A change of Scenery

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi,

This is the first time going to WDW that we dont need to "see it all".

DH and DS plan to go golfing. Going to the Kennedy Space Center. Of course we have to go to BB or TL. Is there any other things you can think of? We've done the resort hopping at Christmas time. Maybe miniture golf?

Any ideas would be great :)

Thanks!

Deb

Deb, we love the mini golf (and remember that we get a DVC discount if you go), and trying something new each time we go to WDW. On our next trip we are going to do one of the fishing excursions on Bay lake. Since we are a family of 5 we will fill our boat. We thought it would be fun for the girls, and us too! Someday we'll do Cirque or the Hoop de doo show, both of which we have never tried. Have fun!

We always rent a boat and cruise the lake in front of MK. The 17' costs $33 / half hour but every time we've used it's been less. I think they are really laid back.

Last Monday we cruised the lake for 45 minutes and they charged us $27! Really strange how they come up with the charges.

Here's a picture:

WDW2005Part3128.jpg

Sounds like a good time to try a tour or two. We're doing the Yuletide Fantasy and the Around the WWorld on a Segway tours this time.

Cirque du Soleil is a great choice if you haven't already seen it - and worth seeing again if you have, IMHO.

Ever been to Disney Quest - I think it is worth a visit, evenif you're not an adolescent boy, LOL.

Ever checked out the WWOS / All Star Sports Cafe?

How about an evening at JellyRolls (on the Boardwalk)?

Best wishes -

Horseback riding at FW is fun too. Its just a walking type ride but it is relaxing and fun to do.

Also the sleigh or hay rides at WL are neat.

Rent a bike at WL and bike to and around Ft. Wilderness. Have a meal at the Trails End, it's buffet, and we like it a lot!

Bobbi :flower:

all the suggestions are great and I have done them too.

but I love the outlet malls and I hate to shop. I do love a bargin.

when I can get 2 pairs of my shoes for less than one pair here....

well I will be back there again!

We wanted to do the Segway tour, but our kids aren't quite old enough at 14 and 12 :( I personally would love to go shopping, but since I'm the only girl in the house, I think I would loose that one ;)

Horseback riding sounds fun and so does Cirque. I think we'll have to try one of these :)

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Deb

Have you gone to Disney Quest? Kids seem to like this. Miniature golf and fishing excursion are also good ideas. We did Hoop De Doo Review on our trip in June. There were 8 of us (2 families) and it was my family's first time. We had a blast. DS (19 y-o) was picked to play a character. It is a lot of fun! If you go to the later show I believe they offer a DVC discount too. Annmarie

We too like the mini golf courses, and began a few trips ago "doing" a different one each trip, kids love it.

Cirque is always a great option if they're performing during your visit.

If you're looking for a thrill, try the Richard Petty Ride Along or Rookie Experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter