8am booking issues at 7months

Shelly S

Mouseketeer
I have never had trouble booking until now. We were even able to piece 9 nights together in September for April 2023 at VGC. I am currently trying to get VGC and I cannot seem to get it at 8am before the first day is gone. I already know it is hardest to get but I have been trying for 2 weeks already. For those who have recently been successful are you checking availability at 8 or have availability up and hitting continue. When I use the continue method it is always too early. I was most discouraged today as I thought it was my best shot with all room types available. Two of us tried on 5 devices and still no luck. Something is definitely not the same. Please share how you are having success now. Thanks

It always tells me I’m too early even if I wait another few seconds. It’s been like this for months. If makes me refresh before I can try and it’s always too late.

I had no luck at getting the VGC at 8 am, but I did have some success an hour later. And with the waitlist. I was able to piece together a week stay with a combo of the waitlist and stalking. I had zero luck at 8 AM 7 months out.

How about modifying at 8. Anyone have luck with that? I’m so sick of being denied every single day.

Finally success, and my preferred category. Don’t know if it is because I got a new phone yesterday. I know I hit continue and it was too early, then I think I hit refresh but I’m not sure. I thought I was way too slow today but am so happy it worked

Glad you got it but here's some further advice...

I could not get my 2 bedroom (VGC) at 8 am for this summer. I was able to get the 1 bdrm and made peace with that. For some unknown reason, I checked one more time at 10 pm that night and the 2 bdrm was there and I got it for all dates. This was pure luck but I would recommend checking in the evening once the 'reservation walkers' have switched their days around.

Glad you got it but here's some further advice...

I could not get my 2 bedroom (VGC) at 8 am for this summer. I was able to get the 1 bdrm and made peace with that. For some unknown reason, I checked one more time at 10 pm that night and the 2 bdrm was there and I got it for all dates. This was pure luck but I would recommend checking in the evening once the 'reservation walkers' have switched their days around.
Thanks. I was checking studio and 1 bedroom and do check at random times. This is been the most difficult to book. I was able to get a studio and it is almost the dates we want. I can hopefully walk a few days to get exact dates but if an owner jumps in front it’s no big deal and we will go with what we have.

When I booked for April at VGC random rooms would be available overnight, then disappear. I ended up with 9 nights in 3 different categories. I have waitlists to bring it to 2 categories but am not hopeful for that. We are just lucky we got in. I didn’t have as much luck for last Sept when most rooms were gone at 7 months and only 2 one day waitlists came through. We got magic keys, that’s why we have 3 trips to VGC in a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter