• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9 day countdown! am i forgetting anything....

Jennifer Scicchitano

first time cruiser
After what seems like 20 years of planning and stalking this site, alas our cruise is in 13 days!!!!:jumping1: i feel like i have done everything from booking all the excursions,meet and greets, breakfast w/ disney junior, palo 2x, bbb, spa, cabana, prepaid photos, in-room gifts, shipped fe gifts and fe itself to the ship, printed out the paperwork, checked in online, did online kids club.... Am I forgetting anything??? the one thing i couldn't do online was the gingerbread house making tickets. I feel like i have all my ducks in a row- any dis veterans know something I'm missing??? thanks and really thanks for all your help everyone in planning this cruise, I couldn't have done it without this board.

After what seems like 20 years of planning and stalking this site, alas our cruise is in 13 days!!!!:jumping1: i feel like i have done everything from booking all the excursions,meet and greets, breakfast w/ disney junior, palo 2x, bbb, spa, cabana, prepaid photos, in-room gifts, shipped fe gifts and fe itself to the ship, printed out the paperwork, checked in online, did online kids club.... Am I forgetting anything??? the one thing i couldn't do online was the gingerbread house making tickets. I feel like i have all my ducks in a row- any dis veterans know something I'm missing??? thanks and really thanks for all your help everyone in planning this cruise, I couldn't have done it without this board.
Well..... you can't do the gingerbread house tickets online, as far as I know. You do that once onboard.

I think you're overthinking things. Just relax. All you need to check in is your cruise documents (signature form from the online check in process), and your IDs (passports or birth certificates/driver's license).

What you seem to be forgetting is to take a breath and relax. That's what a vacation is supposed to be.

Last edited:

Isn't getting ready fun? All of the planning, looking online at options, thinking about and discussing what you might do...anticipation for us is almost as much fun as the cruise itself!

Don't worry about forgetting anything, all you need to check in is your ID (birth certificate or passport) and your payment method (usually a credit card).

You don't need any documents from your online checkin, although I believe most of do print those out and bring them with us, but if you forget them don't worry. I believe everything else (other than the ID and payment, and I guess prescription medicines), you can get onboard the ship if you really need it.

But, next level of things to remember if you can are basic life support items such as sunscreen, camera, hat, etc. But don't stress that you might forget something, because the cruise is so much fun, the CMs are so outgoing, anything you "forget" can be had on ship or maybe it wasn't really critical!

I see you've made some great plans (you got a cabana for your first cruise? Outstanding!). Remember Disney will try to squeeze every last dollar out of your wallet, and you can have a tremendous cruise without spending much money at all (photos, spa, cabana, Palo are nice but all cost $$$$). There are outstanding opportunities to relish your cruise offered all day and night without having to spend too much if you don't want to. I see you've picked some splurges, enjoy them!! Welcome...and have fun reviewing and re-reviewing your plans, if you can dream it you can do it.

Here is my heartfelt hint: too many people treat their dinner servers almost like their servants. They are genuine, fascinating, wonderful people from around the world. Treat them with respect and they will return that in spades. Really. A little kindness will be returned tenfold.

If you are a worrier, don't worry. You are all set. It will be great.

If you are a planner and you like planning, I'd say now is a good time to look over past navigators to see some of the on board activities you may enjoy and find out more about them. So when you are on the ship and you can see the times of things on the Navigator App you can start thinking about what to do when, instead of only then trying to figure out what all of these activities are. It is a fun way to "get in the mood."

Likewise, for fun, look over the maps of the ship more closely. Not like intense high-pressure studying, but just familiarization. It took us several days to "get a feel" for what things were where, it would have been nice (and to me, fun) to figure that out ahead of time. Where are the MDR's? Where is the Exercise room? Which decks can I go all the way aft to forward (it isn't possible on all of them.) Stuff like that. Oh, and if you plan to do laundry on the ship, notice where the laundry rooms are. Not just on your deck, but at least the one above and below too, in case yours is full.

How exciting!
It looks like you have covered your bases and then some. Now take a deep breath and relax and enjoy your cruise. Don't overthink it, just have fun! You will be able to get the gingerbread tickets onboard. The Navigator they give you in the terminal at check in will give you the location to pick up the gingerbread house session tickets, so just go there when you get onboard.
Have a great cruise!
Tracey

ETA, it looks like you are arriving on the day we are disembarking. :)

Yeah, you forgot to tell me what cabin we're in!!!! I haven't been in a Disney ship in over a year and could use one right now.

Enjoy your cruise.

things to do now...
Make SURE you have everyone's Photo ID Available and accounted for (for those over age of xx years)
Make SURE you have everyone's Proof of Citizenship Available and accounted for (Passport, Official Birth Certificate, etc)

Sunscreen - make sure that you have sun screen. :sunny:Sunburns hurt!!:sunny:

Relax until Travel Day!! - Pinot's help A_glass_of_red_wine.jpg
Stress on Travel Day :car: (they are always stressful)
Relax
Board the Ship :boat:
Guest Services (presumably) for the Gingerbread tickets
Grab a beverage (of the adult variety if you partake) :drinking1
Enjoy and go with the flow!!

Well..... you can't do the gingerbread house tickets online, as far as I know. You do that once onboard.

I think you're overthinking things. Just relax. All you need to check in is your cruise documents (signature form from the online check in process), and your IDs (passports or birth certificates/driver's license).

What you seem to be forgetting is to take a breath and relax. That's what a vacation is supposed to be.

Actually, you don't NEED the signature form. I somehow forgot to print mine before our last cruise and it was just a short delay at the check-in counter as they printed it and then we signed it there.

Actually, you don't NEED the signature form. I somehow forgot to print mine before our last cruise and it was just a short delay at the check-in counter as they printed it and then we signed it there.
Yes. I was just hoping to help OP pare down her stress by pointing out that's all that's needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter