9/1 in DL (and DCA)

minnietoo

Mouseketeer
We went yest. - the crowds were not too bad (but then it was a weekday).

The new show in front of the castle was no where to be found - but I'm not giving up. Maybe its weekends only - so next time we'll try again. There doesn't seem to be any information in the guide or online. And the CMs we asked didn't know anything about it. It must be the best kept secret in DL.

Saw Block Party in DCA. Very upbeat and fun - good audiance participation. I hadn't seen this before and thanks to posts on MiceChat about it being downsized after 9/4 - decided to take it in. Well worth the short wait (on a the wall-bench facing the bridge). I recommend this if you haven't seen it yet.

Didn't get a chance to do the Columbia - but the pirates were there - and you could hear some of their show from the shore. Sounds entertaining.

The hub was filling up pre-parade - so we sat on a bench 3 hours early for fireworks (I was prepared with my ipod) - we had a great bench seat. But, alas, they were cancelled again. I know this is the beginning of Santa Ana wind season - but I hope I can see them again with a clear castle view before they are gone (or changed).

I did get the Monte Cristo at the Cafe Orleans (is that the one across from the BB?). I had the small salad with rasp. vinigerette/goat cheese and 1/2 of the sandwhich. I have to say this salad was the best I've had at DL - the greens were fresh, the dressing was perfect, the cheese added a little flair (it also comes with carmalized pecans which I didn't have- which would make it even better - diet didn't allow nuts with the high fat sand.). The MC sandwhich was so very good - 1/2 is more than enough! Well worth the calories (I was actually able to stay on target all day by only having 1/2).

We went to the exhibit in the gallery - only the front room is pirates - so some of the other stuff is still there. Always nice to visit as sometims things change or you notice something you didn't pay attention to earlier.

We shopped for some 50th pins and picked up my gift cards from my AP mailer (and turned in my contest entry). You can get 8 gift cards and you don't have to add money to them when you pick them up. You must have the mailer to get these and enter the contest - you cannot get an alternative entry card/form anywhere in the park. They only had the sunglasse one available. If you didn't get your mailer - city fall and the bank say to call the phone number on the back or your AP to request one. I had gotten mine - my husband didn't get his. (First check your address is correct at the bank [ap office]).

Oh and we got the name pins (the 50th style). I am trying to come up with an idea to frame our APs and some 50th pins to keep as memorbilia. I thought these pins might be fun - but they are a little big.

A nice relaxing day! We might try again tonight with the fireworks.

minnietoo said:
We shopped for some 50th pins and picked up my gift cards from my AP mailer (and turned in my contest entry). You can get 8 gift cards and you don't have to add money to them when you pick them up. You must have the mailer to get these and enter the contest - you cannot get an alternative entry card/form anywhere in the park. They only had the sunglasse one available. If you didn't get your mailer - city fall and the bank say to call the phone number on the back or your AP to request one. I had gotten mine - my husband didn't get his. (First check your address is correct at the bank [ap office]).
Do you need 8 APs to get 8 gift cards? Or will they just give you up to 8 regardless?

So winds caused the fireworks to be cancelled again, huh? Man, I wish we'd get a breeze over here in the inland empire. Its still mid-high 70s at night over here, with no wind at all. The other night when we were driving home from DL, I noticed it was 10 degrees cooler in Anaheim than it was here. Ouch.

eatntae said:
Do you need 8 APs to get 8 gift cards? Or will they just give you up to 8 regardless?

So winds caused the fireworks to be cancelled again, huh? Man, I wish we'd get a breeze over here in the inland empire. Its still mid-high 70s at night over here, with no wind at all. The other night when we were driving home from DL, I noticed it was 10 degrees cooler in Anaheim than it was here. Ouch.

I got 8 cards with one AP. So it is a maximum of 8 per AP.

I am sorry it is so hot for you - and September looks it is the usually heat wave again.

What new show in front of the castle? I've never heard of one--are you confusing DL with WDW on that? There's no place to do a show in front of DL's castle, while at WDW's MK, they have a stage.

Thank you for the live report!!! Can you please explain about the Block Party being downsized? Thanks! :cool1:

That's a bummer! But we probably wouldn't have known the difference anyways and will probably still be wowed - at least I hope we will be!!! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter