A cold slap...the rest of the story

tacomaranch

Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on
I wanted to tell everyone about the magic and dreams that happen to us after we left Ohanas.

I was in tears and my entire world had fallen off it's axis when the slap hit. I was just not ok. We all know the feeling between puke and spinning downward.

We went to leave and I thought it would be nice for my DSS, NT to ride the nose. We wait for about 20 minutes for our ride and once we were told to go up front a group of kids from the front car jumped in the nose. The driver thought it was the group. So back we went to the loading dock. I was really a mess and the loader asked what had happen. I could not get the story out without a a river of tears. I then told him about how hard Ohanas had been for us and how upset I was about my son not being able to function in the real world. Or even a Disney world.

A man in a blue shirt listen to our entire story also. His name was Chris and he was not part of the dream team but he did make the day magical. He asked if our family would like to ride in the tail of the monorail? We were thrilled as I had never heard of this.

He said it was for the president, mayors of big cities, Oprah! But he wanted to give a dream. Our NT son even got to sit in the drivers chair while it was active.:cheer2: We got to go around until we wanted to get off. We went around 1.5 times and then said out grateful goodbyes.

We are back home to snow storm and snow on the ground this morning. Life is just back to my version of what I know to be normal and I am feeling better. We go back in 3 months for MNSSHP and I am excited to try Ohanas maybe when DS is older.

We love Disney for the magic they create.

Blessings, April

:grouphug:
It sounds like you ran into a really nice CM who made a little magic for you. Maybe not the 'forwards' magic you were expecting, but it sounds like you found out that 'tail' magic can be just as good.

Wow, how fun! I have never even thought about riding in the "tail". :) That is a neat experience and a memory I'm sure you will all treasure. It's the little things that Disney does that keep bringing people back again and again. Great story.

I hope being back to "normal" helps you feel better about things. No one ever said life was supposed to be easy, but just remember that YOU were chosen to be the mother to YOUR son. You can do it! We're all here for you whenever you need to talk.

I'm glad you guys had a good experience to take the sting out of Ohana's. I've never been to MNSSHP, so I'll have to live vicariously through your trip! Hope you have a terrific time. :goodvibes

I have tears in my eyes reading your post. If I recal your son is austic? I just did the walk for austism in Toronto this pastweekend, supporting a friend and her family. HUGS. I can't wait to share your story with her.

Taylor

That was so sweet of them. I had never heard of that part of the monorail before. Very cool!

My nephew has an autism spectrum (I think a type of aspergers but with cognitive delay). He is 19 now and he and my sister and BIL will be meeting us there next trip. He loved riding in the front of the monorail last time and showed everybody his license when they got home. And boy does he love Rock N Roller Coaster!!

Sandra

It's an amazing place which is why we go there every year. I'm so so happy for you!!!!!! People reach out in the most amazing ways. Congrats to you - and thanks for telling us about it. :goodvibes

Our server at Prime Time remembered us from the year before - -he asked me what kind of characters Kevin liked... I said "the softer the better, and of course, any pretty girl!" He's a 16 yo CP kid - - but still all boy!

Here's a pic of what Richard arranged for us.

kev250spt.jpg

Then I started crying when they asked if they could give him a kiss...

kev450spt.jpg

You know reading the story of what happened, especially after your dinner experience........it really seemed very symbolic for me.

You were waiting for that front car, just like all the typical families do ...because it is the coveted front car. And unfortunately like the real world some typical kids (who were lacking in manners) made it a harder trip for you, therefore making your evening more difficult than it already was. You didn't get the ride you were expecting.

BUT, you were given a special car for your special son. A car reserved for only the most special of Disney guests, not the typical families and kids. Your son was chosen to "drive" the train, as you were chosen to be his Mom. You may have never ridden in that special car if it weren't for your son. You will enjoy a fuller life because of your son. And how lucky he is to have you !

I know it may not seem like it when you have moments like your dinner but when others honor your son like that CM did, or what the CMs did for Kevin (which was totally cool), know that your good days will so outweigh the bad ones.

Enjoy MNSSHP - we are going back, my special son and I !!

HopperFan makes some great points!

I would never have gotten to hug Anthony Wiggle (woohoo!) if not for my son. ;)

Sandra

Thank you Hopperfan!!! It made me cry. Today has been a rough day with ds. So thank, I needed to remember that.

I am so happy that this turned into such a positive experience. Some of the people at DW are just absolutely incredible. I posted this before but my AS son got to "fight" Jack Sparrow and the other pirate and it actually made dreams come true there for him, he was so happy and they were so great with him. And his autistic twin was picked by Crush and after talking to him kept turning around going "he picked me!!" to me. It makes such a difference to know people care.
For everyone with a disabled child, there's that horrible glaring moment when we realize it's not going to be the way we dreamed about when we were pregnant but I try very, very hard to concentrate on the incredible wisdom, beauty and joy that emanates from my three boys on the spectrum. Ok, they're probably not going to do some things but the things they do accomplish will be wonderful, standing ovation accomplishments and they are just fabulous people just like your son who rocks out loud, I'll bet.
For anyone and everyone who did the walks for autism or any other fund raising or awareness - Thank You -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter