A Disney-Addicted Mom runs W&D, Dopey, and cruises Europe *update 5/9*

Zachary turned 6 on Thursday and we are having his birthday party tomorrow. About 20 kindergarteners! Luckily it's NOT at our house and the guy hosting it is fabulous. Zachary is SO excited! It's very cute.
This morning I was up at 5am and headed to the gym to have follow-up metabolic testing done. It's this cool thing where you run on the treadmill wearing a mask that measures the content of the stuff you exhale. You find out if you burn carbs or fat and what your different heart rate zones are. I did my original test in February and see some improvement in my parameters. Training must be working! :cool1:
I also signed up for 6 more months of ecoaching with Jeff Galloway. I love working with him and think it really helps to have someone to email every week with updates.

Amanda

Happy Birthday to Zachary! And the metabolic testing sounds great. Does your gym do that regularly or is it something special? I'm with you on the dining thing! I have no plan for this trip yet lol. But it's much easier for us as the kids are staying home. We will be there from Thurs-Tues. They have school and at their ages they really can't even miss a day anymore. I think we will go for Princess in Feb. for a full week since they will be off then. Anyway, back to planning. Tusker House is one of our favorites, so I think that would be a great choice for breakfast after the race! My big decision is lunch that day since we won't really eat much after midday (well, other than a yogurt or something). I was thinking Via Napoli, but I'm not hearing great feedback lately other than the pizza is good. Love Flying Fish - that will probably make the list this year. I am also going to try to book one of those Epcot Wind Down things on Sunday night. Are you sure there is a MVMCP on Sunday? The schedule was only showing Friday and Monday nights that week. I think we may go Friday since it will get us used to being up late and we aren't doing the 5k. Although now I want to do the GKTW 5k...decisions, decsions. This is my first trip without the kids, so it's opening up a few new things which could be fun. Good luck with the planning!!

When is F&W marathon? We'll be at F&W for a quick couple of days on veteran's day weekend. I think that's the last weekend, right?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Happy Birthday to Zachary! And the metabolic testing sounds great. Does your gym do that regularly or is it something special? I'm with you on the dining thing! I have no plan for this trip yet lol. But it's much easier for us as the kids are staying home. We will be there from Thurs-Tues. They have school and at their ages they really can't even miss a day anymore. I think we will go for Princess in Feb. for a full week since they will be off then. Anyway, back to planning. Tusker House is one of our favorites, so I think that would be a great choice for breakfast after the race! My big decision is lunch that day since we won't really eat much after midday (well, other than a yogurt or something). I was thinking Via Napoli, but I'm not hearing great feedback lately other than the pizza is good. Love Flying Fish - that will probably make the list this year. I am also going to try to book one of those Epcot Wind Down things on Sunday night. Are you sure there is a MVMCP on Sunday? The schedule was only showing Friday and Monday nights that week. I think we may go Friday since it will get us used to being up late and we aren't doing the 5k. Although now I want to do the GKTW 5k...decisions, decsions. This is my first trip without the kids, so it's opening up a few new things which could be fun. Good luck with the planning!!

The metabolic testing costs extra but we were founding members of the gym so we got a discounted price.
We like Via Napoli. I've heard mixed reviews but we've always enjoyed it. Maybe since we're used to NY prices, we don't think it's so expensive! :lmao:
I had NOT looked into MVMCP yet but I see that you're probably right. So Monday night it is. I was sort of hoping Friday/Tuesday so I'd have an excuse to not buy tickets... ;) Tom, Jessica, and Nathaniel are arriving late on Friday so we can't do the party that night.

When is F&W marathon? We'll be at F&W for a quick couple of days on veteran's day weekend. I think that's the last weekend, right?

Wine and Dine Half Marathon in November 8th which is the weekend before Veterans Day.

Love it when someone agrees with me even if it's only hypothetically lol :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Amanda

Work Trip:
My original plan for my work trip was as follows: Bring children to school in the morning. Stay for Zachary's VIP week activities which involve reading a book and telling a little story about Zachary. Drive from there to White Plains airport. Fly to MCO. Grab my rental car. Drive to Epcot. Enjoy Flower & Garden Festival. Drive to Convention Center Hotel.
It's been a stressful few weeks and I started reading/listening to podcast about Flower & Garden Festival and realized that I would really enjoy being able to have a few adult beverages. Of course then I won't be able to drive the 30 minutes or so to the hotel. So I emailed my travel agent and I will now be spending Thursday night at Pop Century. My first adventure in a value resort! I'm super excited as I've heard that Pop is really fun. It's just me and just one night so I really only need a clean room, bed, and a bathroom.
My new plan is to drive from MCO to Pop and then hop on a bus to Epcot. I have running friends who live in Orlando who agreed to come meet me at F&G for a few drinks and some food. The only possible catch is that there is now a TIW event at Jiko that night. It's very limited and very expensive so I've probably already missed my opportunity but I'm waiting for my friends to decide if they want to do that instead.
I like the new plan. I think immersing myself in Disney is exactly what I need right now. I *might* try to stop at am EMH at MK on Friday morning before going to my conference but I'll miss some conference time if I do that...

Wine & Dine Update:
I finally bought Tom's ticket to the after-party on race night. It arrived in the mail today. I wasn't really worried about it selling out because I can follow the percentages on the runDisney website but I was more worried about forgetting to do it. So it's done.
We also bought tickets to MVMCP on Monday night. I forgot that Nathaniel is now a Disney adult and the tickets were quite pricey. The kids loved the party last year and I don't know how many parties we'll do in the future. Those tickets arrived yesterday so we have an over-abundance of Disney tickets in the house now!
I emailed my TA with our dining requests. I think Sunday is 180 days.
Friday night is just Zachary and me. After much debate and mind-changing, we've picked Flying Fish. He really wanted Artist's Point but mostly for the Mickey puzzle dessert. I really don't want to go to a fancy dinner and have to drive afterwards (see above section on adult beverages) and Flying Fish is AT OUR HOTEL! I sold him on the Mickey puzzle although he truly likes eating fish anyway. It should be fun.
Saturday is race night so I'm hoping for an early dinner at Via Napoli. I think I can tolerate that if we eat around 4:30pm since the race starts at 10pm.
Sunday we requested Bluezoo. My children LOVE that restaurant. Which is funny because I don't think of it as a child-friendly place. I mean it's Disney so they are super accommodating and everything but it isn't the place I would think as being their favorite. Tom loves it, too, so everyone will be happy.
Monday we're going to try for early dinner at Be Our Guest if it's open before the party. Otherwise maybe Chef Mickey since it's close. I would choose early for either. We can always cancel and do quick service at the party.
Also, I tried to book Kids Nite Out but they won't take reservations more than 3 months out. So I need to re-book in August. Don't forget. Don't forget. :rotfl2:

Happy Mother's Day!
Amanda

Spending time at F&G sounds wonderful, and staying there w out driving.......fabulous!!!
Flying Fish w Zachary sounds great too. We love FF :)
We leave June 28 for our summer July trip. I can't wait to get out of school!!

Spending time at F&G sounds wonderful, and staying there w out driving.......fabulous!!!
Flying Fish w Zachary sounds great too. We love FF :)
We leave June 28 for our summer July trip. I can't wait to get out of school!!

I'm suffering major vacation withdrawal so I understand!!!!

Amanda

file_zpsab276345.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter