8 days, 120,000 steps, and a whole lot of fun! Feb '14 TR 12/17/14 **COMPLETE**

I hope they put those bus wait signs everywhere. Of course, it also gives guests something to potentially complain about if the times aren't exactly right, lol.

Oh WISHES. :love: Well, I'm glad you got to see it in all it's glory in the middle at least once.

Love those bus signs!

Good for you for watching Wishes from front and centre. Last year we watched from in front of Casey's Corner and it was a pretty good location too. Yay for Tink! We're doing the Fireworks Dessert Party in February so I think we'll get to see her pretty up close and personal, haha, I'll try to get a clear pic.

If you are thinking of doing any sort of photoshoot at Disney (family portraits, engagement session, wedding, anniversary, or just because you feel like it!), I can't recommend David and Vicki enough. They take beautiful photos but they are also some of the nicest people we've ever met. Vicki is an absolute sweetheart :) If I could go back in time I would need to them do my wedding - even if it wasn't in Disney I would pay to fly them up to NY! That's how great they are.

Where in NY are you? I live just west of Binghamton. I noticed your hubby's Knoebels shirt, and figured you were not that far away, since you did the Hershey Half.

I can't believe you hadn't seen Wishes before! I agree that sometimes the "best" view isn't actually the best view, I can't remember when the last time I saw Wishes from the center of Main Street.

Those bus wait signs are cool! They didn't have those at Beach Club.

Happy you got to see Tinker Bell fly at Wishes. It is magical.

Like you a normally avoid the big crowd in the middle. But on my Feb trip, we too watched it from the hub in front of the castle. It was great!

Yeah, it's by far the best spot for the view and the pictures!

I hope they put those bus wait signs everywhere. Of course, it also gives guests something to potentially complain about if the times aren't exactly right, lol.

Oh WISHES. :love: Well, I'm glad you got to see it in all it's glory in the middle at least once.

Haha I know - but I like them so it doesn't feel like you're endlessly waiting. They were at the GF recently too, so I'm hoping they will be everywhere soon!

Love those bus signs!

Good for you for watching Wishes from front and centre. Last year we watched from in front of Casey's Corner and it was a pretty good location too. Yay for Tink! We're doing the Fireworks Dessert Party in February so I think we'll get to see her pretty up close and personal, haha, I'll try to get a clear pic.

Casey's Corner sounds like it could be a good spot too! We've done the Fireworks Dessert Party before and really enjoyed it - it's a little off to the side but still a really good view, and of course you get desserts! But I don't remember seeing Tink, I think it may not have been great weather or something so maybe she didn't fly.

If you are thinking of doing any sort of photoshoot at Disney (family portraits, engagement session, wedding, anniversary, or just because you feel like it!), I can't recommend David and Vicki enough. They take beautiful photos but they are also some of the nicest people we've ever met. Vicki is an absolute sweetheart :) If I could go back in time I would need to them do my wedding - even if it wasn't in Disney I would pay to fly them up to NY! That's how great they are.

Where in NY are you? I live just west of Binghamton. I noticed your hubby's Knoebels shirt, and figured you were not that far away, since you did the Hershey Half.

Yes, we love David and Vicki! They did our 2nd anniversary photo shoot last August, and we definitely plan to use them again in the future. I'm 100% with you - if I could time travel I would pay them to fly to NY for my wedding!

I live in PA now, but I'm originally from Long Island :)

I can't believe you hadn't seen Wishes before! I agree that sometimes the "best" view isn't actually the best view, I can't remember when the last time I saw Wishes from the center of Main Street.

Those bus wait signs are cool! They didn't have those at Beach Club.

Oh, I've seen Wishes before, just not front and center like that! I usually go off to the side to avoid the crowds lol.

I'm really surprised they don't have those signs more places yet! Considering they were up at AKL in February, I would think they would have expanded more by now.

Oh, I've seen Wishes before, just not front and center like that! I usually go off to the side to avoid the crowds lol.

I'm really surprised they don't have those signs more places yet! Considering they were up at AKL in February, I would think they would have expanded more by now.

D'oh! Not sure how I missed that :confused3

I've seen on a couple different sites that the Yacht & Beach Club is supposed to be about to start some kind of major refurb, so maybe the fancy new bus signs will come then?

Great pics of the fireworks. Nice way to end the night with IASW.

Glad you were able to head back out!

Love the Everest pictures! Every time someone posts some, my reaction is always, "oh is that what it looked like?" because my eyes were screwed shut when I rode it!!

Heard so many good things about that bread service! Yummy!!!

Great pics of the fireworks. Nice way to end the night with IASW.

Yes it was!

Glad you were able to head back out!

Love the Everest pictures! Every time someone posts some, my reaction is always, "oh is that what it looked like?" because my eyes were screwed shut when I rode it!!

Heard so many good things about that bread service! Yummy!!!

Haha I know what you mean - it takes me awhile to get my eyes open on some rides. I only just accomplished it for Dinosaur recently!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! I've been wanting to update my TR, and have had the time... but unfortunately I seem to have misplaced my travel notebook! It has all of my notes and everything in it from the trip and I usually use it a lot to write these. I've been looking everywhere for it and hopefully it will turn up. If I don't find it in a week I guess I'll attempt to continue the TR from memory :/ I have a terrible memory which is why I write everything down lol. But I promise I haven't forgotten about this!

A View from Above

I'm going to do my best to end this TR despite not having my travel journal. Luckily I take a lot of pictures, which helps me remember what I did! This was our last day in Disney, and we packed up our stuff and checked out of POR. We didn't have to be on the magical express until about 1 or so, and we decided to visit Downtown Disney one more time on our last morning. So we dropped our luggage off and got on the boat to DTD. We passed French Quarter, which looks pretty but we've never stayed there!

We made our way to our destination once we got to DTD - and were thrilled to see it was actually open!

We had a groupon to go on Characters in Flight, but despite walking by it several times on different days, it was always closed. Thank goodness it was open this time, because it was our last chance!

Heights make me a little bit nervous, but they had a barrier around the balloon, plus it's tethered to the ground, so I felt pretty safe. It's amazing how much you can see! Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Plus all of the construction in DTD ;) This is one of those cases where pictures speak louder than words, so I'll just let the photos do the talking:

DH enjoyed it!

Once we were on the ground again, we decided to get lunch in DTD before taking the boat back. We visited Cookes of Dublin, a place we hadn't eaten before. It's a pretty basic menu, but I absolutely love french fries and they have really good ones! Plus a fried Snickers bar ;) I'm sure the details would be in my journal, but I seem to recall it taking quite awhile to get our food for some reason. That was the only downside I think. It was a really pleasant day out so we sat outside.

Unfortunately, after eating we had to go back on the boat so we could catch the ME express to the airport. Goodbye POR!

In all my times going to DTD this year, I don't think I've seen Characters in Flight actually be open once. Glad it was open for you! Too bad you had a view of all that construction ;)

In all my times going to DTD this year, I don't think I've seen Characters in Flight actually be open once. Glad it was open for you! Too bad you had a view of all that construction ;)

I think we checked on three different days at various times - it's definitely not something that's open often! We got lucky.

I think having a room overlooking the water like that would be so lovely.

Oh wow, Characters in Flight is something I've always wanted to do. Maybe next trip. Wow those views. And DTD looks so quiet.

You know I don't think I've ever eaten at any of the QS places in DTD - Cookes looks pretty good! I can always get on board with good fries ;) I look forward to more in your dining review!

I'm sorry you misplaced your journal :( At least you're on check-out day instead of the beginning of your trip, am I right?

I think having a room overlooking the water like that would be so lovely.

Oh wow, Characters in Flight is something I've always wanted to do. Maybe next trip. Wow those views. And DTD looks so quiet.

Oh yes, I love that river and the boat rides. It's one of the reasons why POR is one of our favorite resorts.

I'd definitely recommend giving Characters in Flight a shot if it happens to be open. It's a short ride and a little pricey, but great views.

You know I don't think I've ever eaten at any of the QS places in DTD - Cookes looks pretty good! I can always get on board with good fries ;) I look forward to more in your dining review!

I'm sorry you misplaced your journal :( At least you're on check-out day instead of the beginning of your trip, am I right?

Mmm, french fries ;) We almost always eat at Earl of Sandwich when we're in DTD, but now that we have one in the Philly airport we've been trying some new QS places. I tried Wolfgang Puck Express on the West Side once and was so not impressed, but everyone raves about it so eventually I'll have to get back to the one in the Marketplace.

And at least I am able to end this TR without too much trouble - but I just started my October TR and it is the same journal! Ugh. I've literally torn my house apart and then cleaned everything meticulously hoping it will show up. Next step is cleaning out my car, though I searched through there too. So strange, where could it be?

Glad you were pretty much able to get through to the end! Hurray for the Characters in Flight balloon too.

Hmm... maybe your notebook is in a purse or a bag somewhere? That's my only guess. :thumbsup2

Oh no!!!! I hope you find your journal!

I really wanted to do Characters in Flight, but it was dark-ish by the time I got to DTD. I think it would be so amazing!!!

A fried Snickers bar sounds yummy :)

Glad you were pretty much able to get through to the end! Hurray for the Characters in Flight balloon too.

Hmm... maybe your notebook is in a purse or a bag somewhere? That's my only guess. :thumbsup2

I know it's going to randomly turn up somewhere like 3 months from now lol. I keep looking out for it but who knows where I put it!

Oh no!!!! I hope you find your journal!

I really wanted to do Characters in Flight, but it was dark-ish by the time I got to DTD. I think it would be so amazing!!!

A fried Snickers bar sounds yummy :)

Thanks! Actually the guy that was operating the Characters in Flight balloon told us that you can time it so that you're up in the air at the same time as fireworks are going off and that it's really awesome to see. I'd like to try that at some point!

The End

And thus ends another trip report! We got to the airport, got on the plane, and went home to the cold and the snow. And a parking ticket. A friend had driven us to the airport and picked us up, and we parked on the street near his place. Well, in the week we were gone a lot of the snow melted - and we ended up with a ticket for parking too far away from the curb! Never mind that when we parked we were as close to the curb as we could get thanks to the snow...

but oh well! It was a great trip! And if you're interested in reading more of my adventures, I have another TR going now for my October trip:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52473468

Thanks for following along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter