A Disney-addicted mom goes on a "Dream" cruise *update 7/6*

Love all the latest photos Amanda. Kids look like they had oodles of fun from the porthole alone:rotfl2:
Zachary is a boy after my own heart-who can resist a Mickey Bar lol

This was the night they were showing Brave on the ship. I was super excited for this! I really wanted to see this movie and thought it was SO cool to see a brand new movie on the ship.
We bought some snacks as we were waiting to enter the theater. We got to see it in 3D. I really enjoyed this movie. I LOVED the short before the main feature. And I thought Brave was great! I know not everyone loved it but I really did. And the kids enjoyed it, too. They were a little afraid of the bears but generally found the movie entertaining.
When we returned to the room after the movie, we found this:

ry%3D400

A monkey swinging from the curtain that separated the grown-up room from the kids' room.

I think we were starting to figure out how to best enjoy the cruise. We still had some fighting at bedtime but overall getting better!

Amanda

Had fun catching up with your trip this morning! :goodvibes I've never been on a cruise but am very, very tempted. Sorry your Castaway Cay day wasn't perfect weather but seems like you made the best of it. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: at your son getting distracted by Ariel. I wonder how many other men on the cruise had the same reaction? ;)

Funny about getting distracted by Ariel- not so funny about being lost. I know about that all to well DS11 got distracted on our first trip to Disney. He was 3

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Apparently I can just hit the screen and it sends ugh!!!!
Love your pics. I think we've decided not to do the Disney cruise this coming yr. it's still a lot of money and we have some catching up to do since I was laid off almost 2 yrs.
We will be going to FL though yay!!!! Probably in April. We'll do a lot of Uni/ IOA a 1 day of Disney for me.

I forgot to mention that during breakfast that morning, the big kids took Zachary to use the potty. They returned without Zachary.

It wasn't Nathaniel this time!!!

Every night he had a Mickey Bar. It was so cute! :thumbsup2

Amanda

Can't say I blame him! I did that on the class trip too. Mickey Bars for dessert every night. You can get a hot fudge sundae or cheesecake anywhere, but there is only one place that serves chocolate-covered mouse-shaped heaven on a stick!

Great porthole pictures. Those always seem to be a hit with everyone, big and small! I'm glad you had a nice evening watching Brave. Haven't seen it yet.

Loved the latest picts, but how in the world did Zachary manage to get only his face full of chocolate....his shirt looks clean!!!!!!!!! I am amazed!

Had fun catching up with your trip this morning! :goodvibes I've never been on a cruise but am very, very tempted. Sorry your Castaway Cay day wasn't perfect weather but seems like you made the best of it. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: at your son getting distracted by Ariel. I wonder how many other men on the cruise had the same reaction? ;)

:rotfl2:
Too funny! I'm sure many a grown man has been distracted by a Princess. Jasmine's abs could distract anyone!

Funny about getting distracted by Ariel- not so funny about being lost. I know about that all to well DS11 got distracted on our first trip to Disney. He was 3

He wasn't lost very long. And at least on the ship it was less frightening than in the parks. We're professionals at losing a child. Usually Nathaniel.

Wasn't finished yet!!! this phone is so sensitive!!!!

I do that all the time!

Apparently I can just hit the screen and it sends ugh!!!!
Love your pics. I think we've decided not to do the Disney cruise this coming yr. it's still a lot of money and we have some catching up to do since I was laid off almost 2 yrs.
We will be going to FL though yay!!!! Probably in April. We'll do a lot of Uni/ IOA a 1 day of Disney for me.

Your trip sounds fun!
In retrospect I wonder if Royal Caribbean wouldn't be a better choice since my boys don't want to go to the kids clubs. It sounds like there are more on-board activities for the whole family.

It wasn't Nathaniel this time!!!

I know!!!!

Can't say I blame him! I did that on the class trip too. Mickey Bars for dessert every night. You can get a hot fudge sundae or cheesecake anywhere, but there is only one place that serves chocolate-covered mouse-shaped heaven on a stick!

Too funny!
On the ship they covered it in hot fudge and Mickey sprinkles so it was extra yummy.

Great porthole pictures. Those always seem to be a hit with everyone, big and small! I'm glad you had a nice evening watching Brave. Haven't seen it yet.

The giant portholes ARE fun!
I enjoyed Brave and my kids like it, too. I was worried that the boys wouldn't like it but they did.

Loved the latest picts, but how in the world did Zachary manage to get only his face full of chocolate....his shirt looks clean!!!!!!!!! I am amazed!

Ha-Ha! I don't think it was the Mickey bar itself but the layer of hot fudge. It wasn't super drippy so maybe that's why?

I loved brave too:thumbsup2 Have to say though I was very relieved the mummy bear survived it all:goodvibes

Me too!!!! And I cried. Like I do with all movies. :lmao:

Amanda

:rotfl2:I cried too:rotfl2:As always-though Lilo and Stitch made me sob more, at the very notion that Lilo would end up in care much to my oldest boys mortification:rotfl:

OMG! We watched Home Alone 2 on Saturday night with the kids (not sure why that was what was chosen but...) and I was crying. And my ungrateful kids were making fun of me for crying! :lmao: I mean they KNEW that I would be crying and everything! :rotfl2::happytv:

Amanda

Subbing to your TR. I am taking the Dream cruise next October and want to read all I can about it.

Enjoying your TR so far, but I am on a restricted computer right now and I can't see any of your pictures. Sounds like the weather has not be cooperating all that well.

Curious - since you are a runner, how did you get your running in on the ship or did you skip it? I usually run 2.5 - 3 miles a day, but I'm not a big fan of using treadmills unless I have to (like winter and bad rain) and then I have to watch TV or I go crazy from boredom.

Trying to decide right now what to do on our Nassau day. glad to hear there are so many activities for bad weather.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and reading more.

OMG! We watched Home Alone 2 on Saturday night with the kids (not sure why that was what was chosen but...) and I was crying. And my ungrateful kids were making fun of me for crying! :lmao: I mean they KNEW that I would be crying and everything! :rotfl2::happytv:

Amanda

:rotfl2::rotfl2:All I can say is it gets worse as they (and you) get older! I wear glasses now which fog up if I should get a wee bit teary eyed so it's more difficult to wipe away tears without being spotted:lmao: Oh and I once discovered the oldest 2 had bet on how long it would take me to cry during a movie-cheeky sods:rotfl:

Just stopped back to check out your pictures. Your kids are adorable. :goodvibes

One thing we were learning as the cruise went on is that our children weren't going to just hang out in the children's clubs. We started reading the Navigator more closely for good family activities so the kids would stay active. The DIS (or Dreams Unlimited Travel?) had invite two prominent Disney artists as their guests on the ship: Kevin Kidney and Jody Daly. Tom took Nathaniel (our artist) to the lecture which was apparently really great.

ry%3D400

Nathaniel is a little bit shy but when he met them after the lecture he got to ask them which character they like to draw the most. Tom said they were super generous with their time and couldn't have been nicer. (He also said that Nathaniel was probably the only child in the room and Tom was one of only a few straight men there :lmao: ).

They also went to a towel animal folding class which Nathaniel absolutely loved!!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The other kids and I met Remy but the pictures were blurry and terrible.
ry%3D400

This is the least terrible and you can't even see the kids! :lmao:
ry%3D400

I don't know if Zachary had been playing with my camera or the lighting was weird... :confused3

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter