9 days to go!!!

dlpSteve

Mr Dedicated to DLP
Until we'll be honeymooning in Disneyland Paris!

Great timing as the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD is out on Monday so I can buy that and then go on the ride far too many times a few days later!

pirate: - a Pirate of the Caribbean!!!

To say we are excited is an understatement - Christmas, Honeymoon and Disneyland Paris - best combination ever!

How was the honeymoon? I hope it was all you dreamed of and more. I know you are probably busy settling into married life, but if you can find a moment to report on the trip I know I speak for many when I say we'd love to hear about it!

All the best,
Jody

OK, just a brief summary until I catch up on all my work!

Stayed at Sequoia Lodge

We got upgraded from a standard room to the honeymoon suite - they said that they do upgrade VIP visitors from time to time! Only reason I can imagine for that is that we have been to DLRP 3 times in the last 18 months! Huge huge room with awesome lake and park views.

Sequoia Lodge Bar - not the romantic setting we expected! Very light and spacious which seemed more family orientated than 'couply'. The big fireplace was rarely at more than a small glow and the seats were arranged so you couldn't sit near it anyway! Much much prefer the bar at the Cheyenne.

Weather was cold but dry for the most part. We were prepared for the cold so we wrapped up warm!

I had read that Fantillusion was a poor effort compared to the Tokyo version but having now seen both I think the Paris one compares very well.

The new show in Videopolis is great with some really great singers - just wish more shows had actual singing rather than miming.

Phantom Manor being closed was disappointing but it will make it even better when we go in the summer.

We bought a pavings stone for the Park and got one in the Studios for free - good deal.

Had meals at:

Beaver Creek Tavern - plentiful buffet starter and fantastic Duck Confit main course. Could only manage choc mousse for desert. Very good value and super quick service.

Buffalo Bills - average food but continual drink top ups. As a whole I think the 90 minutes is quite over priced at 52 Euros a person - especially with the current exchange rate! I personally didn't find the show all that impressive.

Blue Lagoon - the highlight of the week. Never fails to impress. This time I had Crispy Crab 'thingies' followed by King Prawns - delicious! One of the best restaurants anywhere in the world!

King Ludwig's Castle - very nice food at reasonable prices but the service was pretty atrocious. They forgot things and were less than slow all evening - a great place that needs more capable staff.

Planet Hollywood - very good food and service, as usual.

We both loved the Christmas Market in Disney Village and bought a few trinkets. The atmosphere in the park was great and Studio 1 was even more lively than when we last went - I do love that area of the Studios. Finally got to see Animagique which is a great show. Couldn't resist seeing Cinemagique once again - I'll never get bored of that!

Went on the Pirates of the Caribbean just 8 times this visit - only serious waiting time was on the Sunday which is to be expected.

Disney Express Luggage service on the Eurostar is very handy - not had that before, is it a new thing? Meal packs were nice - chocolate on the way back :)

Overall we had a superb time and definitely chose the right destination for our honeymoon - can't wait to go back in the summer and see our paving stones. Look out for:

Steve and
Denise Riley
Exeter
06/12/03

That's us :teeth:

Honeymoon suite! Well, you did deserve that being such frequent guests! I'm so glad to hear your trip was great.
Nothing makes me more excited to get there than reading reports from others who caught the magic!
Thanks.

Sounds like you had a great time Steve, thanks for the report.

The Honeymoon Suite sounds beautiful :)

What was the choice of food like at King Ludwigs?

Richard. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter