A Disney First after 20 years. Christmas with the Mouse!

Callie

Always Dreaming of Disney Magic
Please bear with me, as this is my first ever trip report!
I also am terrible at spelling when typing long amounts. I'm a math brain. ;)

Anyways, our family is finally going to Disney for Christmas!

Dates: December 2nd - 8th.
Hotel : Saratoga Springs

A little background about our family. On this trip with be myself, my sister, Tracie, and our mom, mom. This trip is MUCH needed after what can only be described as not on a very devastating last year and a half, but also one that has resulted in many life changing events.

Things were looking up starting last spring. I was offered an internship at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, a dream come true. At the same time, my sister was battling a mystery disease. It would cause her terrible swelling in all parts of her body. At points, her eyes swelled shut, and she would have trouble breathing. Later that summer, she was finally diagnosed with Hereditary Angioedema. Needless to say, this is what she would look like, along with having swollen feet and hands.

Also last summer, our father, who lives in Florida, suffered a terrible stroke. :worried:

Then the worst news happened. Right after I'd moved home from completing my internship, our dear grandmother passed away. It was the most traumatic, devastating thing in my life. :( She was everything in my life. She was another mother to me. I was a mess. My mom was as well. She ended up taking off a semester of work to cope, and deal with the other parts of a parent passing away.

I also finished college in December!
Then my mother decided to retire from teaching after 40 years in May!
Then I moved 3 hours away for a job offer.

So enough about all that background. We decided to go to Disney for Christmas! We've always wanted to see the decorations, and visit the party. Grandma always use to travel with us to Disney, so I know she will be enjoying it from her view up above! :lovestruc

Here is the cast of characters.
1546368_889963251021550_2381600354988088764_n.jpg

Callie

I'm 23, recent college graduate in Marketing. I currently work in management for a large retail chain. Its rough, but it pays the bills. I ultimately want to find something in my career. I'm also THE crazy cat lady. I love my cat Skittles to death! I'm also an avid sports fan. I love the Colts, and NASCAR. Finally, I'm the planner of the trip. Mom has me do it all.

Tracie
Tracie is my older sister. She is 26, and a former outstanding diver and swimmer. She is currently working in retail, until she finds something else. She is the shy sister, but puts up with my wild ideas. She goes numerous trips with me, and we enjoy concerts together. Also has a cat named Fiona.

Mom
Mom, who's age I won't name, recently retired. She is getting into the retired life quite well. I have no idea how she spends her time, except shopping. She is still finishing up all grandma stuff, as well as our great aunts things. Great Aunt lives in a retirement home now.

Cannot believe it is only 14 days to go! I've already gotten most of my clothing packed. :bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter