A DISers Guide to Star Wars Celebration

Would there be interest for a Star Wars Celebration DIs Meet?

• Yes, On thursday

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, On Saturday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, On Sunday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, thank you. So how does ticketing work for autographs? I know they email them to us, so do I print it out or can I pull it up on my phone before I get in line?

You should print out the ticket before hand. It will make your process go much faster than picking up your ticket at the Will Call desk in Autographs/photos. Your ticket should have a group letter (A-E). Keep an eye around the area for how the groups will move. The big question we all won't know until we get there is how fast they will move through groups.

For those that can't click on the autograph link
Thursday schedule:
img-2083983-f.png

Friday schedule:
img-2083851-f.png

Saturday schedule:
img-2083927-f.png

Sunday schedule:
img-2083833-f.png

I really want a VIP ticket! Drat. Sold out before I got one (I tried right at the time they opened too!)

My Husband and I had two computers going, my queue made it in first and I got the tickets for us, when my husbands queue finally went through they were already sold out... They sold out in under 10 minutes... it was crazy! Mind you we both logged in at the same time.... that's how fast things went.

Has anyone gotten their autograph tickets sent to them yet? I have not, and the status still says waiting to ship... I know it's an e-mail shipment but still. Both my husband and I share the cost of those tickets and neither of us have gotten any.

You should print out the ticket before hand. It will make your process go much faster than picking up your ticket at the Will Call desk in Autographs/photos. Your ticket should have a group letter (A-E). Keep an eye around the area for how the groups will move. The big question we all won't know until we get there is how fast they will move through groups.

Thank you. Any idea when we'll be sent our tickets? Surely by next Wednesday, right?

Has anyone gotten their autograph tickets sent to them yet? I have not, and the status still says waiting to ship... I know it's an e-mail shipment but still. Both my husband and I share the cost of those tickets and neither of us have gotten any.

I haven't gotten mine either and I haven't seen anyone say they have (I've been checking around on a lot of forums like this). We probably won't get them until next week.

Waiting in line all day. You have to be comfortable with waiting in line for HUGE amounts of time right? Still flip flopping on weather or not to re-sell my tickets or what.

I want to be in the crowd when Mark Hammil and Anthony Daniels are up there as well as the 40th Anaversary panel and the Last Jedi Panel but don't know about those lines! I can't wait outside overnight on a vacation.

I just got my first e-mail for the Autograph tickets, and I have one more I should get for a purchase I made after... I am waiting to hear if my husband got his yet or not...

I want to be in the crowd when Mark Hammil and Anthony Daniels are up there as well as the 40th Anaversary panel and the Last Jedi Panel but don't know about those lines! I can't wait outside overnight on a vacation.

I was in the crowd for the opening ceremonies at Anaheim where they showed the SW:TFA trailer and BB-8 rolled out on stage in front of us... I was crying, I was screaming at the top of my lungs, the vibe in the room was insane... I have never felt anything like that in my life... I am hoping that the 40th Anniversary panel and the Last Jedi Panel has the same feel... it was crazy!

I haven't gotten mine either and I haven't seen anyone say they have (I've been checking around on a lot of forums like this). We probably won't get them until next week.

I just got one of my two e-mail for the orders and I am waiting to hear if my husband got his, they are just slowly coming out now.

totally understandable. It's a matter of priorities which sucks. Do you sacrifice time and sleep for an awesome experience? do you show up at whatever time and hope for the best? it is a personal, hard decision

So they made everyone STAND ALL NIGHT LONG?!?!

People didn't have to stand all night long. Those camping out overnight had room to sit or lie down in line. It was only around 5 am once lots more people started arriving that they made everyone get up to make room for all the new arrivals. If the lines work in a similar way in Orlando the need to stand up will only arise once numbers in the queue hall get to a level where people have to stand to make room for everyone. So long as they are dealing with hundreds of people rather than say a couple of thousand or more arriving before midnight then all the overnighters should have the space to try and get some rest at least before any new arrivals are allowed in at 5 am.

People didn't have to stand all night long. Those camping out overnight had room to sit or lie down in line. It was only around 5 am once lots more people started arriving that they made everyone get up to make room for all the new arrivals. If the lines work in a similar way in Orlando the need to stand up will only arise once numbers in the queue hall get to a level where people have to stand to make room for everyone. So long as they are dealing with hundreds of people rather than say a couple of thousand or more arriving before midnight then all the overnighters should have the space to try and get some rest at least before any new arrivals are allowed in at 5 am.
what a great profile picture, such an awesome memory I'm sure

It is a curtained off area for Photo Ops at Celebration, so you go into the area where no one else can see you and the guest. Then, they take a picture of the two of you.

At London whilst they did have a curtained off area there would always be around 10 to 15 people allowed in the curtained off area ready for their photo. As they let you into the curtained off area there would be a table where everyone who had a bag could leave it whilst they got their photo taken. The line would move quickly and once you had your photo taken you could collect your bag and your photo before exiting the curtained area. If I remember right I was probably in the curtained area for no more than about 3 or 4 minutes. I actually liked the fact that there were a few people in front of me in the curtained area before I had my photo taken so I could have an idea of what the experience of having your photo taken was like before I had my own photo.

So, the autograph time for Mark Hamill on Friday is right before his tribute to Carrie. I bought the autograph before times published. I guess that means no panel. :(

If you get a wristband for the Carrie tribute panel earlier in the day I think you should still be able to do both. A wristband would guarantee you entry into the panel even if you arrive pretty much last minute after you've gotten your autograph. You may well be towards the back of the room but at least you'd still be in there. The panel can't start until Mark has finished doing his autographs after all.

Waiting in line all day. You have to be comfortable with waiting in line for HUGE amounts of time right? Still flip flopping on weather or not to re-sell my tickets or what.

Whilst there's no denying you can't avoid having to spend some time in line, you can still get plenty done without standing in line all day. At London last year (which was my first experience of Celebration) I was able to get wristbands for all the main panels without sleeping overnight. I arrived at the venue for 5:30 am to make sure I still got wristbands for the main rooms for Rogue One and the Mark Hamill panels on the Friday and the Carrie Fisher and the Future Films panels on the Sunday. I easily got a wristband for Anthony Daniels panel on the Saturday even with sleeping in a bit later and not arriving until just before 8 am. The advantage of the wristband system is that you know once you have your wristband you then have the time to enjoy everything else that is on offer before heading for the main panels much closer to their actual start times. There are lots of other smaller panels that don't require wristbands that you can just walk into which I found really enjoyable.

I didn't get any autographs and only purchased photo ops for Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, both of which I did on the Saturday. Whilst I did have to wait a bit in line for those ops I still got a lot done on the day aside from waiting in line for my photo ops.

If you're still on the fence about whether to come or not all I can say is that as soon as I got back from Celebration Europe last year I bought my 4 day pass for Orlando as I couldn't wait to experience another Celebration even if I had to cross the Atlantic to do it!!

Well we decided to play it by ear and Thursday may go around 5 or 6 and see if we can get anything. Will make that call that morning.

Whilst there's no denying you can't avoid having to spend some time in line, you can still get plenty done without standing in line all day. At London last year (which was my first experience of Celebration) I was able to get wristbands for all the main panels without sleeping overnight. I arrived at the venue for 5:30 am to make sure I still got wristbands for the main rooms for Rogue One and the Mark Hamill panels on the Friday and the Carrie Fisher and the Future Films panels on the Sunday. I easily got a wristband for Anthony Daniels panel on the Saturday even with sleeping in a bit later and not arriving until just before 8 am. The advantage of the wristband system is that you know once you have your wristband you then have the time to enjoy everything else that is on offer before heading for the main panels much closer to their actual start times. There are lots of other smaller panels that don't require wristbands that you can just walk into which I found really enjoyable.

I didn't get any autographs and only purchased photo ops for Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, both of which I did on the Saturday. Whilst I did have to wait a bit in line for those ops I still got a lot done on the day aside from waiting in line for my photo ops.

If you're still on the fence about whether to come or not all I can say is that as soon as I got back from Celebration Europe last year I bought my 4 day pass for Orlando as I couldn't wait to experience another Celebration even if I had to cross the Atlantic to do it!!

Amazing response! If you hadn't told me about wristbands I would have no clue to get them for the panels I'd like to see (Mark Hamill, Daniels, Last Jedi). My next question is how do you get the wristbands? Is it ONE huge line to get all the ones you'd like or are there a few separate lines for each? How does that work and I assume for all I need to be there around 6am or 7am correct? Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter