• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A (2019) HalloXmas trip to Asia - Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo! - COMPLETED 5/1!!!

Funny thing is, besides the morning, it wasn't necessarily low crowds. There could be some longer wait times, but the park itself is designed to absorb large crowds very well (wide pathways, lots of hidden queue areas, lots of restaurant seating). Interesting to see a park designed in the 21st century!

I hear an Engineer's voice here.

I really did love this show! Yeah, I didn’t understand everything that was happening, but it was cool to see all the stunts and technology involved. Yet another “WOW” moment care of Shanghai!

I would love to see this show!

pJc5ZQ6.jpg

This looks really good too.

Okay all your photos of all the pirate areas are 😍 😍 😍

Oh my GOODNESS everything there looks amazing!

So cool, was it Mickey & Gang characters mostly?

Because of course they do. Another thing to add to my ever-growing list of food to stuff my face with when we finally get over there.

Must save the rum!

Oo what was the texture like? Was it like normal shave ice? It looks so yummy!
Yeah, I'm sure once you get to go you'll take so many better photos of Treasure Cove!

The character walk-out was (it seems all the characters meet in duos) Mickey & Minnie, Chip & Dale, Goofy & Donald, Duffy & Gelatoni, and Shellie May and Stella Lou! It was just fun to be eating and then suddenly hear all the band and watch the characters parade out!

It was like proper Hawaii shave ice, so basically soft as snow, not hard ice! It was so good!
I hear an Engineer's voice here.

I would love to see this show!

This looks really good too.
Haha, yeah I can't turn off the engineer!

The show was sooo cool and shave ice so yummy!

The Pirates stunt show looks FANTASTIC. I'm usually not big on stunt shows, but that looks pretty amazing. The set and everything just looks incredible.

Also, Snow Ice... very interesting. I'd be curious to try that out one day.

(About 2 months before I arrived they had unfortunately closed down the Tarzan show (which I think looked Cirque de Soleil style, which I was bummed about. Maybe they will replace it with something new soon? And since writing the last sentence it looks like they did add some new show which opened when SHDL reopened, something about Mickey and color, though that may just be a seasonal thing, so maybe there will be a rotating series of seasonal shows?)

Super sad you didn't get to see the Tarzan show - it was amazing at soooo much better than the Captain Jack Stunt Show (which I liked, but found hard to follow because it was in Mandarin - so I didn't really understand the story, though the stunts were impressive).

Hi! I've been reading lots of trip reports to pass the time and to scratch that Disney itch. I've really enjoyed yours so far! Looking forward to following along on the rest of your multiple park journey!

Super sad you didn't get to see the Tarzan show - it was amazing at soooo much better than the Captain Jack Stunt Show (which I liked, but found hard to follow because it was in Mandarin - so I didn't really understand the story, though the stunts were impressive).
Hope you are well, Rachelle, and your son if he has arrived :)

Hope you are well, Rachelle, and your son if he has arrived :)
Hi - so nice to hear from you. I'm doing well - just over 38 weeks now and we expect our little boy next week or the week after. I'll be induced just after 40 weeks if he hasn't arrived by then so it's good to know I won't go too far over my due date (which is the 21st).

I have had a great pregnancy mostly and he is doing very well and measuring well. The only real road block was when I contracted Bells Palsy a few day before my baby shower. Its a paralysis of the left side of my face and makes me look odd, and makes talking and eating hard. It's not permanent, and the OBGYN says it's common in pregnancy due to increased swelling/fluid and that most people see it go away pretty soon after delivery. It's gotten a bit better in the just over 2 weeks since it happened, so I'm hopeful.

Hi - so nice to hear from you. I'm doing well - just over 38 weeks now and we expect our little boy next week or the week after. I'll be induced just after 40 weeks if he hasn't arrived by then so it's good to know I won't go too far over my due date (which is the 21st).

I have had a great pregnancy mostly and he is doing very well and measuring well. The only real road block was when I contracted Bells Palsy a few day before my baby shower. Its a paralysis of the left side of my face and makes me look odd, and makes talking and eating hard. It's not permanent, and the OBGYN says it's common in pregnancy due to increased swelling/fluid and that most people see it go away pretty soon after delivery. It's gotten a bit better in the just over 2 weeks since it happened, so I'm hopeful.
Glad to hear you are both doing well and all the best for the birth 😄

I also got to see some more CMs making up flower Mickeys!

How pretty!

I stopped for a Mickey Ice Cream Bar, Shanghai style. Because, rather than being just vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate, it also had chocolate ice cream ears!

Yum! They could do that here easily!

Then the reveal – the whole backstage area has been revealed, with multiple levels and screens and everything! Very cool!

Oh my gosh, how cool!

I have NO idea how I missed that you started this! I've read through the first 5 pages and will catch up more over the weekend! I have to admit that I cried seeing the AIRPORT of all places. I miss traveling so much!
Looking forward to reading more!

The Pirates stunt show looks FANTASTIC. I'm usually not big on stunt shows, but that looks pretty amazing. The set and everything just looks incredible.

Also, Snow Ice... very interesting. I'd be curious to try that out one day.
The show was really cool!

I already knew I liked shaved/snow ice from Hawaii, but this one had a lot of different flavors!
I know, I wish I could have seen it!

I can't wait to see photos of your son!
Hi! I've been reading lots of trip reports to pass the time and to scratch that Disney itch. I've really enjoyed yours so far! Looking forward to following along on the rest of your multiple park journey!
Thanks!
Yum! They could do that here easily!
I know they could!
I have NO idea how I missed that you started this! I've read through the first 5 pages and will catch up more over the weekend! I have to admit that I cried seeing the AIRPORT of all places. I miss traveling so much!
Looking forward to reading more!
Haha, yeah makes sense! I started ugly crying when I watched the WDW return commercial!

Part 5-Through the Looking Glass!

After lunch I headed up into Fantasyland

GEkYX6N.jpg
Nv82n3A.jpg
tqkhwll.jpg

And decided to check out the Alice in Wonderland Maze.
(FYI, @PlutosRHM55 this is the place I think you would adore!)

eMHTKvU.jpg
hLxovMb.jpg

This is based on the live action movies, not the cartoon (the one in Paris is based on the animated movie). So, it has a lot of “steampunk” and fantastical elements. Also, awesome music coursing through the whole thing that really makes it feel special.

The opening garden, including some story pages

CLSrEKI.jpg
GQirTt0.jpg
zPc4Mw1.jpg
3gina9O.jpg
VRovxdx.jpg
0TrCpZV.jpg

Which one to pick?

JxDcyoa.jpg

I think I chose #2, and they do actually all lead to different pathways. The different pathways aren’t that long though, so I did backtrack a bit to see each of them.

Oooo that does look really cool for photos, especially the Red Queen area. That throne calls me to the most.

I love this! I would have had to try all 3 doors too. I'm still amazed at all the details.

Love seeing a new park. It does remind me a lot of DLParis- the only other park I've been to, other than WDW.

Can you go into the castle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter