A band of Pirates caused quite a Splash when they plundered some Submarines

JazzyCatsAtDLR

Earning My Ears
I've read some not so good things recently about Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. I've heard many of the audio-animatronics are broken on both rides. Have any of you been on them very recently? If so, what have you noticed? I know both of them are scheduled to go down for refurbishment in January, but I'm just wondering how they look right now.

Also, one of the official refurb. lists says Nemo is going down on January 6th, but then I saw another one on here that says it's closing on January 16th. Which one is it?

I rode Pirates back in October and while there were probably a few figures that weren't moving (none jump out as being really obvious), it wasn't enough to really detract from the ride for me. I'm glad to hear that they'll be doing some work on the ride, but the non-working figures won't prevent me from riding PotC next month when I'm at DL.

I didn't notice anything not working with them. We were there yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter