A DISers Guide to Star Wars Celebration

Would there be interest for a Star Wars Celebration DIs Meet?

• Yes, On thursday

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, On Saturday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, On Sunday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got 4day passes for two! We want to go but don't know if it's really worth it. Not looking to get autographs, just see some screenings and panels but get a good seat! Thats important. We are driving so no worries there.

Do it. I think it's going to be absolutely worth it if you enjoy Star Wars. Take a look at the schedule and choose what panels you want to do. Understand the Wristband policy and get there by 7 AM to get the Wristbands you want. I understand the worries at this point. There are only three panels where your going to have to worry about getting there really early for (Last Jedi, 40th Anniversary and Rebels Season 4).

Question about photo ops. What is the set up like? Do we go in a room with them and take the picture? Or can we see them from the line taking pictures with other people?

Question about photo ops. What is the set up like? Do we go in a room with them and take the picture? Or can we see them from the line taking pictures with other people?

It is a curtained off area for Photo Ops at Celebration, so you go into the area where no one else can see you and the guest. Then, they take a picture of the two of you.

Do you really think more than 3000 people will be planning on sleeping over? If so that's way more than slept over any night in London. If that many people do arrive before midnight logistically I think the venue potentially may have a problem unless the queue hall is something like four times bigger than the area they had in London. If that many people sleep over then I would imagine the line getting incredibly cramped incredibly quickly. Those who camped overnight last year reported that at around 5 am the venue staff made everyone get up and stand to make room for everyone coming in behind. The actual official line for Rogue One wristbands only held around 1500 with everyone standing close together before the line extended beyond the barriers. At that point staff monitored the line as it over spilled outside of the barriers so that people could still get in line.

If 3000 people or more plan on sleeping over I can't see where there will be space for people to lie or even sit down whilst in line over night. At a push I might be able to cope with trying to sleep on a hard floor over night but there's no way I could stay standing on my feet all night in a tight cramped line. As such I think I'm just going to have to hope that I still have a chance of getting in at 5 am.

They already have a queuing area set up... AND not everyone will sleep over the whole night, I see a lot of people arriving around 3 am.

They already have a queuing area set up... AND not everyone will sleep over the whole night, I see a lot of people arriving around 3 am.
but they can't really arrive and go inside at 3am, which worries me. Their whole decision to not leave the holding area open the entire night will mean that a second line will form outside to wait for the 5am opening.
I have flip flopped on this decision so much, today I'm thinking I'm going to show up at 4am and line up outside, last week I was all in to arrive before midnight. I'm one of those people that need a good 6 hour sleep or else I can't function....ah decisions, decisions

So guys, is it worth spending the money to go if were going to wait in lines all day and not be able to do or see anything? We live in MA so it'll be a long hall just for this and would it really be worth it? Honest answers please!

It is a pick your battles kind of event... I know for Anaheim 2 years ago we made the mistake of buying too many autograph tickets and ended up in line for most of the convention only seeing two panels.... We ended up giving away/throwing some of our autograph tickets out (in Orlando some of the not so high dollar people just took 10 tickets up to their charging price).

In addition the celebration store was insane at Orlando, unfortunately my husband and I had wanted the autographs all on the same poster so we ended up in line for over 4 hours just to get the blessed event poster! (see picture attached)

Panels, the bigger the panel the earlier you need to get in line, in Anaheim if you weren't in line at least 90 minutes ahead of time for Mark Hamil's or Anthony Daniel's panels you weren't getting in, and the main opening ceremonies that also showed the SW:TFA trailer was a massive sleep over.

However Orlando is BIGGER than Anaheim, so I think panels and overflow will have more room, however the autographs and picture lines are going to be the same, and there will be more people fighting for those pictures at Orlando than either London or Anaheim. I heard from 501st members that have gone to all three locations for SWC and Orlando is the BIGGEST of all Celebration locations.

I can't say plan enough and pick your battles, put a MUST do list together and make that your priority, other items keep on list but know you aren't gonna be able to do it all.

Attachments

• 10422958_1067015559994501_1565971850690107131_n.jpg
    10422958_1067015559994501_1565971850690107131_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

but they can't really arrive and go inside at 3am, which worries me. Their whole decision to not leave the holding area open the entire night will mean that a second line will form outside to wait for the 5am opening.
I have flip flopped on this decision so much, today I'm thinking I'm going to show up at 4am and line up outside, last week I was all in to arrive before midnight. I'm one of those people that need a good 6 hour sleep or else I can't function....ah decisions, decisions

This surprises me that people aren't being let into the queuing area earlier, in Orlando JJ Abrams bought pizza for everyone at 2 am in the morning.

I will confess that being VIP this time around I haven't been planning for the sleep over like in Orlando, so I don't know what times they are letting people in the buildings.

It is a pick your battles kind of event... I know for Orlando 2 years ago we made the mistake of buying too many autograph tickets and ended up in line for most of the convention only seeing two panels.... We ended up giving away/throwing some of our autograph tickets out (in Orlando some of the not so high dollar people just took 10 tickets up to their charging price).

In addition the celebration store was insane at Orlando, unfortunately my husband and I had wanted the autographs all on the same poster so we ended up in line for over 4 hours just to get the blessed event poster! (see picture attached)

Panels, the bigger the panel the earlier you need to get in line, in Anaheim if you weren't in line at least 90 minutes ahead of time for Mark Hamil's or Anthony Daniel's panels you weren't getting in, and the main opening ceremonies that also showed the SW:TFA trailer was a massive sleep over.

However Orlando is BIGGER than Anaheim, so I think panels and overflow will have more room, however the autographs and picture lines are going to be the same, and there will be more people fighting for those pictures at Orlando than either London or Anaheim. I heard from 501st members that have gone to all three locations for SWC and Orlando is the BIGGEST of all Celebration locations.

I can't say plan enough and pick your battles, but a MUST do list together and make that your priority, other items keep on list but know you aren't gonna be able to do it all.
I remember well your facebook updates 2 years ago from Anaheim, but you got a really cool poster :D
For me it's going to be a last minute decision on how I feel wednesday and how well/bad did the baby that I take care of behaves that day ;)
Right now leaning to arriving at 4 am. I know that whatever decision I will have to make my peace with it

This surprises me that people aren't being let into the queuing area earlier, in Orlando JJ Abrams bought pizza for everyone at 2 am in the morning.

I will confess that being VIP this time around I haven't been planning for the sleep over like in Orlando, so I don't know what times they are letting people in the buildings.
You can get in line before midnight, then at midnight they close the venue (snacks and restrooms remain open inside) and then they reopen the venue at 5am
If I had the opportunity to sleep during the day on Wednesday I would totally show up before midnight but I can't

You can get in line before midnight, then at midnight they close the venue (snacks and restrooms remain open inside) and then they reopen the venue at 5am
If I had the opportunity to sleep during the day on Wednesday I would totally show up before midnight but I can't

Ok, that makes more sense to me now... They just don't want to have to man the doors with security all night, still sucks but I get it.

which to me creates a bigger security problem since you know people will get in line outside the venue a the wee hours of the morning

Didn't someone mention an Orlando ordinance about not allowing outdoor overnight queuing? I figured that was also part of the reason for the midnight cut off, and also only doing two overnights. Maybe?

Didn't someone mention an Orlando ordinance about not allowing outdoor overnight queuing? I figured that was also part of the reason for the midnight cut off, and also only doing two overnights. Maybe?
but that's what I mean. Why not leave the venue open so people can queue inside? They are creating a bigger problem with people showing up and wanting to get in some sort of line outside so:
a) there will be a need for security/staff to let people know they can't get in line, people will start walking around being there but ot relly being there, you know?
b) there will be no security/staff, people will line up all through the night outside

but that's what I mean. Why not leave the venue open so people can queue inside?

I have this sinking feeling this is one of those cases where they who wrote the ordinance have no idea how it actually gets applied! I'm committed to craziness for Celebration. First one I'm going to but long time con-goer/staff/panelist/dealer/guest/volunteer and managed to go to SDCC twice before my brain was fried by lines. Since I'm terrible with waking up, going to overnight both times, though pretty sure BF is only coming along once and then will HOPEFULLY be able to zombie my way to getting a Rebels wristband come Saturday morning. And it looks like Saturday is when I will basically follow Pablo from panel to panel (alas, no Battlefront II reveal for me.)

Have I mentioned BF has no clue what he is getting in to? He went to ONE anime con with me and my brother, maybe 15 years ago? And he's like "okay, SW is cool, but mainly I like Lobot, because I like saying Lobot." I'm condemning him to the Celebration store line and already put him in the Funko lottery. :p

Have I mentioned BF has no clue what he is getting in to? He went to ONE anime con with me and my brother, maybe 15 years ago? And he's like "okay, SW is cool, but mainly I like Lobot, because I like saying Lobot." I'm condemning him to the Celebration store line and already put him in the Funko lottery.
May the Force be with the BF :)

It is a curtained off area for Photo Ops at Celebration, so you go into the area where no one else can see you and the guest. Then, they take a picture of the two of you.

Okay, thank you. So how does ticketing work for autographs? I know they email them to us, so do I print it out or can I pull it up on my phone before I get in line?

So, the autograph time for Mark Hamill on Friday is right before his tribute to Carrie. I bought the autograph before times published. I guess that means no panel. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter