A belated graduation and birthday trip

CantWaitToGo2007

Mouseketeer
I know I am way ahead of the game writing this now, but I am just so excited to go on our trip!!:jumping1:

Let's get down to the details

Who: me, my son Justin, and my co-worker Linda

Why: belated 40th birthday trip (me), belated graduation trip (justin - we just had way too much going on last year to go after his graduation), and because she hasn't been since about the 80's! (Linda)

When: December 12-19

I'll get into the where we are staying in another post :goodvibes

Pictures. PTR's are so much more fun with pictures!

Justin

just.jpg

Oh wow. These pictures seem huge on my screen. I will say sorry in advance if they are too large.

Here is one of me.

me.jpg

Since I am not sure if my friend Linda wants her picture in this, we will just have to wait on that.

While we are on a picture posting roll, here are some from our trip June 2013. Justin qualified for nationals in FBLA (future business leaders of america) and it was held in Anaheim. Of course I HAD to go as a chaperon. And since we could see California Adventure from our hotel, how could we not go to Disneyland.....

sm.jpg

sm1.jpg

277 days left. Not that I am counting or anything :hourglass

Nanette

Last edited:
Our home away from home while we visit the Mouse :goodvibes

My parents are members of Worldmark, and rarely use their points. I truly think they bought the timeshare points for my brother and I to be able to go on vacations, but they don't want to admit that. I feel so incredibly lucky to be able to use some of those points for our vacation :banana: This is a HUGE savings to us. We are getting a 2 bedroom condo for 7 days for probably less than 1 nights cost in a hotel. While we have been to Disneyland a couple times (2 years ago at the Marriott, and in 2005 at the Castle Inn - it was very run down back then) we have never stayed at the timeshare there. If anyone has stayed at Worldmark Anaheim let me know what you thought of it.

Here are a few pictures I pulled from their webpage.

wm.jpg wm4.jpg wm2.jpg wm3.jpg

274 days left!

Up next our flights.

Nanette

Last edited:
Flights.

Yes I know it's only March, but we have already booked our flights for December. I am a neurotic list-making uber planner, and have to have all my ducks in a row way ahead of time.

My friend Linda, that is coming with us, had airline miles she had to use by the end of February or she would loose them. She had enough saved up that it cost each of us a whopping $11 a piece round trip! We do have a 3 1/2 hour layover in San Francisco on the way down, but we figured that would be a great time to sit and have real food (instead of airplane peanuts) and charge electronics.

I think we are up to about $65 a piece for hotel and airfare for the week. Not too shabby. I think I may keep a running total of what this trip cost. Just have to remember to keep my receipts at the park...

United_787_800_FL.jpg

271 days left!

Nanette

Last edited:
Oh wow how time flies!

We are at 37 days!!

Here's a quick summary of where we are in the planning process

Hotel for the nigh before our flight and parking - booked. Driving to the airport at 3am didn't sound like much fun, so we are staying the night before closer to the airport. I work 2 hours from home and the hotel is only 20 minutes from work so this worked out great commute wise. Justin will just come hang out with me at work and then we can go straight to the hotel.

Hotel - Worldmark Anaheim (Thank you mom and dad for the points!)

Airplane - Booked (Thank god for airline miles!!)

Park tickets - 5 day park hoppers (saved $20 each buying them through work :) )

Medieval times - booked (saved another $20 each on tickets buying through work. Thank you Swedish Hospital)

Blue Bayou Fantasmic package - booked. Yes I know we can probably get a spot to watch the show just fine without the dinner, but it's so nice to have a fixed price meal.

Big Thunder BBQ - booked. We have never been and I heard they are closing it so we had to put it on our must do's.

Breakfast with Minnie and friends - booked. We have never done a character meal. So excited to see Pooh!

Rental car - booked. Got a really good deal through costco.

Suitcases have been pulled out. Yes I know I still have over a month left, but I couldn't help myself!

Clothes - tried on our summer clothes to see what we may need to order, what doesn't fit, etc. Ordered a few disney shirts from the disney store.
Packing list are made.

I am beyond ready for a vacation! Between work, school, and teaching 4h life has been crazy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter