8pm too late for cafe mickey?

sara969

My Little Tinkerbell
Is 8pm too late to eat in cafe mickey? I definately want to eat in the evening not lunch time.

Planning to do a birthday meal and cake for my daughter but was wondering if it will be too busy therfore wont enjoy the experience??

We are planning to book for Wednesday 12th Nov, so it wont be peak season.

I did really want to watch candlebration before arriving at cafe mickey but if its going to be too busy then we will have to miss candlebration and get to cafe mickey for 6:30 ish

I ate here at 8.30pm and it wasnt as enjoyable as previous times as we usually eat her around 6ish.

Why don't you book a table for 7.30? you will be able to watch Candleabration and make it CM intime for 7.30.

I ate here at 8.30pm and it wasnt as enjoyable as previous times as we usually eat her around 6ish.

Why don't you book a table for 7.30? you will be able to watch Candleabration and make it CM intime for 7.30.

thanks Emma :thumbsup2 im so confused about this cafe mickey thing, arnt i :rotfl: :rotfl: just cant make a final decision :eek:

I would also like to get Hannah changed into her princess dress for her meal in cafe mickey, i was gona put her things in a bag in a locker near the park and collect it on the way out and change her into it in cafe mickey Loo's or something... What did u do with Kyra, did she wear her outfit around the park or did u change her in cafe mickey ???

(dont want to go all the way back to Dream Castle Hotel to change)

I would also like to get Hannah changed into her princess dress for her meal in cafe mickey, i was gona put her things in a bag in a locker near the park and collect it on the way out and change her into it in cafe mickey Loo's or something... What did u do with Kyra, did she wear her outfit around the park or did u change her in cafe mickey ???

(dont want to go all the way back to Dream Castle Hotel to change)

I let Kyra wear her dress in the park if we was going straight from the park to dinner.

Could you not put it in a bug under the buggy and then change her into it before Candleabration?

when we booked for 7.30 we watched candlebration and then headed straight off to Cafe Mickey getting there slightly early. We didn't end up getting seated until gone 8.

This could just be a one off because it was particulary busy that day but have a booking just ensures you'll be eating there. Not what time you'll have a table im afraid. ( well in our case anyway )

Just make sure when Candlebration finishes you in a position to get out quick. It would of made all the difference to us if we were in the right place as litterally 4 families walking in front of us went straight there.

I booked Cafe Mickey for 7pm to try and miss the rush after Candleabration and didn't get seated until 8.30pm due to the utter chaos and disorganisation that is the reservation/queuing system there.

Still got a free birthday cake for complaining to the manager directly.

I booked Cafe Mickey for 7pm to try and miss the rush after Candleabration and didn't get seated until 8.30pm due to the utter chaos and disorganisation that is the reservation/queuing system there.

Still got a free birthday cake for complaining to the manager directly.

That is outrageous. I'd say you have more patience than me but I'm guessing at that time if you'd walked out you'd just have been in a queue somewhere else.

That is outrageous. I'd say you have more patience than me but I'm guessing at that time if you'd walked out you'd just have been in a queue somewhere else.

Yep and the queues would have just been as bad everywhere else. It was for my birthday and I had booked the table and turned up early so was quite upset. Luckily we were a group of adults so didn't have to worry about any children. There was one poor family in front of us with small children who had a 6.30pm reservation and got seated just before us.

The manager was very rude and dismissive to start off with but did start to back down when confronted with 7 angry/upset adults.

One good point was that after we finally got seated, when I asked if a certain character would turn up, they appeared as if by magic :rolleyes1

Yep and the queues would have just been as bad everywhere else. It was for my birthday and I had booked the table and turned up early so was quite upset. Luckily we were a group of adults so didn't have to worry about any children. There was one poor family in front of us with small children who had a 6.30pm reservation and got seated just before us.

The manager was very rude and dismissive to start off with but did start to back down when confronted with 7 angry/upset adults.

One good point was that after we finally got seated, when I asked if a certain character would turn up, they appeared as if by magic :rolleyes1

Oh dear :sad2: sounds awful, really hope this dosnt happen to me as i will have a VERY disappointed 3yr old! :eek:
Did u go peak season?
Im worried now and might consider booking in the afternoon.
Im sooooooooo confused and really cant decide on a good time to book :confused:
Lunch, afternoon, OR before park closes OR after park closes..... :eek:

I have thought about going straight to cafe mickey as we arrive on the monday at 1pm, before going into the park... :idea:

That would be a nice idea, booking it for lunch then you can go watch the parade etc and then get a early night ready and refreshed for the morning. Also that means Hannah can wear her dress in the park after Lunch :)

That would be a nice idea, booking it for lunch then you can go watch the parade etc and then get a early night ready and refreshed for the morning. Also that means Hannah can wear her dress in the park after Lunch :)

Are there characters in CAFE MICKEY at lunchtime?

I've had lunch and dinner in Cafe Mickey. Both are great but lunch is much quieter and I think you do get better character interaction when its not so busy. When I've had dinner reservations at 8pm,8.30pm etc we've been seated within 10 minutes so it's not always as bad as janeysmart experienced.

FYI, if you do decide to change Hannah in the rest rooms ~ don't use the ones in Cafe Mickey as they're quite small. The ones in the Discovery arcade are much quieter and there is a huge disabled cubicle in there which will give you much more room to change her in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter