• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9/27/14, Returning to the Southern Caribbean

Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next 1 1/2.

Number of adults: 2
Number of children: None
Names of adults: Mary & Tom
Where do you live: Locust Point neighborhood in Baltimore, MD
Castaway Club Level: Gold. This will be our 7th cruise.
DVC Member: Since 1999. Most of my points are at BWV and I have some at BLT as well

Hi Bill and Laura, Nice to meet you.
I'm Dee a 12 year police officer in a suburb of Cleveland, OH. I'm a Californian by birth and moved to Ohio in '95.
My DW is Christy, she is a 3rd grade teacher and has been for 8 years.
We've been together 14 years and married for 7. We normally do the theme parks and have been to 4/5 worldwide (we need to go to Hong Kong). We are relatively new to DCL although we'll both be Gold level at the end of our b2b this coming June. Ive sailed numerous other ships asva teen and young adult out of CA. We've only sailed the two newest DCL ships and are looking forward to having fun on the Magic.
I have family in Dallas, and Houston and we have a family ranch in Calumet, OK :)
I don't have a lot of info on PR, it was a one day stop but the things we saw were awesome. We're trying to get more friends onboard this cruise.
I'll share whatever I can :goodvibes
Take care,
Dee

Dee,

Great idea to get everyone to share something about themselves.

We like the Magic and the Wonder. They are smaller than the Dream and the Fantasy, but we like that. Talking to the Captain on the Dream, he said he liked the larger ships because the additional space gave the staff more flexibility in providing performances, recreation and activities. We still like the smaller ships, I guess it's what you first sail on becomes your favorite or your normal.

Mary and Tom,
Looks like this is turning out to be mostly and adult cruise.
Laura and I went on the Pacific Coast cruise in Sept. 2012 and it too was predominantly an adult cruise. There were still plenty of kids that they didn't appear to be lost for things to do, but that is a tribute to Disney.

Bill

Number of adults / children in your group: 2A 2K
Names of adults in your group: Peter and Melissa
Ages of children in your party (at your discretion): 4 & 6
General location of where you currently live: Vancouver, BC
Castaway Club Level: Silver

I'm SsSOOO excited to have a spot on this itinerary! It's going to be lots of fun!

Melissa

Number of adults / children in your group: 2A 2K
Names of adults in your group: Peter and Melissa
Ages of children in your party (at your discretion): 4 & 6
General location of where you currently live: Vancouver, BC

I'm SsSOOO excited to have a spot on this itinerary! It's going to be lots of fun!

Melissa

Welcome aboard Melissa and Peter.

Laura and I, along with Katie, will be in Vancouver for Canada Day this summer.

Bill

4boons said:
Dee,

Great idea to get everyone to share something about themselves.

We like the Magic and the Wonder. They are smaller than the Dream and the Fantasy, but we like that. Talking to the Captain on the Dream, he said he liked the larger ships because the additional space gave the staff more flexibility in providing performances, recreation and activities. We still like the smaller ships, I guess it's what you first sail on becomes your favorite or your normal.

Mary and Tom,
Looks like this is turning out to be mostly and adult cruise.
Laura and I went on the Pacific Coast cruise in Sept. 2012 and it too was predominantly an adult cruise. There were still plenty of kids that they didn't appear to be lost for things to do, but that is a tribute to Disney.

Bill

Bill, we were on the pacific coastal last September too (it was our 1st DCL cruise), we've booked again for September 2013 but I wasn't happy with the San Diego port of 2014 and it was incredibly hard to pass out this southern itinerary! This newbie is looking forward to meeting everyone :) So far looks like my kids are the youngest on board lol

Hi everyone , so its just 2 adults cruising on this date myself Leslie and dh Terry. We have cruised on the magic twice before and will have cruised on the fantasy once with this upcoming march break cruise. So unless I sneak in another cruise before September 2014 we will still be at silver level, mmm that just may happen!Also have a trip planned for this September staying onsite from Sept. 26 to October 4th for the food and wine festival. Another trip back to the world is in the making for possibly april of 2014, lots to look forward to! Very excited for the new ports, and will get to see a little of San Jaun in a couple of weeks as its a port we will be stopping in. Cant wait to be in the warmth and sunshine after the snow storm we had last week it cant come soon enough! Glad Im not on the carnival cruise ship!:scared1:

Hi all! So excited to have booked this cruise this morning! :) We booked one of the inside "secret sideways" rooms, lol. Would have liked a window, but it was pricey enough, even with the OBC. Maybe we'll upgrade before sailing, we'll see. So here's about us -

Number of adults / children in your group: 2 adults
Names of adults in your group: Amber & Jeff
Ages of children in your party (at your discretion): none
General location of where you currently live: Central California (approx 5 hours away from Disneyland!)
Disney Vacation Club owner?: Yes, at Grand Californian, since maybe 2009?

We (well, I) specifically picked this sailing cuz it's left on my DBF Jeff's bday, Sept 27! Thought that would be a wonderful way to celebrate! However, since I'm apparently mathematically impaired (it's so far away!), I didn't realize that it would be his 30th, lol! Sooo I'm not a 100% this is what he'd like to do for his big 30th, but we'll hope!

Hello fellow cruisers!!

Who we are: Karin and Justin- married high school sweethearts who have been married for 10 years! We have four kids under 7 right now!

Just booked this cruise and I am SOOOOO excited! We are booked in a 4E GTY and are only taking our oldest 3 who will be 8,6 and 3 at the time of sailing ( our youngest would only be 2.5 and a pain in the butt!)

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Karin

:welcome:

WELCOME EVERYONE!

If you've sailed to San Juan recently, let us know what you liked, and did not like. The last time I was in San Juan was 2006 (Holland America), and we only had 4 hours in port.

The Bacardi tour is close to the port and airport ... this would be a nice pre/post-cruise add-on (see page one for other things to do or see.

DW and I normally cruise DCL 2 weeks per year. We are sailing on the Eastbound TransAtlantic in May (2013), and have a few dummy cruises scheduled for 2014 (Hawaii is still on my list). I am hoping DVC will offer a DVC-CASH discount on the Fantasy for sometime in 2014 ... but I guess we have to get through 2013 first!
:idea:

Steven

Hi, Everyone.

We are John & Jackie from Napa, CA. Both retired and enjoying travelling.
This will be our 16th Disney cruise. And we've sailed on all 4 ships.
In 2008 we became DVC members. (late bloomers) Our home resort is AKL Kidani.
Glad to see some have been to PR before. The reason we decided to take this cruise is because it's a new itinerary for us. Tips & pointers gladly received.
Our plans right now include a week's stay at AKL-K pre-cruise.
as well as a couple days in San Juan. Anyone else planning ahead?
We have never done FE or anything like that but LOVE making new friends.

Here's to a MAGICal cruise!
Jackie

My family was already planning a trip to WDW in 10/14 so this cruise fit in so nicely with our plans. We are heading to WDW after the cruise to join the family that will be arriving the day before our cruise ends. We will probably fly into San Juan the day before at a minimum and hopefully two days ahead if I have my way!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Howdy everyone,:wave2:

We just booked this cruise about 30 minutes ago :yay:
These are all new ports for us so we are extra excited.

I am Kathy and DH is Greg.
We live in Davenport Florida about 10 miles from WDW.
Originally we are from Oregon.
We are cruising just as a couple this time since the kids are grown and most live in Oregon still.

We are not DVC members.

By the time we are on this cruise it will be DCL cruise # 26 for me and #25 for Greg. Unless we see a good deal on a 3 day sometime. So we are at Platinum level.
Obviously we love Disney!!

We also have done one Carnival cruise.

I didnt see a FE being started yet? Did I miss it?
If nobody has started a list for it I will volunteer to keep track of everyone if nobody else is doing it.
Just let me know.

I think i answered all the questions I saw, but if not I will be right back to answer the rest of them to get aquianted.
If you look at my number of posts you can see I love ot chat cruising and Disney!!

Kathy

Wow we are growing fast.

Welcome aboard:
Leslie and Terry
Amber and Jeff
Karin and Justin
John and Jackie
Kathy and Greg

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Kathy, I gave up being in charge about a year ago, but you might look back to see if anyone has started an FE list (I don't think they have). who (or whom?) ever wants to start the FE list can put Bill and Laura Boon down.

This is looking to be a great group thus making for a great cruise.

Bill

Wow we are growing fast.

Welcome aboard:
Leslie and Terry
Amber and Jeff
Karin and Justin
John and Jackie
Kathy and Greg

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Kathy, I gave up being in charge about a year ago, but you might look back to see if anyone has started an FE list (I don't think they have). who (or whom?) ever wants to start the FE list can put Bill and Laura Boon down.

This is looking to be a great group thus making for a great cruise.

Bill

Hi Bill,
I didnt see anybody starting up a FE so for now I will start a list but if I missed the person who did start it, I will back off immediately. I dont want to step on anyones toes.;)

So for now the list is Kathy & Greg and Bill and Laura :thumbsup2

Who else wanted to particiapte in the FE? Please send me a PM or write here your information.

Thanks,

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter