese should we say when we pose?" Stumped he said, "Haha, I don't know!" Oh I just remembered he loved our ears and said we must be his long lost cousins. The CM then said, "Yes Mickey your cousins just got married!" Cute, but also funny if heard out of context! Mickey also went to other parts of the room saying, "Can you hear me now?" Eventually DH said, "Are we in a Verizon commercial?" He was commenting on us having good hearing because of the ears.

mickey2 by ak82984, on Flickr

mickey by ak82984, on Flickr

After that we were going to go on the express monorail for the TTC. Unfortunately it was shut down for the time being so we took a leisurely ride across the lagoon to the TTC station. Soon we would be on our way to Epcot...

I enjoyed the ride into Epcot as the monorail circles around Spaceship Earth before it makes its stop. Arriving in late afternoon, getting through the entrance was a breeze.

Epcot by ak82984, on Flickr

Once inside, we decided we had to find a fastpass kiosk to see if we could obtain our fourth fast pass. Do to tiering, we did not have a FP scheduled for Test Track and figured we had to get to that ride at opening on our last day. Well, they still had a fastpass available and right before our dinner reservation.

There's always time for a pose!

We walked around Future World for a bit and then ventured into the World Showcase and watched the film in Canada. Basically that is the only thing to do in the country unless you want to eat at their restaurant. When the time came around we got in 5 minutes early. TT was awesome and my favorite ride at Epcot. My DH enjoyed designing a car during the queue. It was a fun, fast paced ride.

It was around 6:40 PM when we got out and we headed to Morocco to Restaurant Marrakesh. DH decided to take the long way and instead and started through Mexico. We did get there in time and it was nice to see all the countries.

Exterior

Interior

We did not have much of a long wait to be seated and we were off to the side near the central dance floor. They were playing music and there was a bellydancer. I do not remember what my DH got to eat, but I had the lemon chicken. It was good for the most part, but I prefer boneless chicken so I was annoyed having to eat around the bones. My mistake of course! The desserts were tasty and I got the baklava trio. I was surprised to see children in this restaurant as I expected it to be more for couples, but I soon discovered kids were everywhere.

When we got out of dinner, we explored the shops in Morocco. The scents were amazing and such nice little treasures. It was a beautiful time to take photos as it was hitting twilight.

We eventually went back and found a spot for Illuminations right past Japan. I remember being near the Pumba and Timon garden show display. Illuminations was an interesting display, but not one of my favorite closing shows.

DH was tired at this point so it was nice we could get out of a park at 9:30 PM. We had a busy day ahead of us - full day at MK!

I really am not a morning person and no matter how much I sleep, I'm usually still tired in the morning. However, when you're at Disney, you have something to look forward to do! So I was always up before the alarm and waiting to go. We got around and I think we were so early that we got to MK a little after 8 AM. We veered off to the left since I heard most people like to go in from the right. But because of the angle, it was very hard to see the morning show. But do you see the show or do you get a good spot to get into the park? I've seen a video of the show before so I was going to get a head start in the park.

Oh the fears I had for this rope drop! I had to meet Belle first thing since we did not have a fastpass for her. I know hundreds would flock to the other royalty, Anna and Elsa, but they were in my way to get to Belle! Around 8:30 AM the staff explained that all guests would be behind a rope and following them until we got through the castle. Sidewalks were also blocked off with lines of CMs so no one could get pass them. I loved this system and didn't feel I would get trampled over or need to rush to beat everyone. The path to fantasyland entails that you go around the carousel, no one can just veer off to the right to get to Princess Fairytale Hall. So when I had to cross diagonally to get to Enchanted Times with Belle, I crossing into the stampede to Anna and Elsa. So yes, I got trampled over and almost hit by two strollers. No injuries occurred and we made it into the first group to meet Belle and the gang.

The cottage is beautiful and I appreciate all the little details. I love seeing how the mirror transforms into a door to the castle. We were mostly in a group of families with young children. It was time for parts to be given. I think my DH wanted to be the Beast at one point, but I said they'd give that to a cute little boy or girl. Also, I couldn't participate because I had to take photos of him and especially one with him and Belle. If I auditioned, I said I would love to be the Wardrobe. So I made sure he tried out for that part with a loud AHHHH!!! We even half attempted the other roles so we were not chosen. Although DH was obviously the loudest and most animated, I did not see the CM look in his direction. I feared a random kid would get it. But he got it!!

La Madame Herself

I love the work that went into the Wardrobe and Lumiere. It was amazing and effortless to see them talk. Belle wasn't played by the greatest actress, but she was still animated and beautiful. When DH finally met her, he gave her the imfamous AHHH and she laughed. It was a magical experience.

Belle and Lumiere Interact

Belle & Ryan
belle by ak82984, on Flickr

belle_ryan_laughing by ak82984, on Flickr

So we met Belle. Could we meet another Disney princess? We walked by Ariel's grotto for her wait time and it was only 10 minutes. So in we went to go under the sea. My DH spoke with the CM at the front of the line and asked if she enjoyed working here. She said she did, but she would eventually like work at Hollywood Studios. She said there was some attractions she never want to work because the illusion would be destroyed. Like the lights turned on at Space Mountain.

We were finally led to one of the rooms to meet Ariel and I was surprised that we had no wait. We were able to greet her the second we came in. She was very beautiful and had gorgeous eyes. I loved her hair accessory and she said Flounder found it for her this morning. She said he would have to get six more...for her sisters! As planned my DH said he had a special talent and he could also sing. So then he started singing "Part of your World" and she looked back at me with a huge smile like, "Is this happening?" She said he had a beautiful voice and was glad he sang to her.

arielhead by ak82984, on Flickr

ariel by ak82984, on Flickr

ariel2 by ak82984, on Flickr

arielsinging by ak82984, on Flickr

arielsing by ak82984, on Flickr

arieltrio by ak82984, on Flickr

We got our pictures taken and we were on our way. We went straight to Dumbo and it only had about a 10 minute wait. We did not wait too long to get on. It was a fun experience.

WEEEEEEEE!!!

We also hopped on the Barnstormer that didn't have much of a wait either. It was a quick ride, but once again, still fun to ride. We walked by the Splash area and I took photos of the critters in their crates.

We walked to a section of Fantasyland we did not venture into the day before and I was itching to see; Mad Tea Party.

I checked on the White Rabbit and he was out with Alice, but the line was long. So we decided to ride MTP and try to see what the line looked like afterwards. I was very happy I did not get sick on this ride! I took motion sickness pills, but I was still certain something would happen. My DH was playing around and trying to spin the cup around and around. He didn't do it constantly so that probably helped me out. When we got off the ride we got in line to meet the White Rabbit -- Alice was on break. However half way through the line he went to take a break himself. We would have to come another time!

We ventured into Liberty Square to check on the wait time for Haunted Mansion. We had a FP available for it later in the week, but it's a ride worth doing twice. There was a 10 minute wait time, but we scooted through the line and weren't even escorted through the interactive queue. Oh to be in the dark room with the expanding pictures and hear the voice of Paul Frees. Some of you may recall his voice from other works -- he did a lot of voice work for Christmas claymation movies! The ride did get stuck for a minute, or perhaps they were loading an accessible guest on. But it's definitely a ride I don't mind getting stuck on. I didn't attempt to take photos with the dark lighting plus I wanted to enjoy it all the first time. Scenes came back to me like the ballroom and the starving dog. At the end one of the hitchhiking ghosts switched our heads around on the other's body. I really liked that trick. We both agree that this is one of our favorite rides.

I walked down what I candidly call the poop canal. If you notice the brown lane on the pavement in Liberty Square it is supposed to represent the waste people would throw out their windows. You will also notice there are no bathrooms in this section of the park because they weren't invented during that time.

Gross! This place has gone downhill!

We went into the Christmas store. There was quite a few Christmas ornaments I like, but like most Christmas shops I'd go into, there wasn't a must have item. We headed back to the castle and caught the end of the Dreams show when Donald is a pirate and then Malificent comes out.

Chillin' Like a Villian...

Hooray!

Funny how these two can be face or fur characters. I think I like the fur characters better!

Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in...

A Happy Disney Ending!

UP NEXT: Lefou Brew and Winnie the Pooh!

Following from Facebook! Looks like you had a blast together! I love it! Can't wait to see more pictures

Congrats to you both! Loved the pics you've posted so far - esp of the parade. Can't wait to see more!

Congrats on your wedding! I'm enjoying reading along. I've subbed and look forward to reading about the rest and to the pictures once you've edited, etc.

I got a kick out of DH singing to Ariel! Those sort of memories are the best!

Congratulations to you both!! loving your pics on FB "May" travellers.. ( Karen Miller) so I had to hop over here to your trip report!! It looks like you had an awesome honeymoon :)

Following you over from my TR!! ;)

Looks like we were there at the same time! Our dates were May 5th-9th, and from your plans & dates, we were at Epcot & MK on the same days! (we probably secretly passed each other along the way and didn't know it..:lmao: )

Great parade pics, and can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

Following along! Loved all the pictures over on Facebook! You guys met a TON of characters! And congrats to the two of you on your wedding!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter