A blast from the past

Our first trip wasn't until 2005, which is fairly recent by those pictures standards.
Mickey and Minnie don't look like they have aged at all. I wonder what their secret is :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing some more if anyone has them :thumbsup2

Our first trip wasn't until 2005, which is fairly recent by those pictures standards.
Mickey and Minnie don't look like they have aged at all. I wonder what their secret is :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing some more if anyone has them :thumbsup2

I thought Minnie's face looks much 'rounder' now (must be middle age spread :lmao:)

On one of the main boards there is a thread where people post their old pics of Disney. It is fascinating as folk have scanned in pics right back to 1974! I will find it when I have a moment and post a link :goodvibes Very interesting - especially to see how those darn view obstructing trees have grown :laughing:

Scan0210Medium.jpg

2 pages and I'm the first to comment on you finding Elvis hiding in plain sight? What gives!? :rotfl:

Great piccies though, thanks for sharing :)

Great pics! I went in 1994 for the first time, and don't remember the skyway so had it closed by then? I do remember 20,000 leagues though!

I though Elvis had got a new job too!! :rotfl:

Claire :)

Fantastic thread! Our first visit was 1995 and looking at those passes we had the same but also had our photo scanned onto the pass (how hi-tech!), they are well and truely stuck into our album so i can't scan them in. i remember it taking ages to get these set up in guest services :goodvibes

i don't remember Skyway either - obviously we were too busy looking at ground level.

Wow! Looking forward to 97 pics, thats the first time. Went with the castle as the cake and i loved the song to the parade "25 years of disney magic" so much so we found the original version and its on our wedding video!

we went in 1997 for the first time too!
great photos Wayne :thumbsup2
funnily enough my sil was showing me a photo album of wdw from a few yrs ago, and apart from having a laugh at the style of clothes, perms and the large deirdre glasses, :lmao: she also had their original super duper passes stuck down in the album

Great photos Wayne. :thumbsup2 Here are a few of ours from our first trip in 1992.

My very first photo of the castle
FT_0016.jpg

A couple from the 21st birthday parade
FT_0002.jpg

FT_0014.jpg

I think Splash Mountain was either in soft opening or had just opened towards the end of our trip
FT_0015.jpg

The Diamond Horseshoe Revue. This was ticket only and you had to pick up the ticket on the day
FT_0001.jpg

Horseshoe.jpg

A few from Discovery Island
FT_0003.jpg

FT_0004.jpg

FT_0005.jpg

FT_0006.jpg

'The Thinker'
FT_0008.jpg

A couple of character pics
FT_0007.jpg

FT_0009.jpg

One of my strongest memories from that first trip is leaning in for that photo to be taken and bashing cheeks with Chip - those cheeks are hard!!

I can't believe how young my Dad looks in this one
FT_0010.jpg

Making a movie at Kennedy
FT_0013.jpg

Great Movie Ride pre big blue hat
FT_0012.jpg

Dad taking part in the boat scene on the backlot tour
FT_0011.jpg

These next ones are probably more on-topic. Firstly the transportation details we were given on check-in
BR1.jpg

BR2.jpg

BR3.jpg

And our resort ID
ID.jpg

And finally our 'super duper pass'
Ticket.jpg

Wayne.....I reckon you will start a few family arguments here :rotfl:
Seems 1993 was a good year for a lot of us.
Off to dig some of mine out.....Think I may have some of River Country and Rosy O'Grady's in DT Orlando :thumbsup2

Off to dig some of mine out.....Think I may have some of River Country and Rosy O'Grady's in DT Orlando :thumbsup2

Oh yes please!! :cool1: I'd LOVE to see those. This is really great. I hope the tread keeps going. It is our very own UK blast from the past thread :thumbsup2

David, thanks for posting those pics. I am so not into history, but make a clear exception when it comes to all things Disney :lmao: Loving this!

Wow, those photos have brought back some memories of our first trip i recall that i loved the aladdin parade in mgm and the sky ride scared me to death:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter