A Birthday Weekend Trip PTR

D-ko

Mouseketeer
So ... when asked what I wanted for my birthday we all know what the answer would be ....

We have Epcot after 4 passes that expire in August, but our main goal was to get a reservation at Le Cellier. I've been trying for 2 years and FINALLY got a ressie so we booked our trip around it. I am just happy to be "in the World" and we are only going to Epcot during our long weekend Fri - Sun, June 25 - 27, 2010. I would never go in June due to the heat, but so be it, we're eating at Le Cellier!

Players:
Me, 36, lifetime Disney fanatic
DH, 35, could care less about Disney, but loves me, bless his soul, has fun when he is there ...
Married 15 years, no kids.

We live in Miami so we are a 3 1/2 hour drive away.

Booked Friday and Saturday night at POR, WaterView, we used to never go for the extra view charges but one trip we got sent to the back of a resort and were miserable and now can't imagine not paying extra for it ($30 extra). DH picked the hotel. We sprung for the dining plan and I feel a great sense of freedom with it. I can't help but penny pinch otherwise, but this will be a culinary trip!

I am SO happy you can get a hotel stay and dining without having to buy passes .. it's a passholder special. The entire trip was only $519 and we'll be eating more than ever!

As far as dining, we eat little, but often, so to "maximize" our dining plan - we have two TS booked per night - around 4:30 and then again around 8:30

Friday =
Rose & Crown Dining Room, 4:20
(Surf & Turf)
Les Chefs de France, 8:30
(the Mr wanted duck breast)

Saturday =
Le Cellier, 4:35
(filet mignon)
Coral Reef, 8:30
(still undecided)

Sunday
Planet Hollywood ($15 package voucher)
(dessert & drink)

As a package perk, we got a free voucher for mini-golf so we will do that during our stay as well (a first for us)

We will probably augment each meal with a soup or appetizer. We are sharing an entree and dessert for each TS.We have eaten only at Le Chefs de France, and even then, we just ate a French Onion Soup and Dessert

We take it very easy while we are there. We enjoy the pool & hot tub and relax most of the day and visit the parks after 4 pm. We do not feel we are giving up anything by only being able to visit after 4pm. It's too hot anyway - we can't hack it!

We had the dining plan, once, in 2005, free dining, back when you got a TS with appetizer, entree, drink, dessert and tip! We truly enjoyed it at it's peak, and am so relieved to even have most of our food paid for before we even get there.

I am so excited!

We are doing the same thing! When we asked our son what he wanted to do for his 10th bday this is what he wanted to do! We will be there June 24-28th. What day is your bday? His is the 25th. He picked Epcot for that day with dinner at Teppan Edo and dessert at Beaches & Cream!

Have fun and enjoy LeCellier!

Teppan Edo is such a FANTASTIC meal! You are going to have such a great time! Our family went there for a New Year's Eve dinner and we cleaned our plates! Dinner and a show is a great way to spend our birthday.

I wrestled with making an ADR there but since we only wanted to use 1 TS credit per restaurant, sadly Teppan Edo was out!

My birthday is the 11th, but the 26th is all I could get for Le Cellier, and I'm grateful to have it at all!.

You registered his birthday as a celebration when you made your dining reservations? Sometimes (not always) they give you a little "something" to make your day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter