A complaint: lack of housekeeping

We were at BWV in May 2021 and we had zero housekeeping for an 8 night stay. Granted, we should have only received a full cleaning and trash and towel at days 4 and 8, but that didn't even happen. We took care of our own trash, had to request towels and generally keep house for ourselves without the proper cleaning tools. Our wood laminate floor was so dusty and dirty it was gross. I don't want to think about the carpets. When I asked about our two scheduled cleaning services, I was told that we had our "room occupied" sign on the door--totally not true. We never use that hanger--we slide the lock at the top of the door that keeps others out. If I had the vacuum that used to be provided and a broom, I could have handled the rest of the cleaning myself--sadly, neither were in the room.

In October 2021, we were at BCV--same cleaning protocols which were met and exceeded. Daily room checks, trash and towels removed/replenished as needed.

It is really the lack of consistency that bugs me no end.

We stayed at BWV for 7 days in May 2021 and got trash and towel daily. Maybe you got a bad crew on your floor.

Just a few posts above I posted my experience of EXCELLENT full service at a Hilton just outside Disney Springs. Hotel was full and there were no issues getting these SUITES fully cleaned top to bottom every day. Clearly their housekeeping was fully staffed.

Disney is paying the average for the Orlando area so the question is .... does Disney offer that much less in the way of benefits OR is Disney just opting to slowly bring back a service saving tons of money, just like they did with the trams.
Your experience is not the norm in Lake Buena Vista.

Your experience is not the norm in Lake Buena Vista.

Well I don't know. I can only attest to where I stayed, and I will take no information as fact unless I experience it or see a detailed review from someone who stayed recently.

The point of my post, in response to OP, is that it is absolutely possible to provide full housekeeping ESPECIALLY given the prices that Disney charges for their hotels. Them not providing it is a serious failure on their part. Full service was provided in Lake Buena Vista market, at a lower priced hotel, with a larger room and full hotel.

Well I don't know. I can only attest to where I stayed, and I will take no information as fact unless I experience it or see a detailed review from someone who stayed recently.

The point of my post, in response to OP, is that it is absolutely possible to provide full housekeeping ESPECIALLY given the prices that Disney charges for their hotels. Them not providing it is a serious failure on their part. Full service was provided in Lake Buena Vista market, at a lower priced hotel, with a larger room and full hotel.
I agree with everything said above. We just stayed at Wyndham Grand in Bonnet Creek area and lhad full housekeeping everyday.

We stayed at SSR from Feb 26-Mar 5. The floor looked ok, but made the mistake of walking around the room in my socks. They were black. I have hardwood, laminate and tile flooring at home, and our socks never get that dirty. We steam clean our floors once a week. So clearly, vacuuming between guests isn't adequate.

I just got back from 4 nights at a Courtyard Marriott in Jacksonville and had no housekeeping at all. Disney is not the only one slow to bring it back.

I just got back from 4 nights at a Courtyard Marriott in Jacksonville and had no housekeeping at all. Disney is not the only one slow to bring it back.
Were you informed on check-in that you would receive no service?

Were you informed on check-in that you would receive no service?

I think they forgot to tell me, but my coworkers were told when they checked in (after a day or two I asked them if they were getting housekeeping and they told me there wasn't any). I was surprised when I went back to my room on the first day, as they still had signs in the bathroom telling you to leave towels on the floor if you want new ones - so I did, and the towel was still on the floor that evening.

We stayed 7 nights in a little mermaid room at AOA in February. We got trash, towels, coffee refills on days 2,4 and 6. Also on day 4, we got a surprise full clean with the beds made and a cute arrangement of my kids stuffed animals. I think it all depends on the housekeeper assigned to you. Some are probably doing the very bare minimum.

We were just at BWI March 18-23 and had every other day mousekeeping. Clearly they had not reinstated full, daily housekeeping.

We stayed at Yacht for a week in December 2021 - like clockwork every other day, we got serviced. New towels, soaps, coffee pods, and a quick clean up, garbage emptied.

We stayed at Boardwalk for a week, end of March 2022 - they only came in once that we could tell (new towels, soap, and garbage emptied). Luckily we asked for extra coffee on day 1 when we saw them in the hall.

I posted over in the AKL thread but haven't gotten a reply yet. Has anyone stayed at Jambo recently, and if you have, can you confirm that they are doing light housekeeping every other day? I was there in early December, and they came once in 9 days after telling me they would come every 3 days, am hoping the situation is better at this point.

Maybe not the best solution but in August last year we had a 2 BR DVC. the second day (first full day) a person came for trash thanked him gave him a 20 and we had trash removed, new towels soap and whatever else was missing or used everyday. 7 nights days at DVC do not get full cleanings. Whatever the opinion if a clean room is what makes you happy the small amount overall.... Other high end resorts costing 6-800 a night did not have daily cleaning/beds made as well as recent as Last month in my experience.

I am In hotels 3-4 nights per week every week. No housekeeping is an industry wide norm at the moment. Nearly all hotels are not providing daily housekeeping. It is more to do with difficulty in hiring enough workers than it does COVID, but they would rather blame it on COVID than short staffing. I think we’ve all seen the billboards with sign on bonuses for fast food workers which is very telling.

For those saying that service should be better in a Disney hotel compared to a Marriott or Hilton property, I agree in terms of the Disney FORMER way of doing business, not the price of the room. You are paying a premium for location, not necessarily luxury or better service. Pop and the all stars are still motels. Port Orleans and Caribbean Beach are fancier motels. You don’t even hit interior hallways at Disney until you are at the Deluxe resorts. At best the Disney Deluxe resorts are 3-4 stars.

Ask anyone whose stayed at the nearby Four Seasons or The Ritz-Carlton if Disney Deluxe hotels are comparable.

That being said, if the room needs vacuuming, by all means request it. Should housekeeping have noticed? You betcha! But honestly, I’m sure they are now stretched very, very thin.
“Cause COVID“ is the excuse we will see in many different industries and CHEAPek will use that excuse to raise prices and lower returns for the customers.

Maybe not the best solution but in August last year we had a 2 BR DVC. the second day (first full day) a person came for trash thanked him gave him a 20 and we had trash removed, new towels soap and whatever else was missing or used everyday. 7 nights days at DVC do not get full cleanings. Whatever the opinion if a clean room is what makes you happy the small amount overall.... Other high end resorts costing 6-800 a night did not have daily cleaning/beds made as well as recent as Last month in my experience.
Great advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter