A DISers Guide to Star Wars Celebration

Would there be interest for a Star Wars Celebration DIs Meet?

• Yes, On thursday

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, On Saturday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, On Sunday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing response! If you hadn't told me about wristbands I would have no clue to get them for the panels I'd like to see (Mark Hamill, Daniels, Last Jedi). My next question is how do you get the wristbands? Is it ONE huge line to get all the ones you'd like or are there a few separate lines for each? How does that work and I assume for all I need to be there around 6am or 7am correct? Thanks again
http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Show-Info/Guide-to-Navigating-Celebration/
here's the explanation from SWC, for the big morning panels people sleep over (like it has been discussed here) or get there at 5am.
Here's a good planning video

For those who are interested in Autographs/Photo Ops, Star Wars Authentics is saying that those who don't preorder them may not be able to buy them at the door. If it's sold out (Felicity for example) from Pre-orders, there may not be any at the door. It is unfair to those who are buying at door badges and don't think they will do it. They may also need to prepay everyone their fees or guarantee. This is a new group running it.

The App is updated where you don't need a Password (On IOS and expect on Android soon), so you don't need a My show account to get into the App. Free to use and looks really nice much like a custom version of Guidebook (another app that smaller cons use for schedule, etc) for the show.

For those who are interested in Autographs/Photo Ops, Star Wars Authentics is saying that those who don't preorder them may not be able to buy them at the door. If it's sold out (Felicity for example) from Pre-orders, there may not be any at the door. It is unfair to those who are buying at door badges and don't think they will do it. They may also need to prepay everyone their fees or guarantee. This is a new group running it.

The App is updated where you don't need a Password (On IOS and expect on Android soon), so you don't need a My show account to get into the App. Free to use and looks really nice much like a custom version of Guidebook (another app that smaller cons use for schedule, etc) for the show.
I don't think there will be too many tickets to buy "at the door" to get in in the first place.
The app works on Android now as well :)

Last edited:
Been meaning to do this for a few weeks now, but was curious if folks were interested in a Dis meet at Celebration. I have left off Friday night as an option because Galactic Nights is sold out (won't be there myself because money came together too late for a pass). The Poll is on the first page of the thread. I understand there may not be a lot of interest this late in it, but meeting some of the folks who have been talking would be great.

Wait, so we have to preorder our autograph and photo op tickets for anyone we want to meet? I assumed if someone's line wasn't full, you'd be able to buy them at the line. Is this not the case?

Wait, so we have to preorder our autograph and photo op tickets for anyone we want to meet? I assumed if someone's line wasn't full, you'd be able to buy them at the line. Is this not the case?

If a line isn't full you might be able to buy tickets. I believe it is up to their individual management (or at least that is how it works at other cons).

That I'm not sure of. I've seen an email from Star Wars Authentics on a Star Wars Celebration Facebook group that if it's Sold out before the show they won't sell any at the show. If your 90% sure your going to get that autograph or photo Op, Get it now. If it's sold out check at the show, they may face a good amount of unhappiness with this and change their minds.

So if their handing out wristbands at 6AM and I get there with my fiancé at 6AM - I can basically expect to not receive a wristband for the big panel of choosing? I guess at the least I need to be there at 4 or 5 correct? If everyone else is there before us, their going to get one before us. Do the wristbands just assure you a seat? Then from 6am I need to stand in that line until 11am when it the panel begins correct?

So if their handing out wristbands at 6AM and I get there with my fiancé at 6AM - I can basically expect to not receive a wristband for the big panel of choosing? I guess at the least I need to be there at 4 or 5 correct? If everyone else is there before us, their going to get one before us. Do the wristbands just assure you a seat? Then from 6am I need to stand in that line until 11am when it the panel begins correct?
Here are your options for the big panels on Thursday and Friday (only panels people are allowed to sleepover)
For the Thursday, 40th Anniversary panel:
get in line anywhere from 8pm to midnight (wednesday night) or after 5am Thursday morning. The venue will close from midnight to 5am so no one can line up during the timeframe
Obviously the earlier you get there the better chance you have to making in into the Galaxy Theater (main room) if no wristbands are left for that they have other viewing rooms with seating where they will be live streaming the show (Celebration Stage, Behind the Scenes stage) you have to have a wristband for these viewing rooms as well
For the Friday Last Jedi Panel:
get in line anywhere from 8pm to midnight (Thursday night) or after 5am Friday morning. The venue will close from midnight to 5am so no one can line up during the timeframe
Obviously the earlier you get there the better chance you have to making in into the Galaxy Theater (main room) if no wristbands are left for that they have other viewing rooms with seating where they will be live streaming the show (Celebration Stage, Behind the Scenes stage) you have to have a wristband for these viewing rooms as well

After you get your wristband you can chose to get in line for the actual panel or go somewhere and come back. They will allow start loading the theater around 10am, so if you want a seat closer to the stage you can get in line right away
The wristband guarantees you a seat in that specific theater

How many roughly wristbands do they give out??? Oh my word! What if theres only enough wristbands for the folks who slept over. If you can't tell, I'm trying to get a good seat and view of the panels in real life and not in a screening room without being a heavy overnight dweller.

How many roughly wristbands do they give out??? Oh my word! What if theres only enough wristbands for the folks who slept over. If you can't tell, I'm trying to get a good seat and view of the panels in real life and not in a screening room without being a heavy overnight dweller.

good seat and in real life you are going to have to overnight and get there around 8pm the night before if not slightly earlier. Don't care if you are in an overflow then maybe you'll be okay at 5am just depends on the size of the rooms. Getting a good seat at a panel is almost impossible with out committing the time or having a VIP badge.

For all those going (and those not) Nerblock has teamed up with ReedPop to offer a Star Wars Celebration box. It is 89.99 plus shipping and handling but contains 7 con exclusive items. I went ahead and bought it because I really enjoyed the NYCC one I got last year. They usually say the value of the box is the same as the items would have cost at the con or the box is worth more then you paid. I decided to take a leap since ReedPop is on board and they are who are managing celebration. Hoping to save one shopping trip haha.

https://www.nerdblock.com/star-wars-celebration

good seat and in real life you are going to have to overnight and get there around 8pm the night before if not slightly earlier. Don't care if you are in an overflow then maybe you'll be okay at 5am just depends on the size of the rooms. Getting a good seat at a panel is almost impossible with out committing the time or having a VIP badge.
completely agree, it looks like they are using the Valencia room at the OCCC that says it holds up to 6000 people. But I am not 100% sure, it seems small to me considering they are expecting 60000 people to come for SWC. Just as a reference Fantasmic holds 6900

completely agree, it looks like they are using the Valencia room at the OCCC that says it holds up to 6000 people. But I am not 100% sure, it seems small to me considering they are expecting 60000 people to come for SWC. Just as a reference Fantasmic holds 6900

Is that 60,000 for the whole weekend or per a day? If it is 60,000 for a day 1 percent does seem low but if it is for the whole weekend then 6K is about half of each days participants could be in the main room.

the whole convention. I didn't think about it that way, you're right.

Seeing the numbers actually makes me feel more okay with it. NYCC switched this year to the main panels actually being "off site" at the theater at madison square garden which feels like 4 times what the convention center arena was and it was so easy to get into panels. Of course they didn't sweep rooms because it was so big so for a day we had a long list of panels we wanted to see we just got in line about an hour early got in to the panel not many people were jazzed about waited through that, saw the three we wanted, then left so people could have our seat for the walking dead panel. It was the only saving grace of NYCC this year.

Is that 60,000 for the whole weekend or per a day? If it is 60,000 for a day 1 percent does seem low but if it is for the whole weekend then 6K is about half of each days participants could be in the main room.

Star Wars Celebration doesn't push the limit of the building's capacity like New York Comic Con. 60K is for the whole weekend, but I'm thinking 30-35K is the limit per day (assumes 20-25K for full weekends and 10K each day for day passes.)

So now a more interesting celebration question. We saw there is a tattoo area. Anyone have any experience with that part of celebration? Have been wanting some new ink and figured why not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter