A 16th birthday extravaganza! A teen's October 2012 PTR!

Love the plans so far!!

Thanks! Btw, saw your Disney Cruise TR link on the teen board - I just forgot to comment! I'll get to that soon. :)

Hi, great PTR so far! I agree, it's too bad all of the DL hotels are about $200/night and up! But there are some decent good neighbor hotels for much less.

One thing to note is that the Disney Soda Shop is actually in downtown LA, so it's not that close to Disneyland itself. I'm not sure if you said you're renting a car or not, but you'd need one to get there I think!

Hi, thank you! Yeah it's too bad. :sad2: I wish they had value or moderate level ones like WDW so we could still stay on property, but the walk from the Good Neighbor hotels won't be too bad!

We weren't planning on renting a car, we were planning on taking a cab. Stupid question (It's late at night. :rolleyes:) but they do have cabs in LA, right? :laughing: I'm so used to NYC. But how long of a ride is it from Anaheim to downtown LA?

I'd recommend trying the Blue Bayou. It's the restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean. I've been a few times with my husband and we've never been disappointed. How fun it will be for you to be able to celebrate your birthday at Disneyland!!

Thanks for the recommendation. That would be really special to eat inside a ride! :laughing: I'm so excited!

-------------

I have a question, if anyone could answer it that'd be great! I know you can order special cakes from the bakeries in WDW and get it delivered to a restaurant. Do they have anything like that at DL?

Mom said she wants to stay on Disney property, which is always fine by me. :thumbsup2
We're going to stay at Paradise Pier. I love the rooms and just the theme of the whole resort, I'm excited. :goodvibes

Thanks for the recommendation. That would be really special to eat inside a ride! :laughing: I'm so excited!

It is a fun experience since they don't have anything like it in WDW.

I have a question, if anyone could answer it that'd be great! I know you can order special cakes from the bakeries in WDW and get it delivered to a restaurant. Do they have anything like that at DL?

If I remember correctly they do. Try calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-3463 and hopefully, they can direct you to the right people.

Mom said she wants to stay on Disney property, which is always fine by me. :thumbsup2
We're going to stay at Paradise Pier. I love the rooms and just the theme of the whole resort, I'm excited. :goodvibes

That is exciting!!!! We love the Paradise Pier!! Just remember that you can cut through the Grand California Hotel to get to the parks. It's a little bit shorter of a walk than going through DTD.

It is a fun experience since they don't have anything like it in WDW.

If I remember correctly they do. Try calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-3463 and hopefully, they can direct you to the right people.

That is exciting!!!! We love the Paradise Pier!! Just remember that you can cut through the Grand California Hotel to get to the parks. It's a little bit shorter of a walk than going through DTD.

Thanks so much for the number and the tips, I'll write both in my planning book. :thumbsup2

Its a good choice to stay onsite as that will get you into any and all Morning Magic Mornings during your stay , like an AM EMH. However there is a lot of speculation that this will change. Currently you get entry to one MM, they have 4 a week, with a PH 3 days or longer. These are only into DL's Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

You might see how the tickets work out and use a mix of PH and comp tickets depending on how it goes next year.

As far as hotel discounts that could change too, but they very from percent discounts to discounts for hotel/ticket packages.

Also the Hilton is not close, not so close to walk. It may be fine in the morning but you will be waiting for a shuttle at night. It's almost certain.

Ladylyon was totally right, you can get birthday cakes at all TS locations in the parks and hotels.

If you choose Blue Bayou, ask to be seated next to the water that way you can watch the boats go by while eating. I know quite a few people who have their birthdays there.

From Paradise Pier hotel you can walk to the main gates easily or take the monorail to Tomorrowland. It is a great way of getting back to the hotel from Disneyland at night too.

I love now living close to Disneyland and remember the excitement I had when we would come down as a family. You will have so much fun!

I also have some suggestions too:

Disneyland
Plaza Inn – Breakfast with ‘Minnie and Friends’
Blue Bayou
Cafe Orleans
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante’
Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port

California Adventure
Taste Pilots Grill
Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
Wine Country Trattoria, at the Golden Vine Winery

Downtown Disney
ESPN Zone
Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria
Rainforest Café

Hotels
Storyteller's Café
Goofy's Kitchen
Steakhouse 55
PCH Grill

I'm in :) I have only been to disneyland once when i was 4 years old and I don't remember much and I have never been to DCA. I really want to go back now that i am 20 and will actually remember stuff. I really want to see world of color! The only problem is that because my mom and i love disney world so much we don't really want to not go there for our mother daughter vacation. We are both thinking we need to take a trip there though

Its a good choice to stay onsite as that will get you into any and all Morning Magic Mornings during your stay , like an AM EMH. However there is a lot of speculation that this will change. Currently you get entry to one MM, they have 4 a week, with a PH 3 days or longer. These are only into DL's Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

You might see how the tickets work out and use a mix of PH and comp tickets depending on how it goes next year.

As far as hotel discounts that could change too, but they very from percent discounts to discounts for hotel/ticket packages.

Also the Hilton is not close, not so close to walk. It may be fine in the morning but you will be waiting for a shuttle at night. It's almost certain.

Ladylyon was totally right, you can get birthday cakes at all TS locations in the parks and hotels.

Yeah, my mom felt better about staying onsite especially since we've never been there before. I didn't know the Hilton wasn't that close. In my planning books they made it sound like it was just down the block. :laughing: Thanks for all of the tips!

If you choose Blue Bayou, ask to be seated next to the water that way you can watch the boats go by while eating. I know quite a few people who have their birthdays there.

From Paradise Pier hotel you can walk to the main gates easily or take the monorail to Tomorrowland. It is a great way of getting back to the hotel from Disneyland at night too.

I love now living close to Disneyland and remember the excitement I had when we would come down as a family. You will have so much fun!

That would definitely be a fun experience. :goodvibes You're very lucky to be living so close! I have a friend who lives around there and she says she can hear fireworks sometimes. :wizard: Thanks so much!

I also have some suggestions too:

Disneyland
Plaza Inn – Breakfast with ‘Minnie and Friends’
Blue Bayou
Cafe Orleans
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante’
Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port

California Adventure
Taste Pilots Grill
Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
Wine Country Trattoria, at the Golden Vine Winery

Downtown Disney
ESPN Zone
Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria
Rainforest Café

Hotels
Storyteller's Café
Goofy's Kitchen
Steakhouse 55
PCH Grill

Thanks for listing them! We love Italian so we were thinking we could go to Wine Country Trattoria. Also, we were thinking about doing a breakfast in one of the hotels one morning. :)

I'm in :) I have only been to disneyland once when i was 4 years old and I don't remember much and I have never been to DCA. I really want to go back now that i am 20 and will actually remember stuff. I really want to see world of color! The only problem is that because my mom and i love disney world so much we don't really want to not go there for our mother daughter vacation. We are both thinking we need to take a trip there though

Thanks for joining. :) I have been wanting to go to DL for a while, but like you I didn't want to give up a WDW vacation! I thought next October would be great because next July we're staying for 2 weeks at WDW to use our AP's. You guys should plan a trip to DL since you'll actually remember it now! It will be a somewhat new experience. :goodvibes

Like I mentioned before, my mom works in the media which means she is able to get free tickets! She works with ABC, and ABC is Disney so when the time comes she is going to ask them and see what she can get. She doesn't think she'll be able to get 8 tickets (4 DCA, 4 Disneyland) so we'd just buy whatever else we need by ourselves. It saves us money! :goodvibes

I am a DIS lurker and I have just joined! :cool1: I wanted to make comment on this, because first: How lucky you are! Second: I have a cousin that works for ESPN and she is mostly able to hook me up when I go to DL once a year. I am assuming the tickets my cousin gets me would be the same your mom is able to get for you. The vouchers my cousin gets me are always good for a one day PH ticket. Just thought I would share that and maybe your mom will only need to get 4 tickets rather than 8..

I am a DIS lurker and I have just joined! :cool1: I wanted to make comment on this, because first: How lucky you are! Second: I have a cousin that works for ESPN and she is mostly able to hook me up when I go to DL once a year. I am assuming the tickets my cousin gets me would be the same your mom is able to get for you. The vouchers my cousin gets me are always good for a one day PH ticket. Just thought I would share that and maybe your mom will only need to get 4 tickets rather than 8..

Thanks for joining! That's really cool! :) Oh...I'm a bit confused with my math, sorry!
I was thinking we'd each need a ticket to each park every day. (I'm just going to make up what order we go to the parks but, First Day DL = 2 Tickets, Second Day DCA = 2 Tickets, Third Day DL = 2 Tickets, Fourth Day DCA = 2 tickets, Overall = 8 Tickets) That makes sense, right? Or am I just thinking wrong? I never was good at math....;)

:)
Thanks for joining! That's really cool! :) Oh...I'm a bit confused with my math, sorry!
I was thinking we'd each need a ticket to each park every day. (I'm just going to make up what order we go to the parks but, First Day DL = 2 Tickets, Second Day DCA = 2 Tickets, Third Day DL = 2 Tickets, Fourth Day DCA = 2 tickets, Overall = 8 Tickets) That makes sense, right? Or am I just thinking wrong? I never was good at math....;)

4 days, 2 people. 1 ticket per person per days. Looks like 8 to me too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter