A 24th birthday Pre-Trippie

I think you go out with multiple people in the canoe and there is a guide that sits in the front of the boat, so I would imagine its pretty safe. Has anyone ever heard of a canoe tipping over?

I have never heard of a canoe tipping over. They seem to be pretty steady. The biggest issue is sitting behind someone who can't row and you get soaked!

Well gosh, I'm getting nervous already guys...ack! I got out of work around 5PM and was super pumped-- 3 days off from work, time for a mini-vacation and birthday celebration at Disneyland!

But now I'm home, thinking about the whole trip...and I'm getting so nervous. My stomach has this weird feeling in it. I'm hungry, because it's dinner time, but I also don't think I can eat. Uhg.

Tonight I'm packing up and driving 1 hour south to my Mom's house. I'll spend the night there, then leave for Anaheim tomorrow morning. Splitting up the trip like this makes the drive easier...and it's nice to see my family! Especially since they will be watching over my kitty back home.

Speaking of which- Mittens, my 15 year-old furry princess, was either going to stay here with my roommate or go to my Mom's house. During the first and only time I left her here with my roommate for the night, I returned and found her locked in a bedroom. Uhg. He didn't realize she had snuck into the bedroom, so he closed it before leaving the house...rendering Mittens stuck in there for at least an hour.

Needless to say, I was pissed when I got home and found my little baby meowing away in that room. Back home, Mitten's is chased by my mom and sister's 4 dogs. She also doesn't get along with Squeaky, our other cat who is nearly 16 and senile. It was a hard choice on where to put Mitten's, but at least I know she'll get fed and won't be locked in a room back home. So she'll be there until I return on Saturday afternoon. I always miss my little girl when we're away. She's been my best friend while growing up, and now she snuggles with me every night as we fall asleep!

Alright- so there's your update for tonight. :P Feeling anxious, gotta pack and drive to my Mom's house...

Good luck and have fun!
Thanks! I arrived safely at my Mom's house last night. Traffic wasn't too bad, except for a part along the beach towards Ventura. They narrowed down the 3 lanes into 1 lane- bleh.

Thankfully I have a ton of snacks for the next few days. Maybe a few too many snacks, hehe! I have:
bananas
navel oranges
apples
lots of bottle water
Capri-Sun
orange juice boxes
pretzels
mixed nuts
Rice Krispies
Granola bars
Pop-Tarts

LOL-- think that's enough?! Yeah, it's a lot. But I'm here at my Mom's house this morning, and there's nothing for me to eat for breakfast. So I ran out to my car, grabbed an OJ box and some Pop-Tarts, and am eating them now. My mom drinks whole milk, and my sister drinks raw milk, so my cereal options were severely limited by that this morning.

So today is the big day! The drive down to Anaheim. :banana: Actually, that should be a nervous little banana with a belly-ache. :P Last night, before heading to my Mom's house, I got a terrible stomach-ache. It was from being nervous. Anyways, today I'm driving down sometime after 8:30 (hoping to avoid the commuter traffic). My Dad has a couple conference calls this morning, so he's going to head down in the afternoon.

I'm still trying to figure out where to park this morning. I could go straight to the Doubletree, then take their shuttle to DL. I had to call yesterday and see if they would let me on the shuttle without a room key, because check-in is at 3PM. They said it would be okay. However, the shuttle only picks up at the hotel every hour, on the hour. That's not very often.

So it may be easier to just park at Mickey & Friends, hang out at DLR for the morning, then move my car to the Doubletree for check-in. And take their shuttle for the rest of the day.

Oh, decisions, decisions! Today I'm buying an annual pass, which is very exciting. :D Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday, then mine is Friday. So we're going to take turns wearing B-day pins, hehe.

Time to get showered and ready for the drive!:scared:

You'll enjoy yourself!!!! Just keep thinking about the positives & how much fun it is....... that will help you keep things in check!! Great escapes if feeling overwhelmed & panicky........ Hungry Bear Restaurant (bottom floor, by the water is relaxing), GCH lobby is a wonderful place to relax & get away from it all, benches over by the lockers (to the left of the DCA entrance).... not near as busy at that end as it is on the DL side..... find benches to sit & regroup if needed. You Can Do This & ENJOY It!!!!!

Can't wait to hear how things went!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!

So today is my first day at the parks. I left this morning around 9:30, later than planned, because I had to run by Vons to get some allergy medicine and Purrell. The drive took 1.5 hours, the projected time, despite tons of traffic. I arrived at the exit around 11PM, then it took a full hour until I got into the park. Uhg!

Parking and waiting for the tram wasn't bad. BUT, waiting to buy my AP (yay!) took for-stinkin-ever. I'm doing the payment plan, so I had to buy it *in* the parks...no way around that! But I got into the park eventually then had to wait in line to get my photo taken. I swear, patience is the best virtue around DLR. You need lots of it!

Afterwards, I tried my first corn dog at the Little Red Wagon place. It was good, but so big!! I couldn't finish it. Next I wondered around, used the 'secret bathroom', then did the Castle walk through. Wasn't there supposed to be an interactive test that would let you know which character you are most like? Maybe that is somewhere else. Anyways, it was crowded and dark during the walk-through. Made me kinda nervous.

Then I went to the Tiki Room, and got a Dole Float. A couple people asked me how it was! They all wanted one. :P The Dole Whip stand doesn't give discounts for AP's, by the way. Worth noting. ;)

Now I was getting brave and wanted to try the Haunted Mansion! Ruh-roh. It had a 5 minute wait, so I got in line...and once we arrived at the entrance of the house, in the area outside the elevators, I asked if there's a way I could avoid the elevator. I hate elevators, and that one on that ride is like something out of a nightmare for me. So after waiting 7 or so minutes until an extra cast member was available, a CM took me around the ride, through the FastPass exit, and through some tunnels underground. It led me to the waiting area of the ride (where everyone got off after the elevator). It was cool to go down there, make me feel special, but the CM's were not very kind. The gal up at the front of the Mansion seemed irritated when I asked to avoid the elevator. Then the grumpy man who led me downstairs made some remark that if I'm afraid of elevators, I must walk a lot of stairs. Yes- it's true! I take ths stairs everyday to my 4th floor cubicle. :P Ain't no shame in that, right?

So while in that waiting room, with the flashing lights, etc....I started to freak out. We were there for about 10 minutes and the line wasn't moving. It was so dark, and I felt trapped. I started to get a rumbly in my tumbley and asked two nearby CM's (who seemed to be fixing something, I think the ride broke down) if I could exit by the same emergency exit that I came in through. They let me leave, but I began to cry. I felt so ashamed and stupid for not being able to go on the ride. There were lots of kids who were not phased by it, so why was I??

:( Oh gosh. I cried while texting my sister on a bench outside the ride, and I am so disappointed in myself.

My Dad arrived in Anaheim at that time (3ish), so he called me, and I left to meet him at the Doubletree. I'm typing this up from his laptop in our room right now. The room is decent, by the way. Upgrading to a 2-room suite would have cost an extra $100! Yikes! So we're keeping this small room, which I paid $50/night plus taxes and $12/day for parking for.

The cookies at check-in were awesome. ;) Anyways, it's easy to get tired and overwhelmed at the parks. So much noise, distraction, kids everywhere...it's too much sensory intake for me. My Dad took the hotel's complimentary shuttle to Disneyland at 4pm (about 30 minutes after we got checked in), but I needed more time to relax and catch my breath. I'll take the 5PM shuttle and meet him for dinner at Downtown Disney. I hope to have a relaxing meal...maybe get an alcoholic beverage, woohoo!

Also, I feel silly for springing for a freakin Premium Annual Pass. It's so stressful for me to come down here, do I really need it? Probably not. Oh well, the contract has been signed.

I hope everyone else is having a good day. I'll update more tomorrow, or maybe tonight if I can snag the laptop from my Dad again!

:hug: I think you need one of these!!! You're doing fine....but you also know your limits. The anxiety you felt prior to going into the HM only multiplied when the CM's made you feel weird about not wanting to ride the elevator....so by the time you got down to the loading area, your nerves were done....so any delays (which it sounds like there was) was your limit. Good for you for trying......maybe you'll be able to give it a shot again (with your dad??).

Just take each thing slowly & you'll be more comfortable with some things over other things....... it's OK!!!!! There's no pressure to do this ride or that show.....etc. Disneyland is about having fun, leaving reality behind......you get to chose what you want to enjoy....no one else!! Don't put pressure on yourself to do something if it makes you nervous prior to doing it.......

Can't wait to hear more........ :hug: another hug for tomorrow!!!!

:hug: I think you need one of these!!! You're doing fine....but you also know your limits. The anxiety you felt prior to going into the HM only multiplied when the CM's made you feel weird about not wanting to ride the elevator....so by the time you got down to the loading area, your nerves were done....so any delays (which it sounds like there was) was your limit. Good for you for trying......maybe you'll be able to give it a shot again (with your dad??).

Just take each thing slowly & you'll be more comfortable with some things over other things....... it's OK!!!!! There's no pressure to do this ride or that show.....etc. Disneyland is about having fun, leaving reality behind......you get to chose what you want to enjoy....no one else!! Don't put pressure on yourself to do something if it makes you nervous prior to doing it.......

Can't wait to hear more........ :hug: another hug for tomorrow!!!!

Thank you so much for your support, and kind hugs! :hug:

Last night things were better. My dad and I took the Doubletree shuttle to DLR, and visited California Adventure. He went on the Maliboomer (sp?) alone, then we went on Toy Story Mania! It was a lot of fun, but our wrists were so tired afterwards.

I want to take things easy and relaxed, but that's not the way my Dad operates at the park. It's "run, run, run!" Yesterday I did call out to him when he was walking too fast and leaving me behind. He doesn't really realize when I'm not next to him. I haven't told many people this, but he's on the autism-scale. He was diagnosed with Asperger's, and it's very strong in him...Sometimes I think that's why he isn't aware of personal space, or feelings sometimes. And he can space out, mutter to himself, touch his fingers together in a strange way, get very focused on one thing. He's a smart guy however, very intelligent. I love my Dad, and the combined lot of both of us makes for a very special pair. :lmao:

So far I've only taken a few photos, but they will be uploaded this weekend once I'm back in Santa Barbara. :)

Don't let the HM experience discourage you. It sounds like you're doing great! I am sure you will do even better now that you have family to support you. I find it incredibly stressful to be at DL alone and I do not anxiety problems. With family there, it will help "tune out" some of the extra noises and you can concentrate on your conversations with the family.

Just be sure to do what you can, and not worry about what you can't do. We all have some "can't do's" at DL so do NOT feel bad about it!

BTW - the thing that tells you what character you are is located in the Animation Building in DCA. It's a lot of fun! I am Mrs. Potts! woo hoo!

Don't let the HM experience discourage you. It sounds like you're doing great! I am sure you will do even better now that you have family to support you. I find it incredibly stressful to be at DL alone and I do not anxiety problems. With family there, it will help "tune out" some of the extra noises and you can concentrate on your conversations with the family.

Just be sure to do what you can, and not worry about what you can't do. We all have some "can't do's" at DL so do NOT feel bad about it!

BTW - the thing that tells you what character you are is located in the Animation Building in DCA. It's a lot of fun! I am Mrs. Potts! woo hoo!

You are Mrs. Potts, awesome! I got Belle. :P My Dad is the tiger from the Jungle Book, apparently..lol.

So I wrote up a nice long update on the Trip, and then the Hilton internet system decided to go nutso on me so I lost the update. Grr....

Oh well. So last night everything went well at the parks. I took the 5PM shuttle to the park, and met up with my Dad. We walked around California Adventure, and he went on Maliboomer. I watched from the safe concrete down below, haha! We then went onto the Toy Story Mania ride. It took about 30 minutes to get on. The park actually closed while we were in line, so a CM was at the very end of our line..Anyways, the ride was fun but jolty. It kept throwing us around! Our arms were tired by the end of the ride, haha, pulling that string gets tough.

With CA Adventure closed, we decided to get dinner at Downtown Disney as planned. We picked the Rainbow Cafe, which had a 45 minute wait for a table! But we waited for someone to leave one of the tables in the bar area, and took that. Much quicker. :) Dad got the chicken fajitas and a Guinness, and I got a cheeseburger with fries and some green alcoholic drink. I could not taste or feel the alcohol from it, hmm...

On our way back to the shuttle, I had the brilliant idea to pickup some candy from Main St. Bad idea!!! :rolleyes1 Little did I realize that there was an entire stinkin parade going on, with crushes of people on the sidewalk. It was difficult to pass the street. By the time the parade ended and we snuck through the downwards-heading crowd, the candy shop was busy. We decided to quit this candy-searching mission, and just go back to the hotel.

So, being with my Dad at the parks is a lot more fun than being alone. We do stuff together, and I have a pal. :)

This morning we left on the 10AM shuttle to Disneyland. We started off at Buzz Lightyear Astro Shooters..only a 5 minute wait, wow! It was fun but so hard to do. Then I had another brilliant idea- why not try out Space Mountain? :scared1: The line was only 20 minutes, and it was a lot of fun when I was younger. But oh no, times have changed and that ride was way too much for me. When we got into the ride, and moved up to the room with the flashing lights, it was too disorientating for me. I covered my eyes...and kept them covered for the whole ride. I just wanted it to be over with. The ride throws you from side to side, but the worst of it was just all the visuals for me.

Never again! So then my Dad and I talked, and I realized that I need to go on rides which are okay *for me*. Not the rides which are E-tickets, and everyone loves and raves about, but whatever is most comfortable for me. :teacher: A-ha! This means not challenging myself with way too difficult rides and actually being comfortable and having a good time...How long did it take me to accept this?? :laughing:

We went on Pooh next. I loved it. So relaxing, and even the honeycomb we rode on had a nice wave to it. Aah, that is my kind of ride. After picking up some treats at Pooh Corner (An applie pie carmel apple, a Tigger Tale, and a raspberry white chocolate chip cookie), we headed to City Hall. Dad needed his Birthday pin. This morning after 10, the line at City Hall was super long! So it's good that we waited til around noon to go back and get it.

Next we went to get some food at Wine Country Trattotia. What a nice place! It was fairly quiet and removed from all the chaos and noise of the park. I ordered the chicken bruschetta salad, and a lemonade. Dad got a glass of wine. The salad was enormous. Way too big for only 1 fairly-hungry person to eat. It's a shame that I couldn't take the rest back, but we don't have a fridge here and we have dinner reservations anyways. After eating, we went to visit the Hollywood Studios backlot area. We went on the Monsters, Inc ride which was cute. I liked that movie so much. :)

Then we went into Animations, which was cool. While looking at the Woody and friends spinning thing, Dad farted so we hurried along to the next room. Sorry to the guy standing next to us. :rolleyes1

We enjoyed the Beast's Library. I loved how interactive it was, and the attention to detail. Way to go, Imagineers! I am most like Belle, and Dad is most like the tiger from the Jungle Story. So then, with only a little bit of time until the shuttle had it's first pickup for the day, we went to the beer walk through. It was $10 per person, and you get a card with 4 different countries on it. You can choose 1 beer sample from each country. I drank 2 full samples, gave one to my dad, then had to run to catch the shuttle!

Now I'm back in the room, relaxing a bit. We have birthday dinner reservations at 5:30 at Cafe Orleans. Monte Crisco and pommes fritas, here I come!! :)

It sounds like things are going much better now.... I'm glad your dad is there with you & he understands that the bigger rides aren't for you right now!!!

I hope you enjoy your dinner at Cafe Orlean's!!!! We loved this restaurant when we went in March & it is my favorite in Disneyland now.

I'm really going to have to try the Wine Country Trattoria since I hear such good things about it...... I'm not a wine person, so never even thought about eating there.

I hope you're truly enjoying your birthday trip & will look forward to your next update!!

Wow, sounds like you're having a really good time!! I'm glad you're doing what makes you happy. And who wouldn't like apple pie caramel apples, tigger tails and white choco raspberry cookies (I really want one of those now!!)

Oh, so which hotel do you like better?

So last night we had dinner reservations for 5:30 at Cafe Orleans. We arrived right on time, and only waited 30 seconds until they called our name. We got a nice table along the outer perimeter of the restaurant. Dad ordered a cup of gumbo, and he loved it! It was very spicy. We split the pommes fritas and a Monte Crisco. I was really looking forward to trying this, but found it too rich. We split that one sandwich, then only ate half of our portions! So when we left our meal, there was still half a sandwich leftover. Don't they normally give 2 dipping sauces-- creme anglaise and raspberry? We had 2 cups of the raspberry, which I enjoyed, but thought we would get the creme anglaise as well.

They brought out a birthday beignet for Dad. He liked it. Overall the meal was too rich for him, and I felt it was a poor choice for my Dad's birthday dinner. :( He said that he likes trying new things, but that sandwich was not to his liking. Oh well.

So we spent the next hour just walking around, avoiding strollers, then decided to head back to the hotel on the 7:15 shuttle. A little bit later, I went in the hot tub- yay! Nobody else was out there, so I enjoyed it to myself. However, in order to get out there, you have to walk through the lobby and past a bar. It was embarrasing to walk through there (twice) in only my bathing suit and a towel!

Today is MY special day! My birthday! I'm 24, yay! I have breakfast reservations at 9:30 at Carnation Cafe. Unfortunately, my Dad has a conference call this morning so he cannot join me. He's going to stay here at the Doubletree until noon, then he will either drive to the new hotel and use the internet there, or visit the Grand Californian for their internet. Eventually he will join me and we'll go out for dinner. But I'll be alone for a good portion of the day. Meh. I wish that my Mom or sister could come, but it didn't work out for them.

I'm about to drive to the park and get breakfast, my birthday button, and my fun card!

party: Happy Birthday!!!!! I hope you enjoy your morning & your breakfast at the Carnation Cafe!! :bday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! party::bday:

Enjoy your special day!

You're at Carnation Cafe right now and I am uber jealous!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It doesn't feel like my birthday, hehe. Usually I'm with my whole family. This vacation has sort of dragged on. 2 days at DLR would have been ideal. By now I am tired of the parks, tired of big crowds, and tired of sleeping in a hotel bed. Granted, it's only been 2 nights at a hotel, but I like being home. Nice and comfortable, you know?

So this morning we had to check out of the Doubletree :eek: and switch to the Crowne Plaza. Checkin at the Crowne Plaza was 4pm. I called to see if we could check-in early, but they didn't have a room with 2 beds available then (at 2PM) so we had to wait until 4.

Now, back to the morning. I drove to Disneyland, and entered through the Disney Way entrance. It was soooo fast, I loved it. Guess where I was sent to park? Timon!! How weird, right? Apparently they were expecting large crowds today so they were using the overflow lots. It was cool to park there, and take the short tram ride to the parks.

I got into Disneyland by 9:15 (Awesome timing), and the line at City Hall was short, so I picked up my birthday pin and a fun card. Wahoo! Then I walked down to Carnation Cafe to checkin for my breakfast reservation. Their systems were down, but it didn't cause any trouble for me. I was eating alone by the way. The hostess was very kind and friendly to me, but unfortunately my waiter was not. He didn't even wish me a happy birthday!! Can you believe that?! I had my pin on, high and visible. Anyways, he barely gave me the time of day. While still eating my apple pancakes, he dropped off the bill. Strange, I didn't ask him for it yet....And I had wanted to get some coffee. Whatever, I gave him my Annual Pass and my credit card. Then I tipped him a measly 10% for his lack of efforts.

Later my Dad and I got into a conversation about this. He dines alone a lot. Sometimes the waitstaff is extra friendly to a solo eater, but other times they can treat you like crap because you are only one person, and maybe won't leave a huge tip. Let me tell you, that is a terrible way to treat a single diner. Ignoring the single diner, giving them a bad seat, etc...It guarantees that the waiter will get a crappy tip. How about show me some attention, and you'll get a nice hefty tip? Goodness.

So after eating my rather unpleasant breakfast (food was good, waiter made me unhappy), I walked around for awhile. Saw Honey I Shrunk the Audience, then a little bit of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies (not my kinda show). My Dad meanwhile had a conference call, checked us out of the Doubletree, parked his car at the Crowne Plaza, and *walked* to Disneyland. By the time he arrived, he was sweaty and light-headed. We walked over to the Grand Californian so he could set up his computer, and I got him some food. A soda, chicken nachos, and M&M's for him...and a soda for me.

He really liked the nachos, by the way! Hooray! It was our first time eating there. The only thing he didn't like was all the cheese. I think he's crazy, because to me, cheese makes the nachos. :P I wasn't hungry so he ate most of them. Then we went to the UVA bar in Downtown Disney. Dad got some whiskey and I got a mixed Purple drink thingie. That thing did a doozie on me! Without eating lunch, and after having that big drink, I was seriously ready to sleep.

From then on, my mood and energy level kept dropping. I was tired and wanted to check into the hotel, but as mentioned earlier, they didn't have a room with 2 beds available yet so we had to wait til 4. I drug my feet around the parks, and finally ate some popcorn and churro while Dad went on Grizzly River Run. We wasted time in the Animations building until it was time to leave.

Now I'm at the Crowne Plaza. This hotel sucks, pretty much. The sheets are itchy, and walls are paper thin. I can hear everything my Dad is doing in the bathroom :scared: and can hear my neighbors phone conversation. We have an adjoining room, so there is a door between us. This lady was yakking it up on the phone. There are people in the halls, chatting....Uhg. The Doubletree was so much nicer and quieter. I didn't appreciate it until I came here!

Tonight my Dad and I may go to PF Changs for my birthday dinner. We'll see if I have the energy.

This concludes my time at Disney. Tomorrow I will drive back to my Mom's house, and maybe stop in Hollywood at the Disney Soda Fountain. ;) I'll update this thread with pics once I'm back in SB on Sunday!!

That's a bummer about the Carnation Cafe waiter.....hello???? it's my birthday...spoil me rotten!!!!!!

I'm assuming you went to WhiteWater Snacks at the Grand for the nachos??? Their food is so good & you get huge servings!!!!!

That sucks about the Crowne Plaza..... make sure you write a small review for the hotel/motel thread to warn others!!

I really hope you can enjoy the rest of your evening & can salvage your birthday....... it's supposed to be a happy day!!!

Oh, I hope you get to go to the Disney Soda Fountain....I'd love to hear all about it!!!!!

by the way, are you taking pictures?????? I love pics!!

That's a bummer about the Carnation Cafe waiter.....hello???? it's my birthday...spoil me rotten!!!!!!

I'm assuming you went to WhiteWater Snacks at the Grand for the nachos??? Their food is so good & you get huge servings!!!!!

That sucks about the Crowne Plaza..... make sure you write a small review for the hotel/motel thread to warn others!!

I really hope you can enjoy the rest of your evening & can salvage your birthday....... it's supposed to be a happy day!!!

Oh, I hope you get to go to the Disney Soda Fountain....I'd love to hear all about it!!!!!

by the way, are you taking pictures?????? I love pics!!

Hey! Yeah, we got nachos at White Water Snacks. I wasn't very hungry then, so my Dad ate most of them. I would definitely get them another time- very cheesy and a good price, for Disney!

Last night my Dad and I got dinner at a sports bar in the parking lot adjacent to our hotel. I had considered getting dinner at PF Changs or at the Cheesecake Factory at the Anaheim Gardenwalk, but I was too tired to even drive somewhere and bother with that. So, my Dad got a couple beers and we split a pizza at Oggi's. I asked the waiter for a candle or something to blow out, since it was my bday. He brought out some ice-cream with a candle on it, so I could wish upon that. :)

I'm going to celebrate my bday another day with my Mom and sister, since they couldn't make it to Disneyland yesterday. I hope to go out to a nicer restaurant with them! And maybe get a real birthday cake. :P

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the Disney Soda Fountain this morning. I also wanted to visit Crumbs Bake Shop, and load up on cupcakes, but I was having trouble with my GPS and I've brought home some goodies from Disneyland...so eating that plus cupcakes would be overkill!

Yes, I did take pictures! I will upload them once I'm back in Santa Barbara, and at my own computer. :P

P.S. I saw another Dis-er at White Water Snacks! It was a tall-ish, thin guy who looks really goofy in his pictures. He wears a baseball cap at an angle too. I don't know his name, but I've definitely seen his picture in some trip reports. :P

Cool, can't wait to see the pics. I'm glad the sports bar brought you a birthday ice cream...that's nice!!

Bummer about the Disney Soda Fountain...I really want to go there!!!

Did you introduce yourself to the DIS-dude?? It's neat when you run into a fellow DIS'er!!!

Who is ready for some pictures?! Wahoo! :P I spent Saturday night at my Mom's house, and got a much better night's rest. It's tough for me to sleep at hotels, it's so uncomfortable not being in your own bed, and hearing strange noises.

The drive back to Santa Barbara went pretty easy, although it got hot once I got into town. It's times like those when I wish the A/C worked on my car. Poor little Mittens (my cat) hates the car drive, by she's happily at home now.

Pictures!!!! P.S. How can I edit the title of this thread? I want to update it with info that my pics are posted.

DAY 1

On my first day, after braving the 1.5 hour drive from my Mom's housing, parking at Mickey & Friends, waiting about 30 minutes to buy my first Annual Pass, getting that picture taken, then waiting in line at the Red Wagon...I got my first Disneyland corn dog! Man, these are huge!
IMG_0523.jpg

I couldn't finish mine, by the way. It was ginormous. By the way, I brought that Pepsi with me. They only sell Coke products in the park.

Next, I walked around and toured Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I'm not sure what I did next, as my memory is blurry. I did write about each day and post them on the previous pages.

Later that afternoon my Dad arrived (he had a conference call in the morning). We walked around CA Adventure, and he went on the Maliboomer (sp?)!
IMG_0530.jpg

Then we walked over to Toy Story Mania.
IMG_0534.jpg

It was our first time on that ride. They load people onto the ride verrrry quickly, if I remember correctly...with the moving walkway.

For dinner that night we went to the Rainforest Cafe. I had a $10 off coupon, thanks to the disboards!
I ordered a cheeseburger with fries. It was decent but too big, I couldn't finish it.
IMG_0535.jpg

Dad was starving because he didn't eat lunch that day. He ate the entire meal of chicken fajitas!
IMG_0536.jpg

DAY 2.

I met Buzz Lightyear!! I felt embarrassed about getting my photo with him, but my Dad said, "It's alright, everyone is a kid at Disneyland!" That made me feel better. :P
IMG_0539.jpg

BRB- dinner just arrived!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter