$89 good rate for Radisson??

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Our cruise is a whole year away but I was playing around on the Radisson's web site and found a rate of $89 for the night (2 double beds for 2 adults, 2 kids). Is this a good rate or will better rates be available between now and then? It appears that I can book this room now and give a credit card to hold the room, then I have until 6pm of our check-in date in 2004 to cancel it (if we had to cancel for some reason). If it's a good rate I may as well hold it now, right?? Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal or not?? Thanks!!!

It seems like a good rate. We recently booked for Jan. 04, night before our cruise and we booked the 2 room suite, jacuzzi in bedroom, my son says he hopes he can sleep in it. Our rate is 109.00 using a AAA discount. Did you use www.mousesavers.com to check for rates?

mark & sandra: I did use the tip on mousesavers where she tells you to click on "view all rates", that's where I saw the lowest price of $89 for a double room. Hmm...I should go back and check out the rates for the bigger rooms... Just not sure we'll use the jacuzzi or not, although it sounds great:)

Any of you DISers who are staying at the Radisson this month, do you mind sharing what rates you are paying? thanks! I just want to compare this year's rates to next year's.

Does anyone have any codes for Fall rates yet? I booked last year for this November and I still haven't been able to get the price of the king suite below $129. We paid $109.00 for the same room last year with a code but I haven't found a code for November yet.

The lowest rate we could find for Feb 2004 was $99 - 2 double beds, no jacuzzi). So your rate is lower than that - could be a time of year thing.. we have always travelled at this time in February and never gotten a rate lower than $99. But, got the $99 rate 2 years ago.. so figured it was a good price considering it was the same :)

SweetSpot, there is a rate of $105 for the king suite on the internet. The catch is you have to pay when booking and there is a cancel fee of $25 if cancelled 4 or more days before. No refunds if cancelled 3 or less days. I just put in preference of 2 king beds and this rate popped up. I put in a November 7.

When we cruise next July, we will have a party of 6 (2ad, 18YO and 17YO girls, two 14yo boys). Will the 1 bdroom or 2 bdroom suite accomodate all of us? The Radisson website seems cumbersome to me - what site do you use to get the best rates?

Originally posted by swclark
The lowest rate we could find for Feb 2004 was $99 - 2 double beds, no jacuzzi). So your rate is lower than that - could be a time of year thing.. we have always travelled at this time in February and never gotten a rate lower than $99. But, got the $99 rate 2 years ago.. so figured it was a good price considering it was the same :)

You might check again now! They must have just recently added that lower rate. I am also going in February, and was booked at the $99 AAA rate. I had been checking periodically, and went back and checked again after SeaSpray started this thread. And poof, there was the $89 rate now! So THANK YOU, Seaspray!! :)

Hey, $10 is $10. :smooth:

-gina-

Thanks SeaSpray. I just change my reservation. I had before the 99 $ rate and now I have the 89 $ rate.

Gina when are you going in February ? We are going on the Magic February 28th and we are staying at the Radisson for two nigths (26 and 27).

Thank you Disney6. I will call and see if they will transfer my reservation over to that rate or if I need to cancel and rebook. I'm not worried that I won't be there and not be able to cancel, cause I'm going to be there. No way that ship is leaving without me.

momofofo22 --

We disembark on the 28th.... But we'll try and keep the ship neat for you! :)

-gina-

We booked the Radisson online at a "internet only" price of $85.00. It has 2 dbl beds. However, I I got this great rate, I read some post on this board that made me think maybe we shouldn't stay here. There is a $25.00 cancellation fee. If anyone could make me feel better about the Radisson, I'd really appreciate it!:confused:

tchrmom:

I had read a thread recently about someone who's room at the Radisson left a lot to be desired so I had to think twice about it too. But for us, the convenience will be worth it (we plan on using a towncar service to get from the airport to the Radisson and will need transportation the morning of the cruise to get to the port which the Radisson provides), and we'll only be there for one night. I've heard the pool and outdoor areas are very nice, and as long as there are clean sheets on the bed and the bathroom is clean, then I'll be satisfied. DSs will enjoy the pool the day before the cruise, we'll all hopefully have a good night's sleep, and I know it's worth it to me to KNOW that we'll be that close to the ship in the morning :)

P.S. Why will you have a $25 cancellation fee if you cancelled now? When I checked the policy on their site, it said you could cancel right up to 6pm of the arrival date. Or was this some sort of special with a cancellation fee restriction??

I booked at the Radisson for the same $85 rate. It is an internet special, and has to be prepaid. Therefore, if you cancel they will charge the $25 fee. I didn't see an $89 dollar rate when I booked - but I don't plan on cancelling (I hope)! Too excited.

I also got the $85.00 Internet rate for the 8-22. I'll post on the 8-23 when I get home and let everyone know how it went. I wish I was cruisin', but a DIS meet is just as good.
Lynn

Seaspray

Yes, this was a special offer. But, after reading your post, I feel better. We have decided that the convience of being so close to the port is worth it. Actually, since we live in Tampa, we really don't NEED to spend the night......but it is fun to "start" your vacation early.:)

Can't wait to hear from Moosymom.

We just stayed at the Radisson July 25 (nite before our Eastern cruise) and booked the King Suite for our family of 5. Got the special rate of $109 and figured this was a good deal as we then didn't have to pay $70 for a week of parking at the DCL terminal.

We LOVED this suite!!! My DD12 had a chance to meet up with the Dis board kids she had "met" online and the pool, room, whirlpool, king beds & sofa bed were great. Beautiful, quality items in the room (soaps & beauty items, postcards, luxurious toweling, etc.) Everything was VERY clean. Main problem was that the place shows wear & tear from frequent 1-night guests (i.e. bumped & banged-up walls, ceramic tile on front of whirlpool loose & piece kept falling off, etc.) Also, breakfast on the morning of the cruise has a big wait as there are so many others also trying to eat and get to their ship. We instead went to Dunkin' Donuts down the street and avoided the wait.

I recommend this place and we'd stay there again in an instant. HTH :)

OK I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me.

It'll be my DH, DS16, DS13, and myself. DSs do NOT like to share a bed, so I wasn't thrilled with the idea of a room with 2 double beds. I just read about the king suite for $109. Am I correct in seeing that it has TWO king beds plus a sofa bed? This would be perfect for us!

hopefully you will get more answers in addition to mine but.....

Yes, it had 2 king beds in the bedroom, as well as a living & dining area which had a sofa that was a sleeper sofa according to the hotel. I say this because we never used the sofa as a bed and so I cannot speak to its comfort, etc. (we never even pulled it out to check it out). We ended up with my 3 young children wanting to be in the "great big bed" (king) in the room with us, so they all shared the king with no difficulty at all. They had a blast with the whirlpool and the large, glass enclosed walk-in shower was a real treat. It was also nice having 2 large TVs for later in the evening (1 in living area, 1 in bedroom).

From where our room was, in the morning we looked out our window and could see the Carnival ship at Port. (it blocked the view of the Magic, but it still was exciting to see). Obviously, this would depend entirely on where your room was located and I would not count on seeing this. Again, HTH.

:)

hilltopfamily:

thanks for that info! I think the king suite with 2 king beds would be perfect for us. How did you get the rate of $109? Currently I see it for $129, which still isn't bad, but $109 is even better :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter