• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9/11 memorial thread

ursula10

Ursula is the best Disney Character and Villian!!!
this thread is to memorial's the great hero's who help our country.i am dooing this because my was in the tower,greatfully he is still here.this posts is when we say our thanks to the hero's of 9/11.

My prayer's and thoughts go out to all those who were lost in the attack's family. I hope that they understand that their sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, brothers, or sisters will always be remembered and considered heroes in my eyes. God bless them!!:hug::love:

I live right by NYC. I was 4 years old when it happened, and i still remember that day so clearly. Did you ever hear of the Siller Run that happens every year in NYC? Well the firefighter who that is named after, his three youngest children attend my old school, and his fourth youngest daughter attends my school, she is a year older than me. Every year, I think about them. Their dad died, he wasn't even supposed to go to work that day, but when he heard about what was going on, he ran through one of the tunnels going into NYC. My heart does't go out just to the Siller's though, but every single family who lost a loved one.

It'll be 10 years ago. I'll never forget about it, I was 5 and in Kindergarten and didn't understand it then. But I love New York and 9/11 and everything that happened lays in my prayers

We had a red white and blue day at school today and also made a banner thanking the firefighters in town which people signed and was given to them at the end of the day

We will never forget, never surrender

we had to wear red, white and ,blue yesterday.it made me feel sad because he was in it.he is my hero.thank god he's still alive

It was my first day of preschool and i could see LOTS of smoke that is all I remember....
Now I know more about it and I probably would have liked it better not knowing...
My father went up a couple hours or so later with his Fire Department to help out and stuff. One of his members from his Department died though. I feel so bad hearing other peoples stories. It was truly a horrible day for America.

*♥Chip&Dale♥*;42580152 said:
It was my first day of preschool and i could see LOTS of smoke that is all I remember....
Now I know more about it and I probably would have liked it better not knowing...
My father went up a couple hours or so later with his Fire Department to help out and stuff. One of his members from his Department died though. I feel so bad hearing other peoples stories. It was truly a horrible day for America.

Same here. I remember it so vividly, and it's one of my only memories from that age. I remember my teacher getting a phone call from the principle, and turning on Fox news (I remember the blue and red on the screen) and I saw buildings on fire. We went home before the buildings collapsed.

I'll never forget what happened that day. 9-11 is one of the events that shaped my passion for justice. Whenever someone says something ill about it, or makes stupid childish remarks, I get set off.

The families of those who lost so much are in my prayers.

I was in second grade and I remember my teacher was gone that day because she told us all the next day how she watched the second plane fly into the tower live. At my school (a Catholic school) we had an announcement that there had been an accident in New York and we needed to pray for the people there, but that's all they said. (I later learned in 6th grade that the middle school kids and the teachers in the building knew what happened but they kept it hushed so they wouldn't scare the little kids i.e. us)

It's something that even 10 years later is still hard to believe happened and all those touched by it continue to be in my prayers. But those 10 years have also shown how strong we are as a nation, something I'm extremely proud to see and be a part of.

The whole thing is just so heart wrenching I was in 2nd grade when it happened and I live across the country but it was still such a big deal. I just can't believe this why is our world just so cruel. Our little town about 2 weeks ago got a piece of the metal of the world trade center, we won it somehow and it's going to be placed tomorrow in the middle of the town in honor of everyone involved. I will probably go to the ceremony tomorrow.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone, this was such a tragic event. I didn't understand what was going on at the time, I just remember my mom come picking me up early from day care. It's still kind of bittersweet, and it really is heart wrenching. I don't know anyone who was in the towers but I still care! <3

I was in 1st grade when it happened, but I didn't find out about it until I got home because the teachers didn't want to scare us. I remember that when I got home, my parents were really upset and I didn't understand why. I saw that they were watching the news so I sat down with them and watched it with them. They were pretty close to crying from being upset about it, so I started crying, even though I still didn't get what was going on. My naive 6 year old self thought that all of them were accidents xD

As I got older, I started understanding what actually happened on 9/11. It's just so heartbreaking to watch when they replay those videos on TV around the anniversary. I still cry pretty much every time I see it. While I didn't personally know anyone who lost their life that day, my heart goes out to those who did. <3

/emotional post

I was with my mom, home from school that day, not even knowing about 9/11. I was 5 at the time and I saw my mom watching the plane right in the middle of Twin Towers, crying. I didn't know what was going on at the time so it didn't really shock me. But now, looking back, it's just upsetting to think about. :(

Since i live across the water from NYC, i know tons of people from my school and neighborhood that lost parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, ect. My dad has to go through NYC every morning to get to his job, fortunately, we were in LBI ( Long Beach Island, NJ) and he didn't go to work, im so thankful he didnt have to work that day.

I was 6 years old in kindergarten, and I remember it pretty well. Of course, I didn't really understand it very well at the time. I remember my teacher, for some reason, was talking about the assisanition of President Lincoln and our principal came over the intercom and made everyone turn on their tvs. I vaguely remember watching it on tv, but not really comprehending it. I remember asking my mom why Superman couldn't fix it for everyone. I wish it could've been as simple as that.

My heart goes out to everyone who lost their lives or loved ones that day. They will be in my prayers.

I live in the UK and i will never forget that day and those who died. I remember watching it on tv and i was only 5 and didnt really understand what was unfolding. I hope that 9/11 will never ever be forgotten.

RIP to all the victims of 9/11 and 7/7 and Terrorist attacks through out the world.
God bless America. God save the Queen.

9-111.jpg

I will never forget that day even as young as I was ( I was older then 3 but younger then 7). I remember being so angry even at the age i was at. My mom and dad told me what happened my parents are good about telling me what is really happening. every anniversary is so sad for me every year on 9/11 I feel a mixture of sadness anger and a want for revenge. this year was my second year doing Color guard for A 9/11 memorial service and every year they blare police and fire sirens and every time they do that it feels like someone reaches into my stomach and just starts twisting things around.

After the attacks the nation was a sea of Red White And Blue and everyone came together and treated everyone nicely and we where all united more so then before. that has faded in these ten years it seems that to many people have forgotten.

I will never forget those whom died on that day and as a result of that day and I will never forget who did this to us as I hope no one forgets

my thoughts and prayers are with those whom lost someone on 9/11 or due to 9/11

May we NEVER forget what happened on 9-11-01

Never forget Never surrender

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Please follow this link and listen to the song even if you hate country music please if you do listen listen till the very end its called "have you forgotten?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6yLQRF-cEU&ob=av2n

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter