A DISers Guide to Star Wars Celebration

Would there be interest for a Star Wars Celebration DIs Meet?

• Yes, On thursday

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, On Saturday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, On Sunday

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have a chance of the streaming rooms but no way the main floor... I know people already planning sleepovers...

Do you really think more than 3000 people will be planning on sleeping over? If so that's way more than slept over any night in London. If that many people do arrive before midnight logistically I think the venue potentially may have a problem unless the queue hall is something like four times bigger than the area they had in London. If that many people sleep over then I would imagine the line getting incredibly cramped incredibly quickly. Those who camped overnight last year reported that at around 5 am the venue staff made everyone get up and stand to make room for everyone coming in behind. The actual official line for Rogue One wristbands only held around 1500 with everyone standing close together before the line extended beyond the barriers. At that point staff monitored the line as it over spilled outside of the barriers so that people could still get in line.

If 3000 people or more plan on sleeping over I can't see where there will be space for people to lie or even sit down whilst in line over night. At a push I might be able to cope with trying to sleep on a hard floor over night but there's no way I could stay standing on my feet all night in a tight cramped line. As such I think I'm just going to have to hope that I still have a chance of getting in at 5 am.

Just to give people an idea of what the queue hall looked like in London I'm sharing a couple of pics I took.

The first photo was taken just before 11 pm the night before the Rogue One panel and the second one was taken whilst I was in line for the Rogue One panel just after 5:30 am.

13730576_10209584346755705_1066497591_o.jpg 13717944_10209587070783804_405651352_o.jpg

I've just gone back to check my Facebook timeline and messages from the time of Celebration last year to try to get a more accurate picture of how quickly the lines formed last year. I arrived a little before 11 pm the night before opening day to pick up my badge to save time the following morning (I'd traveled to London after work and that's the earliest I could get there). Arriving at that time there was hardly any wait at will call and I quickly picked up my badge. Whilst picking up my badge I took a photo of the queue at that time and was also exchanging messages with someone I knew who was camping out overnight for the Rogue One panel. At 11 pm there were around 300 or so camping out in line, most of whom were in the Rogue One line and a smaller amount in line for Mark Hamill's panel. I joined the Rogue One line just after 5:30 am at which time I estimated there were about 1000 in line in front of me. I do have photos showing the difference in the amount of people in line at 11 pm compared to 5:30 am but can't figure out how to post them here. I do remember that people were pouring in behind me after I got in line and the line very quickly doubled in number.

The one thing I would say is that we're all likely to have a much better idea of what time you'll need to get in line for The Last Jedi panel on the Friday based on what happens for the 40th panel on the Thursday.

Good observation! Thursday will be a litmus test for Friday. I'm leaning towards being ok with the streaming rooms for the 40th on Thursday but making TLJ on Friday our priority to be in the main room.

Question for SWC veterans - what is the time investment for the pre-ordered photo ops? do they give you a specific time to come for your photos? I'm concerned about spending the money on a pre-order and then being locked into waiting hours and hours for the photo op. (I'm guessing Hayden C/Ian M. will require a MAJOR time commitment.)

I's keep checking Star Wars Authentics. Checked a few minutes ago Andy Hayden is completely sold out. Ian McDiarmid still has spots available. I hope the open more spots for Haden for people.

I's keep checking Star Wars Authentics. Checked a few minutes ago Andy Hayden is completely sold out. Ian McDiarmid still has spots available. I hope the open more spots for Haden for people.
I think he's only signing one day that's why it sold out so fast

Any idea when they'll release the time of the photo ops? I'm considering Mark, but want to choose the day base day on how it fits into my "schedule".

Question for SWC veterans - what is the time investment for the pre-ordered photo ops? do they give you a specific time to come for your photos? I'm concerned about spending the money on a pre-order and then being locked into waiting hours and hours for the photo op. (I'm guessing Hayden C/Ian M. will require a MAJOR time commitment.)

From other cons, I've waited up to two hours for a photo op. They are grouping both photo Ops and AUtographs by group (A-D). If it's a two hour block, expect A to be first hour, then B in the second hour. Second session, C to be the first hour and then D the second hour. This is a very different company who is running Autographs and photo ops.

Anyone know how yo sign up for the my show account? My just keeps saying invalid activation.

I was able to sign up for the my show online but the app still doesn't work

Ugh tried online to and not working. Did you buy your tickets? I'm wondering if it is because my fiance bought our tickets so my email isn't in their system.

Ugh tried online to and not working. Did you buy your tickets? I'm wondering if it is because my fiance bought our tickets so my email isn't in their system.
My son bought my tickets but we used my email so maybe that's it

So guys, is it worth spending the money to go if were going to wait in lines all day and not be able to do or see anything? We live in MA so it'll be a long hall just for this and would it really be worth it? Honest answers please!

So guys, is it worth spending the money to go if were going to wait in lines all day and not be able to do or see anything? We live in MA so it'll be a long hall just for this and would it really be worth it? Honest answers please!

That is a hard thing to answer. I've been to NYCC and D23 Expo. Both times I've gotten into panels with out having to stand in auper long lines and only really did one or two autographs. Part of a con is the show floor which is usually full of great stuff. I'm guess since you are asking you don't have airfare, hotel, and tickets yet. I believe 4 days passes are already sold out so if you don't have tickets I would pick one or two days. If you do have tickets they are non-refundable so might as well come and see if Cons are your thing or not.

Are you thinking about doing it for this year or in 2017? This is my first time I'm going because there are things that I want to see and guests I want to meet, so I made the decision seven months ago to go. If your thinking towards this year, you need to have decided months ago because Flights and hotels are expensive two weeks out. If your thinking about 2019, I would spend a day or two watching the Star Wars Show Livestream of Celebration. Watching highlights from 2016 made me decide to do the show.

Are you thinking about doing it for this year or in 2017? This is my first time I'm going because there are things that I want to see and guests I want to meet, so I made the decision seven months ago to go. If your thinking towards this year, you need to have decided months ago because Flights and hotels are expensive two weeks out. If your thinking about 2019, I would spend a day or two watching the Star Wars Show Livestream of Celebration. Watching highlights from 2016 made me decide to do the show.

I've got 4day passes for two! We want to go but don't know if it's really worth it. Not looking to get autographs, just see some screenings and panels but get a good seat! Thats important. We are driving so no worries there.

A really personal decision. Have you looked over all the panels? They have a lot and only a couple of them will require for you to line up early. Also a con atmosphere is awesome, if you're a star wars fan I bet you'll enjoy it. But you have to come in knowing what to expect.

The only thing I can compare it to is MegaCon which i did last year, only on a Saturday.
Was able to get into panels with Hayley Atwell, Ming Na Wen and John Cusack, walked the show floor and left around 5pm
Obviously celebration is a different monster all together but I'm sure in 4 days you'll be able to do a lot

The only thing I can compare it to is MegaCon which i did last year, only on a Saturday.
Was able to get into panels with Hayley Atwell, Ming Na Wen and John Cusack, walked the show floor and left around 5pm
Obviously celebration is a different monster all together but I'm sure in 4 days you'll be able to do a lot
JEAOUS! JOHN CUSACK!!! <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter