86'd From the Poly? No worries-bring us Margarita's & Wiener Salad! A TFW Meet Aug 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what the current price of the DDP is?:confused:
It's $38 for adults and $10 for kids a night.

It was wasn't it HS :rotfl2: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :hug:
You're welcome, dahling! :hug:

I will Janet, so she did one for you too, did you give a donation? Also how long did it take for her to make contact with you?

I used her too. I didn't donate, though. She just contacted me when it was done, after about 2 weeks.

2 weeks, OMG do you think I've left it a bit late? Maybe I'd better try and do something myself as back up????

2 weeks, OMG do you think I've left it a bit late? Maybe I'd better try and do something myself as back up????

Did you tell her it was for Christmas? You could just let her know or do a poster for back-up...

It's $38 for adults and $10 for kids a night.
Thanks, HS! ;)

~~UPDATE~~

So with HS's information and the allearsnet info., I really started to play with the numbers to see if the DDP is worth it for us, or would it be cheaper to pay all our food out of pocket. I figured $30 for lunch and any snacks. Breakfast I could order some stuff from GG and eat on the go. Most of our ADRs are buffets so no need to include any appie, desserts or drinks. There are only 3 TS places that we may want appies and desserts so I included those and came out to about $850 v. $671 for the DDP. So I guess the DDP wins. Even if we order appies AND dessert at the 3 TS places, no way would it come out to $179. 'Nuff said on that, eh? The DDP is for us! :banana:

Secretly I kinda like it, I like the convenience of it all. And the fact that Maddie and Evan get to choose their own meals - they hate sharing because what 1 likes, the other doesn't. Go figure. :confused3 At home I make 2 eggs easy up. Evan eats the yolks and Maddie eats the white. :lmao: Combo breakfast platter, no problem - Evan eats the sausage, Maddie eats the bacon. Peas and carrots? Maddie eats the peas, Evan eats the carrots. You get the picture. :teeth:

Also, Andy HATES to share with me. Except dessert, that he will share whether he wants to or not! ;)

That's it for now. I think. :scratchin:

~~UPDATE~~

So with HS's information and the allearsnet info., I really started to play with the numbers to see if the DDP is worth it for us, or would it be cheaper to pay all our food out of pocket. I figured $30 for lunch and any snacks. Breakfast I could order some stuff from GG and eat on the go. Most of our ADRs are buffets so no need to include any appie, desserts or drinks. There are only 3 TS places that we may want appies and desserts so I included those and came out to about $850 v. $671 for the DDP. So I guess the DDP wins. Even if we order appies AND dessert at the 3 TS places, no way would it come out to $179. 'Nuff said on that, eh? The DDP is for us! :banana:

Secretly I kinda like it, I like the convenience of it all. And the fact that Maddie and Evan get to choose their own meals - they hate sharing because what 1 likes, the other doesn't. Go figure. :confused3 At home I make 2 eggs easy up. Evan eats the yolks and Maddie eats the white. :lmao: Combo breakfast platter, no problem - Evan eats the sausage, Maddie eats the bacon. Peas and carrots? Maddie eats the peas, Evan eats the carrots. You get the picture. :teeth:

Also, Andy HATES to share with me. Except dessert, that he will share whether he wants to or not! ;)

That's it for now. I think. :scratchin:

That's a great savings T. You are in a planning mission;) I haven[tdone anything for a while and probably won't start up agin until after the holidays at this point

The DDP is great, but sometimes it can be too much food for one person. Usually a CS breakfast and early TS dinner are the way to go with it to not be too full all day or too hungry. At least that's been my experience with it. :confused3

That's a great savings T. You are in a planning mission;) I haven[tdone anything for a while and probably won't start up agin until after the holidays at this point
I'm bored as hell! :lmao: Just trying to find ways to cut the cost to either stay longer or switch resorts. :teeth:
The DDP is great, but sometimes it can be too much food for one person. Usually a CS breakfast and early TS dinner are the way to go with it to not be too full all day or too hungry. At least that's been my experience with it. :confused3
I think with the new no appie DDP it will be better for us, as far as the amount of food provided. I can't remember 1 time ever finishing a meal - or even coming close for that matter. Last time we didn't do more than a muffin or roll and coffee for breakie and then had an early lunch - that really worked out well. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I guess what! I found my handy dandy itinerary holder from last year!! :woohoo: Just need to get the new stuff in there and I'm ready to roll!! Yeah, I know - no laminating until August. Sheesh! :rolleyes1

I'm bored as hell! :lmao: Just trying to find ways to cut the cost to either stay longer or switch resorts. :teeth:

I think with the new no appie DDP it will be better for us, as far as the amount of food provided. I can't remember 1 time ever finishing a meal - or even coming close for that matter. Last time we didn't do more than a muffin or roll and coffee for breakie and then had an early lunch - that really worked out well. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I guess what! I found my handy dandy itinerary holder from last year!! :woohoo: Just need to get the new stuff in there and I'm ready to roll!! Yeah, I know - no laminating until August. Sheesh! :rolleyes1
Glad to hear someone else stressing over this! But I think you are right about DDP, although it seems to depend on the individual family. A family that just eats counter all the time would probably lose out. And it's a little tough for us with a 10 year old "adult" too. I'll post the results of my menu experiment Monday on my PTR.

I wish we'd be able to choose either appie or dessert. I'm not much of a dessert person ordinarily. Yeah, yeah...you saw in me in a swimsuit...hard to believe I don't eat a lot of desserts, eh??? :sad2:

Oh, and I guess what! I found my handy dandy itinerary holder from last year!! :woohoo:

:dance3:

Yeah, I know - no laminating until August. Sheesh!

Ok, as long as we're clear on that...:rolleyes1

I think with the new no appie DDP it will be better for us, as far as the amount of food provided.

I wish we'd be able to choose either appie or dessert.

Ok well this is new, of course I haven't researched the DDP lately, but I dind't know this. So is the tip still included with the DDP? I remember reading that they were going to change that for 2008. Now you don't get an appie? Ugh :sad2: I'm with LL, they should let you choose if you want an appie or dessert before each meal.

Ok well this is new, of course I haven't researched the DDP lately, but I dind't know this. So is the tip still included with the DDP? I remember reading that they were going to change that for 2008. Now you don't get an appie? Ugh :sad2: I'm with LL, they should let you choose if you want an appie or dessert before each meal.

They took both the appie and the tip out of the plan. :headache:

I'm bored as hell! :lmao:
Yeah all the planning stuff is absolute torture for you isn't it T :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

We'll hold you to the no laminating :rotfl2:

I'll post the results of my menu experiment Monday on my PTR.
We'll be waiting :thumbsup2

Yeah, yeah...you saw in me in a swimsuit...hard to believe I don't eat a lot of desserts, eh??? :sad2:
Don't know what you're talking about LL you look great :goodvibes

They took both the appie and the tip out of the plan. :headache:
I still can't believe they took both out and only reduced it by $1 :confused: I know we're getting it free but the no tip bit really sucks, we don't want to carry any $ with us in the parks and we're British we hate to tip more than 10% :rotfl2: Seriously though why 18% that is just so hard to work out :confused3

I still can't believe they took both out and only reduced it by $1 :confused: I know we're getting it free but the no tip bit really sucks, we don't want to carry any $ with us in the parks and we're British we hate to tip more than 10% :rotfl2: Seriously though why 18% that is just so hard to work out :confused3

:rotfl2: You can tip any amount now. My MIL has a tough time with math AND tipping. She will put down $2 where ever she goes. I've tried the "Move the decimal" thing with her and it's no use. So I'll add more money then get a lecture.:sad2:

I read on the DDP thread (which I am obsessing over) that they chose to keep the dessert cause many people would not choose it after having a big meal. So they are saving money that way. I'm gettin' mine to go! :thumbsup2

The tip thing was also union related somehow. :confused3

I wish we'd be able to choose either appie or dessert. I'm not much of a dessert person ordinarily. Yeah, yeah...you saw in me in a swimsuit...hard to believe I don't eat a lot of desserts, eh???
Oh stop - you looked just fine! pirate:

Ok, as long as we're clear on that...:rolleyes1
It's not going to be easy, especially with that HUGE roll sitting here staring at me! :magnify:
Yup - like Lessa said - no appie no tip. :sad2:
CandyCane Thong Brit said:
Yeah all the planning stuff is absolute torture for you isn't it T :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:
It is! I can't do anything until February - really! :faint:

10%??? I did research on the WDW website and found out only parties of 6 or more are charged the 18%. Otherwise the tip is up to you. :idea:
My MIL has a tough time with math AND tipping. She will put down $2 where ever she goes. I've tried the "Move the decimal" thing with her and it's no use. So I'll add more money then get a lecture.
Sad to say my mother is a HORRIBLE tipper. :sad2: I always make her leave more if we're together. She's great at math, just cheap. :lmao:

I'm here and you guys took all my colours! I am going to be the official whiner here because we're not going to be there. But I can say that if there were some miraculous way we could come up with the money, we would be there. Rob was able to snag 2 weeks in August 2008 for vacation - the weeks of August 10 and 17.

I agree about the tipping. We generally just double the tax where ever we go unless the service is awesome. Now I have to do some math- whats that about?! Also we are putting our credit card on the room and having everyone else give us the cash for the tips so we can just charge any extras (drinks and tip) on our card to make it easier to figure out before we get there. Luckily most of our meals are buffets so its easier to figure the math out!

I will Janet, so she did one for you too, did you give a donation? Also how long did it take for her to make contact with you?

No, she didn't ask for a donation. Is she doing so now? You may also want to go back to the Disigns board and find AMYMickey. She did a few things for me last year and her stuff was really good too.:thumbsup2

How can you be bored with Christmas a week away:confused3 Longer stay, Longer Stay, Longer Stay:cheer2:

Yeah, I know - no laminating until August. Sheesh! :rolleyes1

Pinky swear:goodvibes :lmao:

It is! I can't do anything until February - really! :faint:

Me too! That's when Airtran will but their fares out:thumbsup2

10%??? I did research on the WDW website and found out only parties of 6 or more are charged the 18%. Otherwise the tip is up to you. :idea:

I asked my mom and she said 10 - 15% is customary and they do add 18% to parties of 6 or more.

I'm here and you guys took all my colours! I am going to be the official whiner here because we're not going to be there. But I can say that if there were some miraculous way we could come up with the money, we would be there. Rob was able to snag 2 weeks in August 2008 for vacation - the weeks of August 10 and 17.

Start playing the lottery:idea:

Rob was able to snag 2 weeks in August 2008 for vacation - the weeks of August 10 and 17.
:yay: Now as Janet said you need to win the lottery :goodvibes

No, she didn't ask for a donation. Is she doing so now? You may also want to go back to the Disigns board and find AMYMickey. She did a few things for me last year and her stuff was really good too.:thumbsup2
It just says on her website you may leave a donation if you want to help pay for her web page :confused3 I also read where the DISigns people don't like you asking 2 people for the same thing!

I asked my mom and she said 10 - 15% is customary and they do add 18% to parties of 6 or more.
Oh that's good, I kinda worked out even with an 18% tip over the 2 weeks our dining would cost us about $300-350 which would be our only cost for food :thumbsup2 It would annoy me if I'd paid OOP for the DDP though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter