9 hr layover in Paris? Can I see anything?

wackywexler

Grew up going to Disneyland, first time WDW & DCL
I am looking at airfare for the mediterranean cruise on DCL. There is one trip that has a 9 hour layonver from 11 in the morning till 8 at night at CDG airport. I think that Disneyland would be too far, we have never been to France, is there any popular sites to see close to the airport that might work with these time parameters? Thank you for any help you can provide! :sunny:

Well it depends - If you are at CDG then DLRP is only something like 10 minutes away by TGV Train.

Hmmm, I didn't realize that, I would imagine it takes many hours to see DLP?

wackywexler said:

It does, but you could get a good 5-6 hours of park time. The train takes you from the airport to the Disney park gates. In 6 hours you could do most of the main park. It'd depend on what time of year you'd be going. If it's summer you wouldn't get much done. In winter you could do pretty much every ride.

wackywexler said:

Depends how crazy you want to be!!! I've done a day trip from the UK and spent about 9 hours there. Obviously you would have slightly less time to actually spend at DLP, but you could certainly get a feel for the place and probably do quite a few rides.

What month will you be going, and do you know whether you will be there on a weekday or weekend - weekdays are much quieter out of school holidays.

Also the terminal you land at/depart from could make a difference! The TGV station is located at Terminal 2 - so if that is where you land, you can walk to the station, rather than having to bother with the airport shuttle bus.

Hi wackywexler and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

It is good that you have time between transfers. I suppose you need to look at time to get through imigration and then check in time for your follow on flight to see what hours you have. You may be able to spend a few hours in the park. :)

As others have said, DLP is easily do-able. We've taken the TGV high speed train. It only takes 10 minutes, and arrives at the main gates to Disneyland Paris. The VEA bus is another alternative.

From CDG, we've also taken the RER train to Paris. In March, it was 7.85 EUR one way, or a one day pass (Moblis) is 12.10 EUR.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter