• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Budget Idea- McDonalds free food

Monica

Mouseketeer
I wonder if this would work. I get a lot of magazine subscriptions and in each were 2 McDonalds monopoly game pieces. I think they were in last Sunday's paper also. I was thinking about saving (and having my family and friends save) all the free food pieces to use in the DD McDonalds and the one by the All Stars. Do you think this would work or am I just getting too crazy with saving $? I think I already have 4 free sandwich coupons so each person could do their own order and just pay for fries and a drink.

Its not that great of a deal,with the prices of fries and soda sepratly.
it almost costs as much as a value meal,but you get less food.
thats why they offer those kind of prizes, because they get you to spend
more money.
its all about profit .
not to mention the prices at mcdonalds in orlando are expensive!!!
we a couple spend typically 15.00 in orlando at mcdonalds
at home around 8.50.

You want to hear something pathetic? I work in New York City and those prices are lower than the McDonald's around here!

Donna

I'd say if you go before they expire it's a good idea. To take it one step further, depending on the appetites, two people could just order the largest fries, and a large pop and you could share them. Pop is refillable, so you could easily share the pop, and for us the biggest fries is plenty for two of us to share.

Erika

We drive so we use those coupons on the drive down - but if you are staying at All Stars - it would be real convenient to just pick up the free food and take it back to the room and use your refillable mugs for your drink. That would make it real cheap!

Liz

I'm from Ny too so these prices seem normal for us. We are driving from the ASMU to the parks (I broke my kneecap 2 weeks ago and I'm in a full leg immobilizer so no buses for me!). I think that we will try it out for snack for our mid-day break and perhap use a couple of the fee breakfast sandwich ones. I will let you know how it works out!

Make sure you check all the "rules and regulations" Most of the time you can only use one free food coupon per order per person. so if you had kids with you they would have to pay for their own meal in order to get the free food using the coupons. Also make sure what they say about additional purchases. some it is for a free sandwich, no other purchase required (which for me is plenty of food) others may say that it is a free sandwich with the pruchase of a fry and medium drink or free fries with the purchase of a sandwich.

I rarely buy a full meal. I usually just get a sandwich and a bottle of water as that is plenty of food for me. I'll munch on a few of my kids' fries if they don't eat them.

Sounds like a good deal if you keep in mind prices and what you really need to eat to feel full.

:earsgirl:

I have also been saving these for the ride down. I have two breakfast sandwiches and two value meal coupons. I thought it was a great idea!:)

I went and checked the prices and it's funny. They aren't much higher than the price we pay at McDonalds here in Oklahoma :)

So I guess that's not bad. BTW, the price of their larger count McNuggets are easier on the budget and feed more poeple in our house than the burgers.

I think saving the coupons is a good $$ saving idea, especially if you had already planned on going to McD's in the first place.
Gerri

I have heard people mention a McDonald's at Downtown Disney, but I thought that I had heard that there is one down by the All Star Resorts. Are there two McDonald's? Is the one down by AS ON the property or do you have to have a car to get there?

125 More Days to WDW (1st trip!)

Yes, there is also a McDonalds on property by the AllStar resorts. If I am not mistaken, I think there is one in Animal Kingdom also. As well at the one in DD. Someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

McDonalds can be found both in Downtown Disney and by the All Star. The closest All Star to the McDonalds is the Sports and I guess you could walk (probalby about 20 minutes for an adult - each way; I personally would not try it with little kids.) We enjoy the food there actually find it a better quality then our one at home and from NY it's cheaper then we pay here.

I would not attemp to walk from the Music or Movies. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, just it really is a very long walk. They do have a place to park your car and we actually enjoy eating inside, something we never do at our McDonald at home.

I may be wrong but I don't remember one at the AK. it may just be a French Fry cart. They have one of them in the MK also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter