A Disney Filled Spring Break-4 Parks & a Magical Cruise! *New 12/11- Completed!*

scrpbookr

DIS Veteran
We've been back from a completely magical spring break for a couple of weeks now. I've been both excited and overwhelmed at the thought of starting a trip report. We were away for a week and I took about 4,000 pictures! My first priority was getting the pictures edited and ordered for the scrapbooking projects. That has been accomplished. I'm still organizing those projects to tackle but I also want to get the trip report started before too much time passes.

We were a trio for this trip. I work at the school my little boy attends and we were on spring break for the week. We invited my mom (Nanny) to join us on this Disney adventure. Although my husband is supportive of my little guy and I getting away on this sort of trip it isn't his idea of a good time so he and our sweet pup, Woody, kept things at home in order.

Here are the three of us along with the wonderful Mickey! My mom (Nanny), my little boy (Reagan) and myself, Brenda....
ry%3D480

Our plans went something like this:
Tuesday - Fly in and spend the evening at Downtown Disney / Check in to Pop Century (My mom drove in from TN / we flew in from PA)
Wednesday - Magic Kingdom
Thursday - Epcot / Flower Show
Friday - Drive to Port Canaveral and board the Disney Magic
Saturday - The ship docked in Nassau, Bahamas/ We enjoyed a day on the ship/ We also delivered our Fish Extender gifts this day
Sunday - Castaway Cay day
Monday - Disembark and head to Disney Hollywood Studios for the day / Check in at All Star Music
Tuesday - Animal Kingdom day and flight home that evening.

In between the day plans I did my best to explore the resorts we were staying in and the closest neighboring resorts as well. It was a full but fun trip! I'm looking forward to sharing it all here!

I'm going to save this spot for a...
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Pre Trip - Part 1 (below)

Pre Trip - Part 2
Flight and Downtown Disney - Part 1
Downtown Disney - Part 2
Everything Pop and Off to Magic Kingdom
Meeting Mickey
Entering New Fantasyland and some time with Belle
Under the Sea in New Fantasyland
Storybook Circus!
Dumbo and Daisy!
Minnie the Magnifique and her Pirouetting Parisian Poodles!
The Great Gofini and Donald the Snake Charmer
From Fantasyland to Frontierland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Reagan's First Time!
Festival of Fantasy Parade
Festival of Fantasy Parade- Part 2 and PotC
More Adventure(land)!
A Fairy Filled Visit!
Tomorrowland
Down the Rabbit Hole to Old Fantasyland
Main Street Electrical Parade
Celebrate the Magic, Wishes and Pooh!
Princess Overload!
Ariel's Grotto and the Happiest Cruise
Haunted Mansion and Saying Goodnight to Magic Kingdom

Art of Animation Resort - Part 1 - Little Mermaid, Lion King, and Nemo Sections
Art of Animation - Part 2 - Cars Section
Art of Animation Resort - Part 3
Epcot Morning!
Epcot is full of character!
The Land

The Butterfly Garden
Some fun for Reagan!
Mexico!
Duffy... Our favorite Disney Bear!

Norway!
China!
Africa!
More World Showcase Fun
Pick-a-Pearl in Japan
France and UK
Pooh and Friends!
Exploring Epcot!
Meeting Figment
Flower and Garden Playgrounds! and Fireworks!
Pop Century in Pictures - Part 1
Pop Century in Pictures - Part 2
From POP to DTD to DCL
Magic Time!
Andy's Room
Sail Away!
Luminere's
A Twice Charmed Evening
A Fish Extender Morning
So Many Princesses!
Poolside! part 1
Poolside! part 2
Quarter Masters and Pirates!
Captain Jack and Animator's Palate Part 1
Animator's Palate Part 2, Peter Pan and Villians Tonight!
Pirate Party!
Ship Tour part 1
Ship Tour part 2
Castaway Cay - Part 1
Castaway Cay - Part 2
Castaway Cay - Part 3
Castaway Cay - Part 4
Pin Trading Dreams
Sea You Real Soon
Hollywood Boulevard and then left
Cute Droids!
It's not easy being green...
Mom! Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence!
Pit Stop and the Streets of America
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
The Great Movie Ride
Mr. I, Frozo, Mickey and more
More Animation Building Fun, Dropping Anchor for a Snack and a Voyage
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
Meeting Minnie!
Fantasmic!
Hollywood Nights
One Man's Dream
All Star Music
All Star Music, Part 2 to All Star Movies
All Star Movies, Part 2
All Star Sports
Animal Kingdom Morning
Safari Time
Exploring Africa
Makin' Muziki with Rafiki!
Nemo the Musical
Real Life Halloween Update
Dinoland USA
Cuteness Overload! Minnie, Mickey, Dug and Russell!
Final Animal Kingdom Entry

I'll start by sharing some pre-trip preparations...

One of the projects I did pre-trip was make these covers for both my camera and my son's camera...
ry%3D480

I found this fabric at JoAnn's and really liked it but wasn't sure what to use it for. Eventually I came up with this idea and then one other that I incorporated into the Fish Extender.
Here is the cover on my son's camera...
ry%3D480

Some of our prep began as far back as December. Here's my sweet boy in his Mickey pjs in December....
ry%3D480

I have a little garland of advent stockings and each day in December leading up to Christmas he received a Disney trading pin to bring along on the trip. This is the stocking garland...
ry%3D480

This was one of the pins...
ry%3D400

For spring break the year prior we made these lanyards as we first tried pin trading. We pulled them back out to add the pins from the advent stockings...
ry%3D480

To prepare for the Fish Extender I also made this set of pockets to use on the cruise....
ry%3D480

Here's the other project I used that fabric for. I made these for all the adult females in our Fish Extender group. I added the Mickey crystals to each pair of sunglasses and then made the sunglass cases....
ry%3D480

I also made these for each stateroom...
ry%3D480

With most cabins we included some trading pins. This was my teenager item in a lot of cases...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We made sure all had these for Pirate night....
ry%3D480

These little barrels of Toy Story monkeys were one of the kiddie items we delivered...
ry%3D480

For the teenage girls I made these little charm necklaces with Tinkerbell and pixie dust...
ry%3D480

Here are some of the door decorations we got ready in advance. These were just printed on cardstock, cut out and then I added self adhesive magnets to the back....
ry%3D480

These are the hats that can be placed around the porthole decoration on the door. I was able to find these on DIS boards and print them on cardstock. I again cut them out and used the self adhesive magnet. This one I also added glitter to the star and moon....
ry%3D480

For pirate night...
ry%3D480

Just because Minnie is a favorite!
ry%3D480

Captain Mickey! Some of these we shared with other cabins in our Fish Extender group...
ry%3D480

This was a printable we delivered to one of our Fish Extender cabins. We added magnets and then just left it on their stateroom door when we delivered their gifts...
ry%3D480

We added this to the same door...
ry%3D480

This was another fun idea we found on DIS boards. A countdown chain!...
ry%3D480

One of the other items I came across in the months leading up to the trip was this fun Land's End tote bag that we used on the trip....
ry%3D480

I'm going to stop here and continue with the pre-trip in the next entry. If you made it through all my pre-trip detail so far you deserve a Mickey bar!

Continuing on with the pre-trip details....

Another one of my projects was making a lanyard to get my Mom started with pin trading. She had no idea we were up to any of this. We surprised her with it early in the trip. I gave her lanyard a bit of a Minnie theme...
ry%3D480

Between starting with pin trading the Spring Break before and then growing his collection during Christmas with the Advent stockings Reagan's little lanyard was getting REALLY full. I have a little pin book on order for him currently that I expect to arrive in the next few days so that he can take some of them off his lanyard and organize them into little collections. I'm doing the same with my pins. Here is Reagan's lanyard...
ry%3D480

And mine... for the most part I had the ones I wanted to trade down on the black Mickey head...
ry%3D480

I found this little cosmetic case at Claires and all three lanyards tucked into it nicely...
ry%3D480

I mentioned scrapbooking in the 1st pre-trip entry. I'm a paper crafter in general. Usually I incorporate most that I do into a scrapbook page or greeting cards. There is a Artist Trading Card community and I decided to make Disney ATCs for future use on scrapbook pages. I had another friend taking a trip just before me so we made Disney ATC's for eachother and traded in the months leading up to our trips. I also made a set of all for my mom, too. I found this cute Mickey binder to store all the Disney Artist Trading Cards in.

ry%3D480

The cards are basically the size of baseball cards and can be created in endless variations. Here are some DCL cards I created...
ry%3D480

And some Franche Lippie artwork. Some like Alice are Disney adaptations...
ry%3D480

UP inspired cards...
ry%3D480

A variety of others...
ry%3D480

Frozen and Brave...
ry%3D480

more Princesses...
ry%3D480

Toy Story...
ry%3D480

Peter Pan and Tinkerbell...
ry%3D480

Lady and the Tramp... That second card will embellish the Sci Fi Drive In scrapbook layout for sure....
ry%3D480

Nemo!
ry%3D480

Dumbo!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I love the Kinkade / Disney artwork and had fun making these ATCs with it...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

All that ATC stuff was a bit of a side track but it was a fun way to spend some of the time waiting for the Disney trip to arrive. We had the January / February long Winter wait going on.

With a resort stay both before and after the cruise we ended up getting two different sets of Magic Bands. It was fun picking out colors and then getting these boxes in the mail.

ry%3D480

This were our sets for both before and after the cruise...
ry%3D480

That's it for the pre-trip details I have photographed in this batch. I'll pick up with the flight and Downtown Disney in the next entry.

We flew out of Philadelphia which is a little over an hour away for us. My DH was kind enough to drive us to the airport which made that especially easy. Once we were checked in we made our way to the US Airways Club Lounge. Along the way Reagan found this Liberty Bell made out of Legos so we stopped for a pic.

ry%3D480

The US Airways Club Lounge is always a nice experience. We aren't members but we do have a US Airways MasterCard and they give us one club pass a year. Drinks and snacks are complimentary and its a very comfortable spot to wait for your flight.

Once settled into the plane Reagan and I played some Olaf's Quest together on his Nintendo DS....
ry%3D480

We did have a bit of a take off delay once on the plane. They had made a door repair that we were waiting for paperwork on. I can't remember how late we were getting in but I think it was about an hour.

My mom had arrived in Orlando a bit earlier in the day and got settled in at Pop Century. She had driven in from TN so was able to drive to the airport to pick us up. We were so excited to see her and start our trip! From there we made our way to Downtown Disney!

Our first stop was Reagan's pick. We checked out the Lego store!
ry%3D480

Reagan and Daddy had watched the Lego Movie together recently and Reagan had this set in mind to get....
ry%3D480

We, of course, had to stop and say hi to Buzz and Woody inside!
ry%3D480

And RC outside....
ry%3D480

We saw Buzz and Woody again outside...
ry%3D480

The Snow White and Seven Dwarf display was new since my last visit to Downtown Disney....
ry%3D480

Reagan and I got a good chuckle about a fellow tourist asking if this was a Minecraft display.
ry%3D480

We made our way past World of Disney and Stich only spit on us a little. He is so naughty!
ry%3D480

Our Dinner destination was Earl of Sandwich. Mom and I both thought a couple of the sandwiches sounded especially good so we got one of each and then shared halves.
ry%3D480

At dinner we gave my mom her new pin trading lanyard. She was cute about it. Pretty excited. We headed over to the pin store after dinner. Here's mom with her new lanyard and starter pins...
ry%3D480

We had fun taking in all the details of the store...
ry%3D480

PINocchio...
ry%3D480

I *heart* Disney details!
ry%3D480

Look at this awesome wall!
ry%3D480

Mom made her first pin trade! Unfortunately the picture is a bit blurry. I must have been so excited that I couldn't stand still....
ry%3D480

I saw this Disney Cruiseline pin picture a few time on the trip. I really liked it but I remember noticing it was more than I'd be willing to pay...
ry%3D480

I picked up this three back of Magic Band decorations for us in the pin store...
ry%3D480

We also stopped in Guest Relations while in Downtown Disney and picked up the Gift Cards that we could fill with the rewards from our Disney Visas. Later in the room we called to do that and it was easy-peazy. I'll stop there and pick up in the next entry with the rest of Downtown Disney and with arriving at Pop Century. It was a good start to the trip! We had arrived at Disney! *squeeeee*

Yay another TR! Can't wait to read all about it! I love all your craft projects, especially the pin lanyards, you are so talented! Sounds like a great start to your DTD evening :goodvibes

Subbing in! I'm new to your TR's but you intrigued me by all of your fabulous projects! I can't wait to read more!!

Our next stop in Downtown Disney was Once Upon a Toy. I had a bit too much fun shopping for Disney related Potato Head parts.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I do remember seeing this display here when Reagan was a baby and I've kept it in mind. It was way better than I remembered though. I think I'll make another stop here when I visit again this summer. I'm sure there are other parts I didn't grab. Reagan hit a wall around this point and NEEDED to get to the hotel. He was tired after a long day of travel so we headed to Pop Century.

Here are some pictures I took of our new goodies once home...
ry%3D480

We had the Potatoes but added the accessories. We filled the box shown there for $19.99.
ry%3D480

Next stop... Pop Century! Look how cute these golf carts are!
ry%3D480

We were in the 50s section....
ry%3D480

First Towel Mickey of the trip! *love*
ry%3D480

One of the two beds...
ry%3D480

YaY for Disney bath products!
ry%3D480

Hidden Mickeys on the wall paper...
ry%3D480

These are the two sets Reagan picked out earlier in the night at the Lego store in Downtown Disney....
ry%3D480

And a clearer picture of the Disney related Potato parts that we picked out.
ry%3D480

These were our pin trades while at Downtown Disney...
ry%3D480

And I took another pic of our three lanyards....
ry%3D480

At this point we just showered, got a bit more settled in and organized for the next day. It was bedtime!

I woke up early the next day and explored Pop Century and Art of Animation. That will be coming up in the next entry....

Thanks! I think I had a bit more fun with this than I should admit to!

So glad you came over to the trip report! Do you have another Disney trip in the works?

We are potentially thinking of one but nothing is set in stone. Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

On our first full day of vacation I was up before my Mom and Reagan. This will become a recurring theme. I just can't sleep in when there is SO MUCH Disney goodness to go and experience!

Once dressed I made my way over to the gift shop at Pop Century.... Everything Pop!...
ry%3D480

I was visiting with a cast member there when the subject of Duffy came up. That's when I got my first dose of Pixie Dust! pixiedust: She offered to let me be the guest of the day to dress Duffy. I about died when she pulled out Duffy's cute little closet! This will be the first of many, many times on this trip that I turn into a 5 year old. I can't help it!
ry%3D480

There were so many cute choices but I went with the Sulley costume...
ry%3D480

Once you dress Duffy he is propped up with a certificate for the day. They give you one to take home with you, too. It will be a nice addition to my scrapbook.
ry%3D480

I thought this Disney trivia board at Pop Century was a fun idea, too!
ry%3D480

I made a few little purchases.... postcards, key chain. I also grabbed some breakfast to go and headed back to the room to see if my Mom and Reagan were awake yet.

I mentioned that we were staying in the Fifties section...
ry%3D480

We had a lake view. That is the Art of Animation resort on the other side of the lake....
ry%3D480

Just around the corner was a view of the bowling pool....
ry%3D480

We all had a bite to eat. Mom and I shared a breakfast burrito and Reagan had a pastry. Before long we were ready to leave for the Magic Kingdom. We parked at the TTC and took a the General Joe Potter ferry to Magic Kingdom....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

My plan was to arrive in plenty of time for the Welcome Show but it took longer than I anticipated to park, ferry, etc. We arrived mid show. That wasn't the plan but it was better than missing it altogether. I know to give myself more time for travelling to the park in the future.
ry%3D480

I was SO happy to be there after much pre-trip anticipation!
ry%3D480

I had purchased an annual pass that needed to be activated so I had to briefly step over to a ticket window. All went smoothly and after a few minutes we were heading in!
ry%3D480

We stopped in at Guest Relations to have the postcards I picked up at Everything Pop that morning postmarked with the Magic Kingdom Stamp....
ry%3D480

Mary Poppins was greeting nearby without a wait so we enjoyed visiting with her and getting an autograph and pictures....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

On our way back towards main street I dropped our postcards in the letter box Guest Relations....
ry%3D480

The Magic Kingdom postmark...
ry%3D480

Near the Confectionery near Town Square I found someone I was really hoping to be able to say hello to this trip.....
ry%3D480

It was none other than the Honorable Mayor Weaver of Main Street, U.S.A! We had our picture and then I noticed Smokey was nearby, too. Double Excited!!! I said, "I really want a picture with you, too." At that point everyone said, "You already did" and showed me the pic. Smokey had photo bombed us!
ry%3D480

I *heart* Main Street!:love:
ry%3D480

Up next.... Town Square Theatre and meeting Mickey!

You got to pick out Duffy's outfit?! I think that is SO cool! I love the outfit you picked too, that's one of my favorites that I've seen! The certificate is a nice touch too :)

At least you were able to catch part of the morning show! And some fun character meets to start the day :thumbsup2

While we were still near Town Square on Main Street we decided to meet Mickey! We headed back towards the Town Square Theatre...
ry%3D480

I enjoyed the Mickey themed artwork in the queue...
ry%3D480

Mickey's marketing bulletin board...
ry%3D480

More themeing in the queue...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After a short wait we were backstage with Mickey. I did my best to quickly take in all the details through pictures. Mickey's trunk...
ry%3D480

Mom and Reagan were taking care of the autograph business....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Here's a close up of Reagan while he interacted with Mickey that the PP photographer took....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Mickey's armoire with his magician costume....
ry%3D480

And a pose with all of us...
ry%3D480

And one with just Reagan....
ry%3D480

Mickey and Mommy!
ry%3D480

Hugs goodbye....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Once we finished our time with Mickey we enjoyed his store. Reagan found this Mickey hand on a spring thing that he had to get. He was also trying very hard to buy a souvenir for Mommy. He had brought some of his own money and I had given him a Disney giftcard to use through the trip as well. I encouraged him to wait on buying anything else since it was so early in the day but stay tuned because as he leaves the park on this day he buys me the best souvenir ever!! I love what he picked for me but even more than that I adore that he wanted to give something back in exchange for all I put into planning this trip for us. My mom picked out some cute ears at this stop, too.

Reagan's springy, Mickey hand.....
ry%3D480

Mom's ears....
ry%3D480

The pretty area along side Mickey's Theatre...
ry%3D480

Once back out on Main Street a Photo Pass Photographer took our picture in front of the castle....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

In the next entry we'll make our way towards New Fantasyland! It's our first trip there. Yay!

As we continued down Main Street towards the castle Reagan was feeling a bit hungry. We checked to see if Casey's was open yet.
ry%3D480

They were not open just yet but we had a quick photo while there. We ended up grabbing a bite here later in the evening while we waited for the parde though.
ry%3D480

When we left Casey's we spotted one of Main Street's vehicles....
ry%3D480

Being at the caste is another fun "We're at Disney!" realization!
ry%3D480

Mom posed with the Cinderella fountain for me...
ry%3D480

Such a pretty castle!
ry%3D480

We made our way past Prince Charming's castle which means you have to give the Sword in the Stone a try....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I like this next one....
ry%3D480

We made our way into New Fantasyland *squeee!* and got our first glimpse of Be Our Guest....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Gaston's....
ry%3D480

While we were in a Beauty in the Beast mood we decided to take in Enchanted Tales with Belle....
ry%3D480

My silly boy in line....
ry%3D480

The view of the castle while in the queue...
ry%3D480

I thought both the waiting area and the library / story room were great!
ry%3D480

I was encouraging Reagan to participate if he had the chance. I tried to convey the whole "You Only Live Once (at Disney) speech" in a brief manner. I didn't seem to be getting through to him in the moment but a bit of it sunk in I guess because he ended up having a small part in the story. A salt shaker was his little claim to fame....
ry%3D480

A tapestry in the waiting area...
ry%3D480

Lumiere above the fireplace....
ry%3D480

A corner of the library...
ry%3D480

Belle and Lumiere....
ry%3D480

Reagan and some of the other children listening to Belle's Enchanted Tale...
ry%3D480

Belle and Reagan...
ry%3D480

Belle gave each of the children a special bookmark for participating. I think having someone from your group get involved in the story makes all the difference with this experience.
ry%3D480

I was really enjoying being able to finally explore New Fantasyland! We took in the Little Mermaid area....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The waterfall from the queue...
ry%3D480

Our clamshell awaits...
ry%3D480

Scuttle!...
ry%3D480

Ariel with her treasures...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Having a great time under the sea...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Kiss the Girl!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

celebrating!
ry%3D480

And they lived happily ever after!
ry%3D480

Reagan and King Triton after the ride...
ry%3D480

And Reagan took this one of my mom and I....
ry%3D480

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter