9 days until my memories wedding!

impromptudisneybride

Earning My Ears
I'M super excited about my wedding next week! I've started to have nightmares... Forgot to call the photographer and hair people so they didn't show up... Terrifying.

I'm starting to get slightly bummed though about not doing the "big" Disney wedding. It was a very last minute decision that I know I won't regret per se... And I know it will be great and memorable. I'm
Mourning over the loss of the option of doing photo session at the castle and another theme park, even though the "proof disk" is laughable... I'm trying to tell myself that l'll do another photo session if we honeymoon there...

I'm sure I'll be perfectly happy with my photographer and videographer. And I love the fact that this will be intimate... Just us and his two kids... And after we're done with our photographer, we're heading to the parks! I jammed this in the middle of an already busy vacation...

Hiya! I am having an Escape wedding in December and have had some of the same feelings as well (am I going to regret having only a few friends there) and there have also been a lot of bumps while planning. Of all people, it is actually my boss who keeps reminding me that when it is all over, I will be married to the love of my life, and she's right. I have never wanted a "wedding", I have wanted to marry DF and DF just wants to marry me (he really just wanted to elope and not deal with a wedding at all). So, we are both getting what we want, plus a little extra with the Escape wedding. You will be happy! You called everyone you needed to, they are going to show up and everything will be wonderful! When it is all said and done, if you do feel like you missed something, there are always vow renewals and anniversaries. Best of luck to you!

Hiya! I am having an Escape wedding in December and have had some of the same feelings as well (am I going to regret having only a few friends there) and there have also been a lot of bumps while planning. Of all people, it is actually my boss who keeps reminding me that when it is all over, I will be married to the love of my life, and she's right. I have never wanted a "wedding", I have wanted to marry DF and DF just wants to marry me (he really just wanted to elope and not deal with a wedding at all). So, we are both getting what we want, plus a little extra with the Escape wedding. You will be happy! You called everyone you needed to, they are going to show up and everything will be wonderful! When it is all said and done, if you do feel like you missed something, there are always vow renewals and anniversaries. Best of luck to you!

Wow thank you so much. I feel so much better. That's where I started and in amongst all the last minute stress I got thrown.

I have been feeling the same way. I am getting married in February but we just don't have the funds for a huge wedding now. After talking to my DF we have decided that if we have the money for a five or ten year anniversary we will do the big wishes vow renewal. As for the photoshoot in the parks, I spoke to a Disney photographer and she told me to remember "once a Disney bride always a Disney bride.". When I asked her what she meant she said that if I wanted to do a photoshoot years down the road I just had to call ( and pay of course). Keep your chin up. Your wedding day will be amazing and just remember even if little things don't happen the way you want you are still married to the person you love.

I have been feeling the same way. I am getting married in February but we just don't have the funds for a huge wedding now. After talking to my DF we have decided that if we have the money for a five or ten year anniversary we will do the big wishes vow renewal. As for the photoshoot in the parks, I spoke to a Disney photographer and she told me to remember "once a Disney bride always a Disney bride.". When I asked her what she meant she said that if I wanted to do a photoshoot years down the road I just had to call ( and pay of course). Keep your chin up. Your wedding day will be amazing and just remember even if little things don't happen the way you want you are still married to the person you love.

Thank you so much! Everyone here rocks.

Off topic, just last night, 9 days before the wedding, we found out that my soon to be stepdaughter got lice at her mom's this weekend. Way to add a little more stress to my life and week before the wedding... I SO DON't want to be a bride with lice!!! So today instead of packing and getting last minute stuff done, I get to wash everyone's bedding and pillows and spray all kinds of surfaces etc. I am so not happy.

Yes, this is true. I was told this by my contact in DPS sometime after our wedding. (we loved our pics but I was a little dissapointed that we didn't get any nighttime shots and that I hadn't lost any weight)...

So, I reached out to her recently as we are planning a VR in 2019 (no laughing) and if we could do our reshoot then and she said sure, depending on block out dates etc.

So, hopefully they won't change their minds. I don't see why they would, I mean, you have to pay for it etc.

We were an Escape wedding and would do a Memories VR I think....

impromptudisneybride said:
Thank you so much! Everyone here rocks.

Off topic, just last night, 9 days before the wedding, we found out that my soon to be stepdaughter got lice at her mom's this weekend. Way to add a little more stress to my life and week before the wedding... I SO DON't want to be a bride with lice!!! So today instead of packing and getting last minute stuff done, I get to wash everyone's bedding and pillows and spray all kinds of surfaces etc. I am so not happy.

Lice is never a fun thing. Its unfortunate that it happened so close to the wedding. If I remember correctly (it has been 10-12 years since I have had it) it doesn't take too long to get rid of. When I had it my mom started using the lice shampoo and conditioner on her and she never got it so hopefully keeping the bedding clean and doing preventive things will help. Keep you head up!

Lice is never a fun thing. Its unfortunate that it happened so close to the wedding. If I remember correctly (it has been 10-12 years since I have had it) it doesn't take too long to get rid of. When I had it my mom started using the lice shampoo and conditioner on her and she never got it so hopefully keeping the bedding clean and doing preventive things will help. Keep you head up!

Thanks! We caught it early and I think we're in the clear. That being said, we're treating again to be on the safe side! These lice aren't coming on vacation with us unless they kick in some $$!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter